• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

v1.1.3.0 Serious Bugs

Status
Not open for further replies.
are you able to disclose if that is something that is even fixable at this stage? I mean bringing 1080p back for Amazon. I'm not asking for a time frame, I think a lot of folks including myself are pondering if that is something that is possible to do given the situation with new drm change?

The one thing that I can always count on with Redfox products is an update to a problem in real time and the personal customer service that allows interactions with those of us that are not versed in how things happen when we click on the button.

Once again, "Thank You" for your time and patience with us. Your products are great!

I agree with "lajoes".... RedFox is the best... and I also am grateful of all you do for us. Thank you!!! :thankyou:

I just installed 1.1.3.1 and found D+ back to normal. I did not yet try NF, but I did try several different files on AP.... none of them are offering anything more than DVD quality now :cry:. In another thread, it was mentioned that the providers are the ones who are controlling the resolutions we DL. If this is the case, is AP now off the list of HD content to DL? :banghead::D

Thank you all again for your brilliance and diligence in making this amazing app. :)

DOH! I see there is a new thread for the 1.1.3.1 now... and I see RedFox is again hard at work for us all. Please disregard my question above. And thank you again for being awesome!

Last edited:
We will let everyone know when an update for 1080P on Amazon is ready, no need to keep asking " Are we there Yet?" or" How Long", its going to take Prosp[ere more time if he has to stop to answer the same questions over and over again. Let's let him work.:banghead:

We will let everyone know when an update for 1080P on Amazon is ready, no need to keep asking " Are we there Yet?" or" How Long", its going to take Prosp[ere more time if he has to stop to answer the same questions over and over again. Let's let him work.:banghead:
Can you at the very least confirm that an update WILL in fact be ready that will restore 1080p back? It doesn't matter if it will take 1 week or 1 month, but can you at least with confidence say that this will be fixed?

Can you at the very least confirm that an update WILL in fact be ready that will restore 1080p back? It doesn't matter if it will take 1 week or 1 month, but can you at least with confidence say that this will be fixed?
What kind of question is that?

I will say, just as an aside, that 1.1.3.1 really seemed to speed up things with Netflix. Downloads are zippy again.

It's pretty simple. Either the new DRM scheme for HD is uncrackable, and we should be notified, or the new DRM scheme for HD can eventually be cracked, and we should also be notified.
Keep in mind they might even know nothing till now. Just be patient, it's two or three days since the problems appeared. Give them time to figure it out. Nothing is more bad than getting told that they are not able to fix it, but some days or even hours after they told it they find a way to do so, but you are disappointet already.
So give them time to figure it out, I'm sure they will tell us when they know more.

What kind of question is that?
It's a pretty straightforward question, and as wright96d wrote above me is pretty reasonable. Sorry, but I don't ask soft ball questions, and I don't think I'm crossing any lines here. EVERYONE here wants to know the same thing. I think we deserve to have an answer if it's at least POSSIBLE to fix. Nobody likes to have false hope and nobody is pressing for any more details than that.

Keep in mind they might even know nothing till now. Just be patient, it's two or three days since the problems appeared. Give them time to figure it out. Nothing is more bad than getting told that they are not able to fix it, but some days or even hours after they told it they find a way to do so, but you are disappointet already.
So give them time to figure it out, I'm sure they will tell us when they know more.
I see your point and I agree with you. But to be fair there were threads that raised this question BEFORE this issue happened, and they were brushed off as having no credibility and were shut down. In those same threads we were told that there was nothing to worry about and everything was going to continue working. While I agree with everything you said, I also think that suppressing information creates a lot of unnecessary panic, including repetitive questions. I am not criticizing RedFox, I stand by them and support them, no matter the outcome. But I just wish their updates had a little more "meat" on them.

It's a pretty straightforward question, and as wright96d wrote above me is pretty reasonable. Sorry, but I don't ask soft ball questions, and I don't think I'm crossing any lines here. EVERYONE here wants to know the same thing. I think we deserve to have an answer if it's at least POSSIBLE to fix. Nobody likes to have false hope and nobody is pressing for any more details than that.

Except software development doesn't work like that, especially when you are *cough* circumventing a system you didn't design, and that system itself is attempting to prevent you from circumventing it.

I'll give you a 'hard answer' to your 'hard question' based on decades wading around in the grey areas of 'legal use' :

If you need an answer today, to make decision (not because you are 'mad') then you should assume this will NOT be fixed. Simple.

If they manage to find a way to restore functionality, then you get a nice present. If they don't, then nothing has changed.

This stuff isn't like writing a log parser, and 'brute forcing' your way through the problem is a FAST way to get the kind of attention that turns this software into 'vapor' overnight.

Depending on your age, and involvement into other forms of 'free' broadcasting, you might remember when DirectTV still used smart chips in their receivers; the longer that game persisted, the faster (and more volatile) things became.

If I were a betting man, I would say there is a potential work around to restore 1080p. It isn't like Amazon has stopped broadcasting in HD, they are still making that content outward facing. Either they got sloppy and left a SD hole open (and we are weeks away from Amazon no longer being a service), or it is just time to figure out how to apply the SD solution to higher resolutions. *shrug*

I respect your right to comment or ask questions, but like it was said, give them time to work and be patient - they've ALWAYS delivered consistent results.

See what one of the moderators wrote above:
"We will let everyone know when an update for 1080P on Amazon is ready, no need to keep asking " Are we there Yet?" or" How Long", its going to take Prosp[ere more time if he has to stop to answer the same questions over and over again. Let's let him work.:banghead:"

You have to understand what he wrote - no where in there did they say they are at wits end or have no clue how to proceed or that AZP will have no fix. He said they will alert when an update is ready - that means they are working on it, something might be coming in the near future. He said let them work - that means, they are working on it. I would guess, even if it were uncrackable, they are working to discover that or not, but it takes time. No one has lost their ability to go into AP, NF, D+ and watch movies or shows via a browser or media box (like Roku). You can still get HD content outside of AS. Redfox isn't a corporation of 40,000 employees. They provided status above, I'd prefer they spend time looking at the issue and working on a solution instead of answering every question about "Is it ready? Is there a fix? Can you fix it? Can I get HD? Are you going to be able to crack it?"

Again, totally respecting your right to ask any question you wish, just from an IT management perspective, give them time to work - don't pressure them. Appreciate them. When someone hounds you constantly at work, do you deliver better or faster, same pace/quality, or worse? When you are encouraged, left alone to work on critical issues, do you find that you are able to achieve better results? My time as a manager has taught me good people deliver great things when you SUPPORT them. If you ride, hound, toil with, argue, attack - it can affect productivity and quality. Just my $0.02 cents.

I think we deserve to have an answer if it's at least POSSIBLE to fix. Nobody likes to have false hope and nobody is pressing for any more details than that.

To be fair, we do NOT deserve the answer to this question. Obviously they have not cracked the new DRM protecting AP HD videos! It is unrealistic to ask them if it can be cracked or not. If the answer is "yes" then they would have cracked it and released it in an update. They are still working on cracking it so the correct answer to your question right now is: it MAY or MAY NOT be crackable. Wait and see. We only deserve an answer to this IF they have already failed cracking it and determine that it is impossible and they are going to give up on cracking this DRM protecting AP HD videos. Not trying to be rude.......just trying to point out the reality of this situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back