• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

*OFFICIAL* Avatar Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It will rip to exactly 50% every-time. (no issue with any other discs) Disc is from N3tflix, but looks like a retail disc. Will play whole movie without issue in tmt3.

Any suggestions?
I have the same problem. Also, the movie stopped about halfway through in tmt3. Had to restart a little past and then it worked fine rest of movie. Will report to rental.

Definitely sounds like a mastering issue around the layer break to me. Idiots. So glad they test these discs before selling them to companies. :bang: Yea, there's on much you can do I'm afraid.

Hi,

Avatar being 1.78 aspect ratio takes up a lot of memory and will not fit on a BD25 disc.

But is it possible to demux it to 2.35 aspect ratio ? (obviously wouldn't be as the director intended it to be seen .)

I just wondered if there is this option .

You can use something like BD Rebuilder to shrink it down. You can search for it on doom9. There are multiple ways to use it to shrink it down to fit on the media of your choice and retain as much quality as possible.

All i can say is that maybe that time the drive could read past the error?
maybe the other product ignored the read error. who knows.

All i can say is that maybe that time the drive could read past the error?
maybe the other product ignored the read error. who knows.
Certainly. If even playback software stops at this spot.... :rolleyes:

Disc not even reading

I just read through last 7-8 pages (and the first couple pages from the beginning)...couldn't find my problem with Avatar disc mentioned. It's possible I missed it but didn't see any mention in the recent few pages.

Problem is this...just got my Avatar BluRay from Netflix. I insert it in my drive...I hear the drive spin for about 45 seconds but then nothing. Stops spinning. AnyDVD status screen shows no disc in drive. I updated to the latest beta (6.6.4.6) from 6.6.4.2...still same result. I put other bluray discs in and they work fine.

Attaching the logfile. Any help/suggestions would be highly appreciated.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_6.6.4.6_Info_E_EMPTY_DRIVE.zip
    17.3 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Ok well you do have a problematic filter. SiRemFil.sys supposedly causes issues with AnyDVD sometimes. But not sure if that would cause your problem. Are you able to play the disc back in either your software player or your hardware player?

I just read through last 7-8 pages (and the first couple pages from the beginning)...couldn't find my problem with Avatar disc mentioned. It's possible I missed it but didn't see any mention in the recent few pages.

Problem is this...just got my Avatar BluRay from Netflix. I insert it in my drive...I hear the drive spin for about 45 seconds but then nothing. Stops spinning. AnyDVD status screen shows no disc in drive. I updated to the latest beta (6.6.4.6) from 6.6.4.2...still same result. I put other bluray discs in and they work fine.

Attaching the logfile. Any help/suggestions would be highly appreciated.

0.06s: ERROR: unit ready failed, sense 4:9:1

This really looks like a bad disc. I assume you can't access it at all in Windows. Well... "He's dead, Jim."

James - Yes, that is correct...I can't access the disc on Windows either. But with all the copy protection stuff, I thought maybe it was some protection...well, at least a bad disc in this case is not that bad...will ask for a replacement disc. Hope that does the trick. Thanks for looking into.

Well... "He's dead, Jim."

LMAO - Big Time!! --- there's nothing like great customer service with a little humor added to the mix

Keep up the great work Captian Sly-James T Kirk :rock::D

But with all the copy protection stuff, I thought maybe it was some protection...

If Hollywood were smart, they would just use poorly-pressed discs as a copy-protection mechanism.

Maybe they already are. :)

If Hollywood were smart, they would just use poorly-pressed discs as a copy-protection mechanism.

Maybe they already are. :)

Til I get one I can't play and get REALLY upset. Sony already learned this lesson on DVD. It didn't end well for them.

Something screwy just happened when I moved the DVD posts to a new thread. Just posting to see if this fixes it.

I would like to point out one thing, however. People shouldn't be making images of rented movies. That's highly frowned upon. So please, let's keep the ripping discussion to discs you actually own. Nonetheless, in this particular case, I suspect these read errors are causing problems for playback with AnyDVD enabled.

I would like to point out one thing, however. People shouldn't be making images of rented movies. That's highly frowned upon. .

i agree..with an exception...this one being one of them...renters couldn't even play the disc without the miracle of slysoft...retailers have stories of this disc being returned for the dvd version (including my local blockbuster), because it simply wouldn't play without major contortions.

Yes, I understand that. That's why I'm not too upset about this discussion. The fact that this stupid rental BD is having read errors irritates the hell out of me because it shows they were careless with the mastering.

People shouldn't be making images of rented movies. That's highly frowned upon.

In cases where the disc is of poor quality but still readable an image may be the only practical way to watch the movie without it skipping / freezing.

Again, I understand that. It's why I'm not clamping down on this discussion.

I moved the posts related to avatar copy errors out to another thread because everything is getting too much mixed up here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back