• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

PowerDVD 8 and HD DVD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could someone please tell me where to get these 3 nav files from?
You can also send me a PM of course.

Regards
Is that 8.0.3913 a beta?
All I can find on bittorrent is the 8.0.222 beta

That should suffice. I seriously doubt the HD DVD code has changed between versions.

So these morons over at CL did only take these files out???
What sense on earth does that make??? :bang:

BDA??? :confused:

cool
There are enough seeds - it started fast, but has slowed down.
It will be a while before I'll be able to post the Nav files. :(

So these morons over at CL did only take these files out???
What sense on earth does that make??? :bang:

BDA??? :confused:

So it would seem to me. I don't really care what they did so long as I can simply drop these files into any new build we get and have it work. There's absolutely NO reason to remove that functionality at all. Especially when I paid full retail price for PowerDVD 7.3 in order to play HD DVD originally.

Please do not post links to torrents of these files.

The last thing I want is for Cyberlink to post in these forums again and complain. If you want to break the EULA publically then please do it somewhere else. Thank you. :policeman:

My beta of 8 has 080222 in the file name and that is what I keep finding on the net. I installed it in a VM but it does not have the HDDVD files in it. What is the file name of the one that has the HDDVD files in it?

The NavFilter folder doesn't have any of the HDDVD*.* files? That seems weird.

Nope, none of them it has

CLDemuxer.ax
clm4splt.ax
CLNavx.ax
msvdp71.dll
msvcr71.dll

and thats it.

So it would seem to me. I don't really care what they did so long as I can simply drop these files into any new build we get and have it work. There's absolutely NO reason to remove that functionality at all. Especially when I paid full retail price for PowerDVD 7.3 in order to play HD DVD originally.

Maybe greedy Toshiba was demanding a lot of money for the licence from poor small Cyberlink to compensate their $1bn losses on the technology. :) So Cyberlink had no choice other than to drop the HDDVD support completely. Or something like that.

That sucks, damnskippy. Unfortunately I do not know where the build came from and I'm certainly not publishing any downloads for any of the files. Keep searching is all I can say.

Let's see, so, they had a license to use it in 7 and somehow that license becomes invalid on an upgrade? Somehow I doubt that. :)

My beta of 8 has 080222 in the file name and that is what I keep finding on the net. I installed it in a VM but it does not have the HDDVD files in it. What is the file name of the one that has the HDDVD files in it?

080222 was publically available beta. It had neither HDDVD nor Blu-ray support, only DVD, just like the current trial. The 1513 version people are talking here is different. It's an internal build from 15th Mar, it seems.

Its still not clear to me what PowerDVD Ultra 8 beta build contains all the files necessary. Can someone please PM me or post here??

See near the beginning of this thread. The version that we asked for information about. I have no idea where to find it.

Okay, I'll summarize this info to make it less ambiguous for those who are trying to find a way to get HD-DVD to work in PDVD Ultra:

You need to add/replace these files in PDVD Ultra 8 with the ones from PDVD Ultra 8 (beta
Version 8.0.3913.50)

HDDVD_X.imp
NavFilter\
HDDVDNav.ax
HDDVDNavi.dll
HDDVDAdvNav.dll
deskband32.dll
js.dll

Edit: and also type "regsvr32 HDDVDNav.ax" in the video filters directory you put HDDVDnav.ax in.

Last edited:
And you need to register the HDDVDNav.ax from the command line like this:

regsvr32 HDDVDNav.ax

I dont see it on usenet. Is it possible to anonymously put whats needed somewhere? We can then just quietly leave this alone.... without bring brining any more attention to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back