• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

PowerDVD 8 and HD DVD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks! I'm going to run some experiments on this in a bit.

Ok, so, I tested it just to see if adding that file would work. And in short, when you look at the about screen now, it shows HD DVD, however, when you try to play an HD DVD disc it still goes to file mode and stops. Something else is missing. I'll investigate a bit more.

Ok, so, I tested it just to see if adding that file would work. And in short, when you look at the about screen now, it shows HD DVD, however, when you try to play an HD DVD disc it still goes to file mode and stops. Something else is missing. I'll investigate a bit more.

You certainly will need the HD DVD navigation filter, and I have the feeling that the filters from PowerDVD 7.3 won't work.

@danielhu: It would be great, if you happen to know a download link for this version... ;)

You certainly will need the HD DVD navigation filter, and I have the feeling that the filters from PowerDVD 7.3 won't work.

@danielhu: It would be great, if you happen to know a download link for this version... ;)

He might also upload the hddvd nav filters too!? :agree:

Yes, but maybe something else is missing. It is easier to have a fully working version and compare it to the official build.
Should be easy for clever people to create a "HD DVD upgrade" pack for the release version.

Yes, but maybe something else is missing. It is easier to have a fully working version and compare it to the official build.
Should be easy for clever people to create a "HD DVD upgrade" pack for the release version.

That would be a dream to come true.... :rock:

DanielHu would that be possible to upload the HDVD-Nav files too?

They are located in the NAv-Filter folder and all contain the term HDDVD.

Would be great!

Regards

That's closer. I get to disc mode now but then PowerDVD just closes.

Sweet. I got it working. :D

You need js.dll and Deskband32.dll in addition to the HD DVD nav filters and the IMP. Functionality restored. :D

EDIT: Sorry, wasn't clear. You ONLY need the IMP file posted above and then copy the NavFilter stuff and the 2 dll's from PowerDVD 7 Ultra. ;)

EDIT2: Ok, I was wrong on the NavFilter stuff...apparently you do need it from the old build. :( I'm continuing to fiddle with this but rest assured I do have it working.

Last edited:
so any chance of a guide on how to make the current verson work with HD DVD?

Sweet. I got it working. :D

You need js.dll and Deskband32.dll in addition to the HD DVD nav filters and the IMP. Functionality restored. :D

EDIT: Sorry, wasn't clear. You ONLY need the IMP file posted above and then copy the NavFilter stuff and the 2 dll's from PowerDVD 7 Ultra. ;)

EDIT2: Ok, I was wrong on the NavFilter stuff...apparently you do need it from the old build. :( I'm continuing to fiddle with this but rest assured I do have it working.

So you got PDVD8 working with HDDVD?

What files from which version/build did u use?

Thanks

Ok, here's what I've determined to get this to work.

Files from old PowerDVD 8 build:

HDDVD_X.imp
NavFilter\
HDDVDNav.ax
HDDVDNavi.dll
HDDVDAdvNav.dll

Files from either old PowerDVD 8 build or PowerDVD 7 Ultra:
deskband32.dll
js.dll

That'll restore HD DVD playback in the latest PowerDVD 8 Ultra version. The NavFilters are pretty big so they can't be posted to the forum.

HDDVD_X.imp
NavFilter\
HDDVDNav.ax
HDDVDNavi.dll
HDDVDAdvNav.dll

deskband32.dll
js.dll

That'll restore HD DVD playback in the latest PowerDVD 8 Ultra version. The NavFilters are pretty big so they can't be posted to the forum.
rapidshare? badongo? ;)

EDIT: and, oh yeah, Nice Work! :D

Its almost as if they planed to release PowerDVD Ultra 8 with HD DVD support and then thought better of it at the last second ,….or yanked it to make a release date deadline.

I almost expect Cyberlink to launch an “HD DVD” add-on pack for PowerDVD Ultra 8 at a nominal, yet inappropriately annoying, fee. :disagree:

HDDVD_X.imp
NavFilter\
HDDVDNav.ax
HDDVDNavi.dll
HDDVDAdvNav.dll

deskband32.dll
js.dll

Could you upload it on a torrent or on a filesharing server?

That would be great.

Regards

EDIT: Yeah, great work, if only u could upload the files to rapidshare or badongo!?
EDIT2: Are these the files from the PDVD8 Without Ultra trial or from a fully working Ultra beta i don't know???

Last edited:
Yea, no, I'm not uploading this. I simply did it as a proof of concept that it can be done. You will have to work out where to acquire the files I'm afraid. Just know that it's possible and also note that it doesn't replace any files so there's no danger of doing this to newer builds. It just plain seems to work.

when you say 'Old Powerdvd build' which build is it?

It's from the build that DanielHu posted information about.

Could someone please tell me where to get these 3 nav files from?
You can also send me a PM of course.

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back