• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

[Update to v6.8.5.12 beta or newer] Is THOR unrippable??

Status
Not open for further replies.
there are also people who tried multiple copies and had the same result. also people all of north america and europe with the same problems

Sorry

No can do on the log file. I'm in my truck now and a few hundred miles away from the disc.
The version of ANYDVD I used was the latest beta version 6859.
The burning program I used was 1 click dvd copy pro and that was outdated.
I tried it on a whim not really expecting it to work and it did.

You can't argue with results but let's wait until the smoke clears on this.
Others were also in the boat on this one, including Forum members for other products, but there are always surprises in this business after all.

After all, protections / bad sectors appearing differently in user logs means something that is ordinarily linear is not and this is most unusual.
I've seen status data for successful reads w/ 2 bad sectors, the general "bad" figure is 17 and some showed up to 44.

I'd like to know what version of the disc all the impacted people have. Amazon US is selling this movie in 3 flavours: Thor DVD, Thor (Two-Disc Blu-ray/DVD Combo + Digital Copy), and Thor (Three-Disc Combo: Blu-ray 3D / Blu-ray / DVD / Digital Copy). Now, in the Blu-Ray releases it's all but guaranteed that if the Digital Copy is physically on the disc then it will be on the SD DVD disc which means that that DVD will likely be exactly the same for the two different Blu-Ray releases but differ from the SD DVD release because that doesn't come with a Digital Copy. In the event the Digital Copy is not actually on a disc in the Blu-Ray sets then it would be possible to use the same SD DVD disc in all the movie release flavours. Personally, I expect there to be a difference between the SD DVD disc sold separately and in the Blu-Ray releases. That being said, I do not expect them to wind up being the same exact size. It'd be a first if it did. So, now I am left with wondering if there will be a rental-only version of this on SD DVD and if there is then the protection could be different but I would expect the disc sizes to not be the same. This again leads back to the big question of how do the discs differ and why. Maybe the studio is playing a game with multiple releases using different protections in the same release region but that would be a new one that I haven't seen.

So, exactly what disc do people have and people should include the UPC and, if possible, the ASIN? The more information given the more can be figured out.

Users with "0" for their DVD drive region scored highest for bad sectors and that is very weird in my opinion.

The failure to brute force the CSS keys can result in read errors. Those read errors can then be wrongly interpreted as structural protection.

Last edited:
Yours has 20 bad sector protections, so I'd still have to go with bad disc. The good working discs appear to have only 2 and others on here seem to have 17 so 20 would flag it as even worse than the others
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
I forgot to mention it once said CSS keys weren't correct so it would guess(can't remember the correct word) as to what they were and it may not work
the thing is why can't just straight copy using DL disc, it won't do that

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
I forgot to mention it once said CSS keys weren't correct so it would guess(can't remember the correct word) as to what they were and it may not work
the thing is why can't just straight copy using DL disc, it won't do that

New disc, still unable to get 6.8.5.9 installed on my Windows 7 puter, 7 attempts now, so I used 6.8.5.0
this time i got the CSS key window warning, I will try to send that one too

now got problem with site and security token :bang:

I believe I read earlier that file 1 only would be the movie, but I get no file 1
in Clone DVD2, I tried all the large files and none of them would scan through most I got was 87%

Attachments

• AnyDVD_6.8.5.0_Info_G_THOR - new disc.zip
    453 KB · Views: 8
  • log new disc.txt
    4.9 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
OK, but....

I tried it on a whim not really expecting it to work and it did.

OK, thanks. That still means that AnyDVD in some form or other was indeed able to process this DVD and I hope when you get back home you can help us out with that - unless there is a 100% world-wide-one-for-all solution for this beast.

One thing to do ...

Your log is showing one of the mysteries on this DVD. You have more than 17 "bad" sectors. Set your region for your DVD drive, please.

Right mouse the system tray AnyDVD fox icon and click "exit".

Remove the DVD from the drive.

YOU MUST EXIT ANYDVD OR YOU CANNOT CHANGE THE DRIVE REGION

1. Click start. Right click on "My computer"--->select "properties" (in Vista, start > right click "Computer" ---> select "Properties")
2. Click on the 'Hardware' tab--->click the 'device manager' button (in Vista, open "Device Manager").
3. Open the dvd/cdrom branch---> right click on your optical drive
4. Click "properties".
5. You should have a region tab at the top there. Click that and from there you can select a region.
6. Select the region that matches YOUR COUNTRY. Close those panels now.
7. Start Anydvd, insert the DVD and left click the system tray AnyDVD fox and see that the drive status shown is NOT "0".

Do NOT proceed until the status panel for AnyDVD shows a number for your drive region and no longer "0".

Then try that. I may be wrong, but non-linear protections is something that is starting to make me nervous.

ok, I did get a clean copy of thor, movie only, but it's a pain
there is a software called ideal copy dvd, copy entire disc with that (using anydvd)into a hard disc folder, not onto a disc, because it won't be readable. then copy main movie only with clone, title 5. burn that and watch it. I did it exactly like that, then watched the movie last night. perfect copy.
the problem with thor is for sure a copy protection, not bad discs.

there is a software called ideal copy dvd, copy entire disc with that (using anydvd)into a hard disc folder, not onto a disc, because it won't be readable. then copy main movie only with clone, title 5. burn that and watch it. I did it exactly like that, then watched the movie last night. perfect copy.

Thor

I am having the same problems with thor. I am using windows xp

Attachments

• AnyDVD_6.8.5.9_Info_E_THOR.zip
    433.8 KB · Views: 7
long time?

hey framkk, thanks for the tip , im trying it right5 now , did it take a long time using that ideal software? thanks again

@frankk
No need to crosspost 4 times the same just because there are 3 threads too many ;)

not true....

Don't shoot without a clean look at the target. If that statement were true then no product would let you burn anything at all.

This may be a cleverly built DVD with different faces in different regions but nobody is going to tell me that those that eventually were able to run this "normally" w/ AnyDVD are on drugs or misrepresenting anything.

Over in another Forum for a (cough, cough) similar product they are also spinning their wheels with a lot of "try this", "try that", "try that before this", do this before that", ad nauseum.

Eventually, this will find a solution and we'll someday sit on a veranda somewhere and muse about it. All I know is this: if I'm wrong, I'm in good company with some really good members here and I think about the song from Billy Joel about Vietnam "and we will all go down together".

ummm...yes it is true

say what you like, I watched my copy of thor last night.
to answer the other question, it took about an hour for ideal to compress to hard drive. by the way, ideal sees the disc as 7.5 gig, where as the others see it as 24 gig.
try it before you mock it.
sorry about the multiple posts, just trying to help everyone.

just because slysoft hasen't figured it out doesn't mean no one has....

all good and fine..

It's helpful yes, but it is still a "trick" and this should work like any other.

Reports are reaching us that even with the quality and/or other mysteries it is possible to back this up.

- Using CloneDVD be sure you only copy titles 01 and 03.

thanks

thanks frankk, dont get into a peeing contest here boys , but maybe its not all bad disc after all......

title 5 doesnt have all the movie?

i was just scanning it before i burn it and noticed the whole movie isnt in this title, any idea's?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back