• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

v1.1.3.0 Serious Bugs

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see your point and I agree with you. But to be fair there were threads that raised this question BEFORE this issue happened, and they were brushed off as having no credibility and were shut down. In those same threads we were told that there was nothing to worry about and everything was going to continue working. While I agree with everything you said, I also think that suppressing information creates a lot of unnecessary panic, including repetitive questions. I am not criticizing RedFox, I stand by them and support them, no matter the outcome. But I just wish their updates had a little more "meat" on them.
Yes, I also would like to get more updates about the progress, but at the moment and with all the threads and posts during the last few days in mind I only want everyone to cool down a bit and wait. I think they might know something already, but it is not ready for the public yet or they are not sure so it is useless to ask over and over again within only two days.
I agree it can be difficult to stay unsure about the future, but, as I said, it has been two or three days. So as much as I would like to get an answer too, it is just a bit too early I think.

Throwing more gasoline on the fire - this thread should be locked and or deleted. Everyone knows what has/is happening. The devs surely will not let you know a thing until such time as they want to issue a new release. It's not like a month has gone by with silence. Besides, there is knowing, and there is getting. If you get info that it will be fixed, but do not get it in the short term, will you not ask more questions?

Except software development doesn't work like that, especially when you are *cough* circumventing a system you didn't design, and that system itself is attempting to prevent you from circumventing it.

I'll give you a 'hard answer' to your 'hard question' based on decades wading around in the grey areas of 'legal use' :

If you need an answer today, to make decision (not because you are 'mad') then you should assume this will NOT be fixed. Simple.

If they manage to find a way to restore functionality, then you get a nice present. If they don't, then nothing has changed.

This stuff isn't like writing a log parser, and 'brute forcing' your way through the problem is a FAST way to get the kind of attention that turns this software into 'vapor' overnight.

Depending on your age, and involvement into other forms of 'free' broadcasting, you might remember when DirectTV still used smart chips in their receivers; the longer that game persisted, the faster (and more volatile) things became.

If I were a betting man, I would say there is a potential work around to restore 1080p. It isn't like Amazon has stopped broadcasting in HD, they are still making that content outward facing. Either they got sloppy and left a SD hole open (and we are weeks away from Amazon no longer being a service), or it is just time to figure out how to apply the SD solution to higher resolutions. *shrug*
Point taken, I appreciate your measured response. And yes, I remember DirectTV, that was a while ago, they closed it up pretty quick, I hope that's not the case here.

The last part you wrote made a lot of sense, lets wait and see. Devs do have an important job on their hands right now. I don't mean to come off as inconsiderate, because I fully support RedFox and wish them success.

To all of you young antsy people out there demanding some type of instant and gratifying answer to "are we there yet" question, I'd like to welcome you to the analog side of the screen.

Sit back and enjoy the fruits that you've collected so far and let nature take its course.

To be fair, we do NOT deserve the answer to this question. Obviously they have not cracked the new DRM protecting AP HD videos! It is unrealistic to ask them if it can be cracked or not. If the answer is "yes" then they would have cracked it and released it in an update. They are still working on cracking it so the correct answer to your question right now is: it MAY or MAY NOT be crackable. Wait and see. We only deserve an answer to this IF they have already failed cracking it and determine that it is impossible and they are going to give up on cracking this DRM protecting AP HD videos. Not trying to be rude.......just trying to point out the reality of this situation.
I get it, I guess I was looking for a more sunny disposition from the team, things look kind of gloomy when their input is absent in the threads.

Throwing more gasoline on the fire - this thread should be locked and or deleted. Everyone knows what has/is happening. The devs surely will not let you know a thing until such time as they want to issue a new release. It's not like a month has gone by with silence. Besides, there is knowing, and there is getting. If you get info that it will be fixed, but do not get it in the short term, will you not ask more questions?
I am not going to speak for others, but if, for instance, I was told that it was going to take "approximately" a month to get going, then I wouldn't raise this issue again until the middle of June, and if it was to happen sooner than that then it's fantastic.

To all of you young antsy people out there demanding some type of instant and gratifying answer to "are we there yet" question, I'd like to welcome you to the analog side of the screen.

Sit back and enjoy the fruits that you've collected so far and let nature take its course.

this is probably the advice i would give also. the prospect of losing time on a time-based license of AS i'm not that crazy about - but i understand.

hopefully this would get resolved in a reasonable time frame ... I guess we'll wait and see

I was told that it was going to take "approximately" a month to get going
Which would you rather tell Amazon - that it will take a month to crack their new DRM. so they better hop to it getting something stronger, or that it can't be fixed yet, giving Amazon a little hope that their efforts are doing something? Or how about nothing at all ... and let them guess?

You do realize this is not going to be the last monkey wrench thrown at this software. I'm surprised no one has asked how long will it work once it is fixed so that they can better schedule their download time. RedFox 1 is going to need to polish his crystal ball a bit more.

I think the standard answer the devs should give is "it's a complicated issue". You know they are working on it. Prospere tells us that in almost every post he makes. Isn't that good enough? I would also assume that if something can't be fixed, we will be told - just as we have been told about that new fangled encryption that Redfox can't break on "Fury".

Which would you rather tell Amazon - that it will take a month to crack their new DRM. so they better hop to it getting something stronger, or that it can't be fixed yet, giving Amazon a little hope that their efforts are doing something? Or how about nothing at all ... and let them guess?
As much as I am clamoring for an update, you make a good point. Some Amazon engineer is no doubt monitoring these forums. So keeping us in the dark is probably in everyone's best interest for the time being. Fingers crossed, I guess.

You do realize this is not going to be the last monkey wrench thrown at this software. I'm surprised no one has asked how long will it work once it is fixed so that they can better schedule their download time. RedFox 1 is going to need to polish his crystal ball a bit more.

I think the standard answer the devs should give is "it's a complicated issue". You know they are working on it. Prospere tells us that in almost every post he makes. Isn't that good enough? I would also assume that if something can't be fixed, we will be told - just as we have been told about that new fangled encryption that Redfox can't break on "Fury".
Even though I assume that there's always someone from Amazon monitoring updates (in which case it makes very little difference, they may decide to counter sooner or later with or without an update) I understand what you're trying to say. It does make sense.

As for the rest of your post where you said you were surprised that no one asked how long it would work once it's fixed, people did actually ask BEFORE. With anticipation of May 31st several people created threads to get an idea of how badly this was going to affect AS, and they were not allowed to talk about it further and threads were locked. I hope the devs can get it fixed and I wish them all the luck. At the same time, as you said, if it's something that can't be fixed then they should tell us sooner than later. Whatever the final outcome will be I will always appreciate the effort that they put in trying to get this fixed.

And I think that you and everyone else should know, that when I asked the question it didn't come out of place of criticism.

you said you were surprised that no one asked how long it would work once it's fixed, people did actually ask BEFORE
Yes they did - but that was with a different issue altogether. One that serves no purpose to open again. My post had to do strictly with DRM issues and Amazon (or any of the provider's for that matter).

Yes they did - but that was with a different issue altogether. One that serves no purpose to open again. My post had to do strictly with DRM issues and Amazon (or any of the provider's for that matter).
It was an identical issue, May 31st was about DRM, and it was the changes with DRM that people wanted to talk about in those threads, multiple times. Mods here have also admitted, after the fact, that this issue is related to the changes of May 31st which clearly happened sooner than expected.

But I don't need to beat a dead horse about it, I just hope it can get fixed, however long it takes.

If it's me your referring to, i admitted no such thing. I said there were drm changes on the Amazon side that MAY be related to upcoming DRM changes at the end of the month.

Neither me, nor any Redfox staff member definitively stated the Amazon drm changes in AnyStream were because of them. You're jumping to conclusions they are, what a provider does on it's own accord prior to a specific date is on them. Not on the DRM technology itself.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

this issue is related to the changes of May 31st which clearly happened sooner than expected
What?? No moderator or dev that I've seen post said anything of the sort. If the supposed changes of May 31 come at any time, before or after, would they not impact all of the providers? Enough about that business. This is strictly about a change in Amazon DRM.

What?? No moderator or dev that I've seen post said anything of the sort. If the supposed changes of May 31 come at any time, before or after, would they not impact all of the providers? Enough about that business. This is strictly about a change in Amazon DRM.
I think HAMsmoke is on to something here. (y):whistle:

If it's me your referring to, i admitted no such thing. I said there were drm changes on the Amazon side that MAY be related to upcoming DRM changes at the end of the month.

Neither me, nor any Redfox staff member definitively stated the Amazon drm changes in AnyStream were because of them. You're jumping to conclusions they are, what a provider does on it's own accord prior to a specific date is on them. Not on the DRM technology itself.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
Yes, you are correct. It was a bad choice of words on my part and I apologize to you and the other mods for implying that. It was suggested to be ONE of the possibilities, but never confirmed as a fact. There's been a lot of information exchanged in many threads over the last couple of days and I should have been more clear about what I said.

I already retracted my previous statement, while it was never confirmed to be the case, it was suggested that it may be related. I'm far from an expert but I wouldn't rule it out myself. Is it a coincidence that all of this happened as May 31st was approaching? Netflix was acting up as well. To be honest, I didn't download from Netflix yet but going through the threads other members have said that some movies that were previously available in HD are now is SD....I think it's also regional as was the case with Amazon in the beginning. I may be totally off with my assumption, but I don't think that anyone knows for sure what is causing the problem, otherwise we would already have a solution.

As I said before, many times now, whatever the issue is, I hope we'll have a solution soon. And I thank the mods and devs for the job that they're doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back