• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

v1.1.3.0 Serious Bugs

Status
Not open for further replies.
think NF is mostly useless, to me their shows are mediocre at best and their movies are fairly awful.

Basically Amazon has only just begun to implement the same restrictions that NF has already had for ages.

yeah, i was thinking the other day of cancelling netflix since the selection sucks as of lately. truth be told, take cinemax or starz, and although the selection seems better, its not by much. netflix original content is third grade in 9/10 cases. amazon aint better, in fact this new trend of merging movie and tv production for streaming providers is bleh imo. costs arm and a leg and rarely doesnt get rid of that stale tv feel.

yeah, i was thinking the other day of cancelling netflix since the selection sucks as of lately. truth be told, take cinemax or starz, and although the selection seems better, its not by much. netflix original content is third grade in 9/10 cases. amazon aint better, in fact this new trend of merging movie and tv production for streaming providers is bleh imo. costs arm and a leg and rarely doesnt get rid of that stale tv feel.
Its the wave of the future, for good or bad. It has to do with the sliding scale you can pay actors.

Blumhouse was one of the production groups which proved that you can pay every actor the absolute minimum and, even if your movie sucks, you're likely to profit if you partner with a streaming service like AP. The movies are available instantly on demand, and once a few hundred thousand people have viewed it, the movie has paid for itself. It takes longer for the word of mouth to get around that the movie is awful and by then everyone has already seen it. This is pure gold to NF and Amazon. Plus since these movies are usually included in your subscription, you're not having to make the decision whether to spend $18 to drive to the theatre to see a load of what may be crap.

Some smaller production groups like A24 actually make pretty good movies, consistently. I appreciate these movies a lot and will generally always give them a chance.

I am about to cancel mine as well. Netflix content is 90% garbage, 10% mediocre and 100% woke (which is fine if you like that but that's ALL they have). Most of it is just an exercise to see how many F bombs or sexual encounters they can fit in 1 episode. If you look at their "Trending" or "What's Popular" 90% of it is not their stuff it's the few decent things they have left.

It's uber ironic because Netflix is the new Blockbuster. Amazon makes stinky content too but they still have a decent movie selection AND they made a movie marketplace. So they adapted to the streaming wars, Netflix did not.

Dang, I really need to stop immediately updating software if stuff like this happens often. 1.1.2.0 worked so perfectly for me.

So both Netflix and Amazon do not work properly for HD, even though Anystream is advertised as "Full 1080p". I feel like those of us who have purchased licenses deserve an ETA on when these fixes will be implemented. Or at least an option for a refund.

Amazon makes stinky content too but they still have a decent movie selection AND they made a movie marketplace. So they adapted to the streaming wars, Netflix did not.

yup, agreed. at least with amazon you can get channels, including imdbtv which has a decent library and get a whole new purpose with anystream. snagged more than a few series and movies form there. at first i thought AS cuts out the commercials, but it seems theyre just injected when watching live. could be wrong about that. btw, even cinemax is meh, starz too, hbo probably... dunno, maybe standlone apps have larger libraries than prime channels. im now in a phase where i start free trials of prime channels and then getting as much as i can within trial period. but usually i pay for a month or two, so that i dont have to sit in front of the computer 24/7. when combined, amazon, netflix, disney, prime channels... theres enough stuff to watch and download. cheers!

Reactions: DQ
So both Netflix and Amazon do not work properly for HD, even though Anystream is advertised as "Full 1080p". I feel like those of us who have purchased licenses deserve an ETA on when these fixes will be implemented.

I think this is definitely worse for people who just now bought the program. They might have shelled out a ton of money for the lifetime license and then on day one it doesn't work. I'm sure it will be fixed soon, but this might give them a bad first impression for sure. I'm fine with waiting a few days for a fix. I prefer a good fix rather than a rushed crappy fix.

yup, agreed. at least with amazon you can get channels, including imdbtv which has a decent library and get a whole new purpose with anystream. snagged more than a few series and movies form there. at first i thought AS cuts out the commercials, but it seems theyre just injected when watching live. could be wrong about that. btw, even cinemax is meh, starz too, hbo probably... dunno, maybe standlone apps have larger libraries than prime channels. im now in a phase where i start free trials of prime channels and then getting as much as i can within trial period. but usually i pay for a month or two, so that i dont have to sit in front of the computer 24/7. when combined, amazon, netflix, disney, prime channels... theres enough stuff to watch and download. cheers!

I have HBO Max as a standalone service. It is fairly good, but I would not call it awesome. I think that "fairly good" is the best any single streaming service will pull off. Amazon has the superior idea clearly with the marketplace.

Imagine releasing a new version without proper testing. :LOL:

Dang, I really need to stop immediately updating software if stuff like this happens often. 1.1.2.0 worked so perfectly for me.
Has nothing to do with AS really, Amazon changed something on their end.

I used to work at a place where proper testing took a month. Is that what we want? Probably not.

I have HBO Max as a standalone service. It is fairly good, but I would not call it awesome. I think that "fairly good" is the best any single streaming service will pull off. Amazon has the superior idea clearly with the marketplace.
Exactly. All the big budget garbage is on Max. I, for one, absolutely hate comic book and video game movies. Every one of them looks and feels the same, very predictable, and that's the bulk of what HBO Max promotes - its pretty much all most providers think users want to see. They do have some decent movies, but you have to dig for them. HBO does have consistently good TV series though for at least 20 years now. That's really why I keep it.

I used to work at a place where proper testing took a month. Is that what we want? Probably not.
And even then there's no way to test absolutely every possible configuration that users have. I find people that complain about testing are usually just being petulant and petty.

Basically Amazon has only just begun to implement the same restrictions that NF has already had for ages.

This is why I think it's unlikely we'll get HD back. If AS devs can't get around the advanced NF or D+ encryption, I don't see why they'll be able to crack this new AS scheme. And if they do, we might start seeing accounts banned for usage.

This is why I think it's unlikely we'll get HD back. If AS devs can't get around the advanced NF or D+ encryption, I don't see why they'll be able to crack this new AS scheme. And if they do, we might start seeing accounts banned for usage.
I am not an optimist, nor a pessimist. Expecting the best or the worst every time is futile. I am a total realist, and so I totally agree with you. It's not to say they wont eventually figure out something, but I wouldn't bet on it. I hate to say it, but it's true.

3. Audio drop down was completely blank. Nothing available.
4. Subtitle drop down was completely blank. Nothing available.

I just installed and tested v1.1.0.3 (64-bit) and I noticed your issues #3 & #4 in APV. Checked the forum for any updates, and so I've reverted back to the previous version considering RedFox has enough already to address the issues.

UPDATE:

FYI:
After reverting to v1.1.0.2 (64-bit), APV has DRM issues, although the other two providers are operational.

Last edited:
Anyway, I've haven't even upgraded to 1.1.3.0 yet, but I'm already getting the DRM error.

I'll wait for the update.

VPN Bug with v1130

I decided to test VPN with (N) and I'm getting an "Error connection to..." message. Log file attached

upload_2021-5-12_21-28-13.png

The good news is that when I reverted back to v1120, it still works in that version.
Perhaps this can be looked into after the DRM priority.
Thanks.

Attachments

• AnyStream_1.1.3.0.astlog
    1.1 KB · Views: 0
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back