• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

PowerDVD 8 and HD DVD

Status
Not open for further replies.
thnx SamuriHL, I m not to good with cmd (I m a youngin) but it works now.

Glad I could help. It's my opinion that they should have simply included this in the first place. But, look at it this way...at least no updates will ever be required in the HD DVD support. :D

Open a cmd prompt in your Navfilter directory and type:

regsvr32 HDDVDNav.ax
don't you need powertoys to have that option to open a cmd prompt in a directory?

Otherwise you have to Start > Run > (or click the Windows key + r) > cmd > then type cd C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD8\NavFilter and press enter > then type regsvr32 HDDDVDNav.ax

BTW, just got home and installed the powerdvd8 that they finally gave me my key for, registered it, and immediately did the hddvd trick. I mounted the HDDVD Beowulf.iso and it plays (and looks) sweet in pdvd 8. :D

EDIT: and I see I'm way late with my cmd question. :eek:

don't you need powertoys to have that option to open a cmd prompt in a directory?

Otherwise you have to Start > Run > (or click the Windows key > r) > cmd > then type cd C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD8\NavFilter and press enter > then type regsvr32 HDDDVDNav.ax

BTW, just got home and installed the powerdvd8 that they finally gave me my key for, registered it, and immediately did the hddvd trick. I mounted Beowulf and it plays (and looks) sweet in pdvd 8. :D

People run their machines WITHOUT the cmdhere.inf installed??? :D Idiots! LOL! That's literally one of the first things I install on all machines when I first install.

Save this to a file called cmdhere.inf:

;
; "CMD Prompt Here" PowerToy
;
; Copyright 1996 Microsoft Corporation
;
[version]
signature="$CHICAGO$"

[CmdHereInstall]
CopyFiles = CmdHere.Files.Inf
AddReg = CmdHere.Reg

[DefaultInstall]
CopyFiles = CmdHere.Files.Inf
AddReg = CmdHere.Reg

[DefaultUnInstall]
DelFiles = CmdHere.Files.Inf
DelReg = CmdHere.Reg

[SourceDisksNames]
55="CMD Prompt Here","",1

[SourceDisksFiles]
CmdHere.INF=55

[DestinationDirs]
CmdHere.Files.Inf = 17

[CmdHere.Files.Inf]
CmdHere.INF

[CmdHere.Reg]
HKLM,%UDHERE%,DisplayName,,"%CmdHereName%"
HKLM,%UDHERE%,UninstallString,,"rundll32.exe syssetup.dll,SetupInfObjectInstallAction DefaultUninstall 132 %17%\CmdHere.inf"
HKCR,Directory\Shell\CmdHere,,,"%CmdHereAccel%"
HKCR,Directory\Shell\CmdHere\command,,,"%11%\cmd.exe /k cd ""%1"""
HKCR,Drive\Shell\CmdHere,,,"%CmdHereAccel%"
HKCR,Drive\Shell\CmdHere\command,,,"%11%\cmd.exe /k cd ""%1"""

[Strings]
CmdHereName="CMD Prompt Here PowerToy"
CmdHereAccel="CMD &Prompt Here"
UDHERE="Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\CmdHere"

I even install it on my Vista machines even though they have a semi-useless version built in.

Thanks for everything all you who found out about this. I've decided to get 8. Now, I guess I must get busily working about how to get those missing files ;) ;) ;) WINK WINK.

People run their machines WITHOUT the cmdhere.inf installed??? :D Idiots! LOL! That's literally one of the first things I install on all machines when I first install.

Save this to a file called cmdhere.inf:

I even install it on my Vista machines even though they have a semi-useless version built in.
Nice!
I feel like a newbie :confused:

EDIT: BTW, when you pasted in the code for the .inf, there are two extra spaces which cause it to not work

Last edited:
Nice!
I feel like a newbie :confused:

In what way? :) All you need to do is save that to a file named cmdhere.inf, right click on it, and select install. Poof, right click on any folder in explorer and you get the Cmd Here command that instantly drops you into a cmd prompt in that folder. I can't live without it.

In what way? :) All you need to do is save that to a file named cmdhere.inf, right click on it, and select install. Poof, right click on any folder in explorer and you get the Cmd Here command that instantly drops you into a cmd prompt in that folder. I can't live without it.
No, I felt like a newbie for not using this already!

I figured out how to use it easily enough - and when it didn't work, I saw those 2 spaces, so I fixed them, re-installed it, and all is well :D

Otherwise you have to Start > Run > (or click the Windows key + r) > cmd > then type cd C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD8\NavFilter and press enter > then type regsvr32 HDDDVDNav.ax

I do it this way: Start -> Run -> Type "regsvr32" -> drag .dll or .ax from Explorer to the textbox in "Run" window -> this causes Windows to add the full path of the .dll to "regsvr32" -> Press "OK" -> Watch the message that .dll was registered.

No, I felt like a newbie for not using this already!

I figured out how to use it easily enough - and when it didn't work, I saw those 2 spaces, so I fixed them, re-installed it, and all is well :D

Ok, just making sure. :) Yea, this is a really handy file I always keep around. It works great!

I do it this way: Start -> Run -> Type "regsvr32" -> drag .dll or .ax from Explorer to the textbox in "Run" window -> this causes Windows to add the full path of the .dll to "regsvr32" -> Press "OK" -> Watch the message that .dll was registered.
damn, more shortcuts
... I didn't know about that trick either

Under XP, you can drag & drop files & directories from explorer into the cmd shell. I use this every day.
Unfortunately this doesn't seem work under Vista... :(

Yea, that's a very good trick, too. :)

Under XP, you can drag & drop files & directories from explorer into the cmd shell. I use this every day.
Unfortunately this doesn't seem work under Vista... :(

Shift right click on the file in question and say copy path. Then you can paste it into the cmd window in Vista.

Yes, that's the way I do it all the time.
Do you know how this lovely feature can be enabled in Vista?

James, I just tried dragging a file to my Run command box and it worked fine in Vista. Did it to a cmd window, too. I didn't enable anything special that I'm aware of.

Ah, sorry, no, it did NOT work in the cmd line. But it did work to the run command.

So, just refining this a bit, I played around some more. If you have PowerDVD 7 Ultra, the only files you *REALLY* need are HDDVD_X.IMP and HDDVDNav.ax. All the DLL files can come from PowerDVD 7 Ultra and it works just fine. No problems at all. Just an FYI. :)

Yes, that's the way I do it all the time.
Do you know how this lovely feature can be enabled in Vista?

I drag it to the text box in the "Run" window, not to the Command Prompt window. This works fine in Vista. :) And you can enable "Run..." command in Start Menu properties (it is disabled by default in Vista as far as I remember).

Yeh i just figured that out as you wrote it. VERY EXCITED about this development. Just tried 4 movies. all work great. Now its just a question if cyber somehow will find a way to screw this up with their first v8 update....guess we will see..

SAmurai nice tip on the cmdhere. Cant believe i didnt know that. Makes my life that much easier...

God its amazing how the simplest things can make a day!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back