• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

PowerDVD 8 and HD DVD

Status
Not open for further replies.
well I followed your instruction to a "T" and I get this

8-24-20089-54-46AM.jpg

is the ; at the begining of the line because there is already a semi colon in front of the HDDVD part

Cant think of what else it could be

well I followed your instruction to a "T" and I get this

8-24-20089-54-46AM.jpg

is the ; at the begining of the line because there is already a semi colon in front of the HDDVD part

Cant think of what else it could be

Did you register this ?

And is it the version from 4102 and *NOT* the one from the rar file you found?

well I put the semi colon in and then I did the reg32 deal and that message came up

That message is saying that it can't find the file. Verify it's there and try again.

ok I will try it again but I know its there. Would me using vista 64 have anything to do with it?

Yes. Very much so. You need to read through the PowerDVD 8 HD DVD threads for info on MAYBE getting it to work with Vista 64. I myself have yet to move up to the 64 bit world. I need to, but, I've not gotten around to it even on my new laptop. But there are issues there.

make sure you are registering it in the CMD prompt as an administrator or it wont work

Dear @mfast , it's been nearly 14 years since this post, but do you maybe have this beta-version of PowerDVD 8 (that plays hd-dvd's) still available? I would be more than happy to use it! Thanks already a lot in advance. Cheers!

They'd like to play HD DVD's, as stated but I don't even think I have that kicking around anymore at this point. I very much doubt anyone would. Your best bet is to convert them to MKV's and forget about official playback.

I'm thinking about it but I have no clue what this was triggereing in the first place and what the benefits would be. I will wait a little while and if no response I will close it.

They'd like to play HD DVD's, as stated but I don't even think I have that kicking around anymore at this point. I very much doubt anyone would. Your best bet is to convert them to MKV's and forget about official playback.
Can you give options for HD-DVDs? I never had any.

I think I just said there aren't any. Total Media Player is gone. PowerDVD hasn't officially supported it since version 7. We sort of hacked it into 8 but it was nasty at best. The only thing that can be done now is use something like CloneBD or MakeMKV to convert them to MKV and play them back that way. I don't think any of the non-official players even play them anymore but I could be wrong there. It's been years since I've even tried. I replaced all my HD DVD's except a couple and probably should re-rip those to MKV at some point.

Guys. I suggest to use the Inbox / conversation option and get advice from SamuriHL. I'm not a rookie but I have no clue about HD-DVDs and I guess most users don't have a clue either. I will close this thread now but feel free to open a new one if you think it's needed and beneficial.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back