• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

*OFFICIAL* Avatar Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

JPeterson

Sorry, JPeterson, I'm stealing your post. :D

AnyDVD 6.6.4.7 has been released to take care of the latest Avatar titles.

AnyDVD6647

End of line :)

-SamuriHL

Last edited by a moderator:
Any news on the rumor that the Avatar Bluray use a new BD+? Please update with verification or an ETA to circumvent it.

What rumor? Source? Link?
:confused:

What rumor? Source? Link?
:confused:
It's from this message "concernant le bluray, il est severement protegΘ encore une salete de bd+ ameliorΘ il faut donc attendre une mise a jour anydvd sorry" that was posted online.

Last edited:
If there is a new protection, Slysoft will address it when the disk is released and they get a copy. You can't hope for more than that.

It's impossible to give an ETA on how long something will take to crack, especially as no one has even seen what form the BD+ takes

Hard to give an ETA depends how hard it would be I imagine?

Hard to give an ETA depends how hard it would be I imagine?
But we can recap the time for previous versions:

bd+ 2: appeared May 2008, circumvented Jul 2008
bd+ 3: appeared Nov 2008, circumvented Dec 2008
bd+ 4: appeared Feb 2009, circumvented Mar 2009

So a reasonable ETA may be at least one month.

Last edited:

bd+ 2: appeared May 2008, circumvented Aug 2008

So (IF there really is such a thing as a "new" BD+ protection), the clock starts ticking, when I have the disc in my hands. Which will be release date + the usual 1-2 weeks shipping time to Antigua.

Also, I don't handle pressure very well, so add another week for each time I'm being asked "when will it be done".
And I already have a couple of those in my PM (despite my signature telling people to not PM me).

My answer therefore will be, as usual: February.
(you pick the year :) )

So (IF there really is such a thing as a "new" BD+ protection), the clock starts ticking, when I have the disc in my hands.
Ok, thanks.

Which will be release date + the usual 1-2 weeks shipping time to Antigua.
By the way, just because you are a shareholder in an offshore company doesn't necessarily mean that you have to live where it's based. Neither shareholders or management needs to live there. Unless they want their personal income taxed there of course.

Last edited:
shareholder lolz. Peer is one of the main developpers along with james :p

I've been ignorant about Bluray protection up to this point. So I'm wondering if problems to backup a new Bluray can mean either that the bd+ virtual machine has been altered, or that the same bd+ is used, but a new 16-byte so called Media Key Block is used? I've noticed that four bd+ versions have been mentioned so far, but 16 MKBs have been mentioned. So if it's only a new MKB I'm guessing it will be less difficult to circumvent than if a new bd+ version is used?

Last edited:
By the way, just because you are a shareholder in an offshore company doesn't necessarily mean that you have to live where it's based.

Oh, I didn't know that. I feel so stupid. Have to go to the beach and contemplate my terrible mistake.
Am I now forever stuck in this hellhole? :doh:

Oh, I didn't know that. I feel so stupid.
There's always a first time. I did the same mistake. I didn't realize it until my kids complained about the college opportunities on the 500 square kilometer island.

@JP: If a new BD+ protection is found, AnyDVD will most likely report that in the status window along with probably a request to notify slysoft :)

Well, Cocoon is a Fox title that just came out two days ago, and has a new BD+ on it. Maybe if they use the same one on Avatar we will have a head start on it. 8)

Hopefully it's on it's way! :D

The studio's goal is always to prevent piracy within the first week (at least) of release, if possible. They know it will get cracked eventually, but if they can keep it secure for the initial release weekend, they see that as a win.

well you could help out by providing a logfile for that disc and make a post in the BD+ thread along with some additional info like what disc exactly it is. like a link to a dvd store, EAN number, region, that sorta stuff :)

Without a logfile and/or a physical disc adding support for a new BD+ version is kinda hard

It's been in the BD+ log thread since Tuesday. I think 3 different people have posted their logs already. ;)

Not sure, all I know is that AnyDVD can't copy it... Is there a way to determine that?
"Failed to remove BD+, Error 668!"

Bumblebee doesn't seem to do anything with it either, but I'm not really sure how that is supposed to work...

bd+ 2: appeared May 2008, circumvented Aug 2008

Look at that!! You answered your own question!! :D

-W

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back