• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

[Update to v6.8.5.12 beta or newer] Is THOR unrippable??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jakejoe85

Just as the title say I can't make a backup with this. Looks like Paramount Pictures made a new Anti-Piracy protection on this movie. For some reason the CSS key fail to do the rest of the files.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_6.8.5.8_Info_E_THOR.zip
    328.1 KB · Views: 101
Just as the title say I can't make a backup with this. Looks like Paramount Pictures made a new Anti-Piracy protection on this movie. For some reason the CSS key fail to do the rest of the files.

From your log drive region is not set. Which could explain why you can't copy.
Anyways you need to set region of your drive and post new log file before proceeding further.
I have provided steps which need to be done in order to set region code.

Right mouse clcik in the task bar fox and click "exit" (NOTE: you can not change the drive region if AnyDVD is "latched" to it)

1. Click start. Right click on "My computer"--->select "properties".
2. Click on the 'Hardware' tab--->click the 'device manager' button.
3. Open the dvd/cdrom branch---> right click on your optical drive
4. Click "properties".
5. You should see a "Region" tab at the top. Open that and from there you can select a region.
6. Select the region that matches YOUR COUNTRY and save that. Exit the setting panel.
7. Start Anydvd

Thor Trail effort #2

Here is the next Effort after setting the dvd burner to a region 1. Niether DvdShrink or CloneDVD2 works.

Attachments

320.4 KB · Views: 59
Thor

I am having the same problem with Thor. AnyDVD HD says it's trying to "repair defective structure" and goes to 99% of repairing then errors out. Here is my log file

Attachments

331.9 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
Is THOR unrippable??

Hello, just curious if anyone knows if there is a fix to get Thor backed up?? I would like to make a copy but it stops at 99% on anydvd ....I saw a few other people have listed the logfile in the anydvd 6.8.5.8 post but no solution posted. Thanks for any help with this....

Likely not a protection

At 99% it's not likely a protection but simply bad data and one of the threads shows a PS10 error which means = forget it! The thread is Italian but I suspect this user opened a Support ticket also.

Haven't seen this in a while but it normally results from an invalid block start element on the DVD, to mean a very poorly produced disc.

And what happens when you use "rip video...." on the right mouse anydvd tray icon menu?

@Frank

Had a look at my Thor disc;quality is really poor lines all over bottom, not good.i think theres a bad batch of disks! Damn you cheap bastards :(

sean

The right click on anydvd....

That is where it is getting to the 99% and says clone map and errors out. It takes forever trying to "repair defective structure" and at 99% stops. The disc seems fine, does not look cheap in any way.

Still, not a protection

Can I see the log from AnyDVD for this?

a) Ensure Anydvd is running.
b) Put that original disc in your optical drive/reader. Wait for Anydvd to scan the disc.
c) Right click the little red fox icon in the lower right system tray and select "Create Logfile"
e) Wait for Anydvd to create a log file, a pop-up screen will appear.
Take note of the location where Anydvd created the logfile and the logfile's name. Click "ok".
g) Go to your My Documents folder and there you will see a zip file called
"Anydvd_Info_<DVD TITLE>.zip" (or something similar)

Attach that ZIP file to your reply please.

Sometimes you can't see the error on the disc with the naked eye and at 99% it's very likely a data issue not affecting playing the disc.

This is the file..........

Hope you can help....

Attachments

322.5 KB · Views: 67
Hope this one helps too.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_6.8.5.8_Info_F_THOR.zip
    325.2 KB · Views: 26
My money is on the data

Hope you can help....

We're seeing this also in Support and PS10 normally means a very poorly produced disc and not some diabolical, evil protection. We'll check this out but my money is on the bad disc.

thor cant copy..graphics look awesum tho

6.8.5.8 gets error PS 10 VOBU 4 133878 16 CLONE6???? please suggest..

Post log files.

I also suggest not posting your email address in online forums unless you like receiving lots of spam.

dvd 6.8.5.8

not workin with thor. region 1..
error
PS 10 VOBU3 33878 16 CLONE6:bang:

not workin with thor. region 1..
error
PS 10 VOBU3 33878 16 CLONE6:bang:

Post log files:

a) Ensure Anydvd is running.
b) Put the problematic original movie dvd in your burner. Wait for Anydvd to scan the disc.
c) Right click the red fox icon on your system tray.
d) Select "Create Logfile"
e) Wait for Anydvd to create a log file.
f) A pop-up screen will appear. Take note of the location where Anydvd created the logfile and the logfile's name. Click "ok".
g) Windows Explorer will open, and you will see a zip file called "Anydvd_Info_titleofmydisc.zip" (or something similar; see step f)
h) When replying or posting in the Slysoft forums, look for the icon that looks like
attach.gif
(in other words, look for the paperclip after clicking "quote" or when creating a new thread)
i) If you don't see that paperclip icon, click the "go advanced" button. You should see that icon now. Click the paperclip.
j) A small pop-up screen should appear (if it doesn't please ensure your browser is enabled to allow pop-ups from the Slysoft forums)
k) Click the "Browse" button, and locate and select the .zip file you created.
l) click "upload"
m) Close the window. When you submit reply, or submit a new thread, the .zip file will be attached automatically for us to take a look at

I am having the same problem with Thor. AnyDVD HD says it's trying to "repair defective structure" and goes to 99% of repairing then errors out. Here is my log file

There is structural protection so it's unlikely DVD Shrink will work directly from the disc even after this situation is resolved. Nonetheless, the developers will have to take a look at the logs provided.

got one copy working

DrinkLyeAndDie

After several attempts, I got one copy that works, rental store had 16 bad copies there was no problem copying for this one. :rock:

DrinkLyeAndDie

After several attempts, I got one copy that works, rental store had 16 bad copies there was no problem copying for this one. :rock:

Would you please post log files from the disc that did work? This would prove very useful.

Code:
Summary for drive E: (AnyDVD 6.8.5.8)
OPTIARC DVD RW AD-7190S 1.71 2007/10/08 13:11
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1 

Current profile: DVD-ROM
Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 2011824 sectors (3929 MBytes)
Total size: 3933040 sectors (7681 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: THOR
Media is CSS protected!
Media is locked to region(s): 1 4!
Video Standard: NTSC

Found & removed structural copy protection!
Found & removed invalid cell pieces!
Found & removed bogus title set(s)!
Found & removed invalid VOBUs!
RCE protection not found.
UDF filesystem patched!
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Removed CSS copy protection!
Found & removed 2 potential bad sector protections!
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back