• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

PowerDVD 8 and HD DVD

Status
Not open for further replies.
So these morons over at CL did only take these files out???
What sense on earth does that make??? :bang:

BDA??? :confused:

No. Probably they weren't willing to pay license fees for HD DVD (DVD-Forum).

I assume it is a license fee *per shipped player* (= sale), but I don't know.

Given the price we pay for the damn software, removing this functionality is ridiculous. Besides, most of us are doing an upgrade, so, it's not really a new player as far as that goes. In those cases, they should enable it for us in the new version.

I know we can't post a link to a torrent of pdvd or anything like that, but how about a link to a file that just contains the .ax, .imp, and 4 .dll files needed for getting hddvd back?
Those files are only 5.3mb zipped up. ;)

I know we can't post a link to a torrent of pdvd or anything like that, but how about a link to a file that just contains the .ax, .imp, and 4 .dll files needed for getting hddvd back?
Those files are only 5.3mb zipped up. ;)
I think we should leave links to Cyberlink out of our forum, especially torrent files. They asked politely the first time, next time might not be so good. torrent files are famous for having lots of trojans, I wouldn't give them to anyone.
Slyfox1

I think we should leave links to Cyberlink out of our forum, especially torrent files. They asked politely the first time, next time might not be so good. torrent files are famous for having lots of trojans, I wouldn't give them to anyone.
Slyfox1
Roger that.

I totally agree. No sense drawing attention unnecessarily. A discrete PM would would be nice.

Aaargh you guys are killing me! I still don't know if I should buy 8. With HD-DVD functionality, I surely would, since I have a 7.1 setup ready to be ripped.

Someone confirmed for me, andy, that DTS-HD MA is supported on HD DVD's with this particular hack. :D None of mine have DTS-HD MA but if I ever come across any I'll be quite pleased. I'm just happy to have it in one program rather than having to load PowerDVD 7 when I want to watch an HD DVD. It's not like I didn't pay for both the retail of 7 and the upgrade of 8, so, I have no qualms about using this hack whatsoever. And since you're not modifying any files, only adding them, this should be useful for the future. No guarantees as Cyberlink may wish to put a stop to it. We'll see.

No guarantees as Cyberlink may wish to put a stop to it. We'll see.
Why should they? Just to p*ss of their customers even more? Unlikely. ;)
If they are wise, the will simply "ignore" this. DVD-Forum can't ask them for license fees, as they certainly do not deliver the missing files that enable HD DVD playback.

I hopes James is right. Regardless, please do not post links to these files in these forums. Thank you

Why should they? Just to p*ss of their customers even more? Unlikely. ;)
If they are wise, the will simply "ignore" this. DVD-Forum can't ask them for license fees, as they certainly do not deliver the missing files that enable HD DVD playback.

I TRULY hope you're right because I for one am VERY glad to have the missing functionality. There's no way I should have to load up version 7 every time I want to play an HD DVD. I already paid for the retail version and the update. I feel that at this point I have a right to use this hack if I so choose. :) I just hope they do indeed ignore it and let it go. IMO, it'd do well to quell some of the discontent that people have over removing it in the first place.

I don't doubt that it does. But there's the converting, losing special features, losing the menus, etc. Why not just play the original HD DVD in all its glory? :)

Hey SamuriHL, how do you register the .ax file? I just keep getting an error.Thnx

Open a cmd prompt in your Navfilter directory and type:

regsvr32 HDDVDNav.ax

thnx SamuriHL, I m not to good with cmd (I m a youngin) but it works now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back