• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

*OFFICIAL* Avatar Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
NEVER play a ripped M2TS file directly without remuxing, especially if it has HD audio. :doh::disagree:

May I ask why -- because up until Avatar I have been able to play every other m2ts file (ripped from BD or DVD) with VLC media player

Agreed -- if Avatar is remuxed it will play then (I used RipBot264 to make it playable as an MP4 video)

May I ask why -- because up until Avatar I have been able to play every other m2ts file (ripped from BD or DVD) with VLC media player

Agreed -- if Avatar is remuxed it will play then (I used RipBot264 to make it playable as an MP4 video)

Because you will eventually and inevitably run into the problems you did.

Bluray discs, like DVD discs contain track information outside of the main data files, not just to implement annoying adverts and trailers, but to allow the player to choose the right continuation video (in the case of multiple m2ts file programs), select the subtitles that display the foreign language translation (in Avatar, for example), identify the tracks by language and encoding (so you don't hear the descriptive track for the blind, instead of the main audio).

Much of the time you will be lucky, but that is all it is. When you are unlucky, it is not a fault of AnyDVD.

Did you try with 6.6.4.2?

Looks like it is not in the source, but something to do with the partic way some players/transcoders decode the stream.

Transcoded with a modified form of VDubMod and PowerDVD 7.3 and no artifacts are present (in the same places as before at least) - I guess I'll know for sure when I watch the whole thing. Pretty sure what I describe above is the case tho.

Looks like it is not in the source, but something to do with the partic way some players/transcoders decode the stream.

Transcoded with a modified form of VDubMod and PowerDVD 7.3 and no artifacts are present (in the same places as before at least) - I guess I'll know for sure when I watch the whole thing. Pretty sure what I describe above is the case tho.

Fascinating. This is definitely a different kind of movie. I wonder if it's a high bitrate issue since they crammed in as much as they could for this one. At least you seem to have a way to work around the problem for now.

NEVER play a ripped M2TS file directly without remuxing, especially if it has HD audio. :doh::disagree:

Avatar m2ts plays fine in Media Player Classic Home Cinema 1.3.1774.0.

Not sure if it carries it own codecs or relies on others in the system.

OK. That was because of my micro-experience on BR. After remuxing everything works fine. SP audio is DTS so I've had to connect WDTV to my home-cinema. Thanks!

6.6.4.3 Avatar Error

From what I'm reading, after 6.6.4.1. all Avatar discs should play without error. Is that right?

I'm getting BD+ errors in 4.2 & 4.3

Total size: 24438784 sectors (47732 MBytes)
Video Blu-ray label: RED_BIRD_2D_WW
Media is AACS protected!
Media is BD+ protected!
AACS MKB version 16
Using BDPHash.bin 10-05-19
Failed to remove BD+, Error 668!
ERROR processing Blu-ray disc!

Logfile attached.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_6.6.4.3_Info_F_RED_BIRD_2D_WW.zip
    238.6 KB · Views: 5
From what I'm reading, after 6.6.4.1. all Avatar discs should play without error. Is that right?

I'm getting BD+ errors in 4.2 & 4.3

Media is AACS protected!
Media is BD+ protected!
AACS MKB version 16
Using BDPHash.bin 10-05-19

Logfile attached.

What kind of disc is that? From what country? Rental/retail?

BINGO!

That means it worked for me too. Scanned, Ripped to ISO & played back (partially, anyway.)

Thanks for your help, and the GREAT product!

I see, then would you please download and execute

http://sandbox.slysoft.com/beta/SetupBDPHash.exe

and see if that helps? It may not, though.

Didn't work for me! :( Did the hash D/L & the 6.6.4.4 beta:

Summary for drive Q: (AnyDVD 6.6.4.4)
HL-DT-ST BD-REGGW-H20L YL05
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Media is a Blu-Ray disc.

Media is AACS protected!
Media is BD+ protected!
AACS MKB version 16
Using BDPHash.bin 10-05-20

Attachments

• AnyDVD_6.6.4.4_Info_Q_RED_BIRD_2D_WW.zip
    241.2 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Usa netflix would not work for me.Hopefully I have uploaded the log file