• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

[Update to v6.8.5.12 beta or newer] Is THOR unrippable??

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 an 3 version didnt work either

well back to drawing board , clone give me the big oh no to both attemps, saying unknown error to both

Check correct length/title/chapters of your version in WMP.
But maybe title numer differs depending on the re-author app.

title 10

title 10 is the movie using clone dvd 2 but still getting this damn error on clonedvd, i love a puzzle , but this is driving me to drink lol

perfect copy

well thanks to frankk amd his suggestion i have got a perfect copy of thor , but didnt do just like he said , try this , first copy it with the ideal , whole disc to floder , then watch it with media player of you choice and get the title, then using the ideal software again , just save the main movie to another folder and it is playing right now , so junior member , we got this as a team baby!

It's helpful yes, but it is still a "trick" and this should work like any other.

Reports are reaching us that even with the quality and/or other mysteries it is possible to back this up.

- Using CloneDVD be sure you only copy titles 01 and 03.
This *may* be correct for one version of the disc. But there are many Thors out there...

thor

Fab may but not 100% accurately. Their Forum is still full of "no go" posts.

This is being discussed at great lengths in our Forum and forums for other products. Looks like a poorly produced disc.

http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=49496&page=2

http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=49449&page=2

1. Make sure you have the latest AnyDVD beta installed - 6859

http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=49511

2. Make sure when you left click the AnyDVD tray icon that your DVD drive is <NOT> showing "0" for its region.
Set that to your country if so.

3. Reports are reaching us that even with the poor data quality it is possible to back this up.
- Using CloneDVD be sure you only copy titles 01 and 03.

i was able to complete 3 backup copies, but none are viewable.
the clone dvd appears to function normally, but they are not working backups.
should i delselect the preserve menu option?
thanks gene

Folks, just wait until I've a fix ready.

I have merged the majority of the Thor threads into one large thread. This pertains to the Region 1 & Region 4 release. I left the Region 2 thread by itself. Until Slysoft releases an update to address this disc there's not much use rehashing the same material and having a billion separate threads.

Thor

He guys, i'm having trouble making a copy of Thor. I bough it today but it wont let me make a back up copy. Does anybody with the same problem.

I'm surprised it didn't work for you. but make sure you copy the full disc with ideal, then copy title 5 from that folder with clone. it's also possible, as James said, that you dvd is a different version than mine. Mine is bought in Quebec, with a french language track added, not sure if it's the same elsewhere.

Not sure where to post this but here is logfile for the DVD from the Blu-ray+Dvd+Digital Copy combo pack. AnyDVD alone or AnyDVD with CloneDVD gave same error but I used a different program to do this DVD and watching my Movie only copy now with WMC as the Full disc would not play using WMC

The Main Movie in this Dvd version is Video Title 73 with a playing time of 1:54:44

Since AnyDVD was not used I will not post what was used unless a SlySoft team member says I can but I did use a program that needs a decryptor whether free or paid.

Edit: Forgot to mention this the R1 Canadian release

Attachments

• AnyDVD_6.8.5.10_Info_E_THOR.zip
    649 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Not sure where to post this but here is logfile for the DVD from the Blu-ray+Dvd+Digital Copy combo pack. AnyDVD alone or AnyDVD with CloneDVD gave same error but I used a different program to do this DVD and watching my Movie only copy now with WMC as the Full disc would not play using WMC

The Main Movie in this Dvd version is Video Title 73 with a playing time of 1:54:44

Since AnyDVD was not used I will not post what was used unless a SlySoft team member says I can but I did use a program that needs a decryptor whether free or paid.

Edit: Forgot to mention this the R1 Canadian release

Thanks for posting this. Any chance of posting the UPC? Also, does the Digital Copy physically exist on the SD DVD or is it a full download from the internet using iTunes?

Edit: I could have just looked at the logs to see the answer to the second question. Looks like it's on the disc to me.

Last edited:
Thor Movie Only

I've had problems with Thor as well, think it's a structural protection but have made a successful copy of the movie only. Canadian single DVD, UPC 097361439662, select title 10 in Copy DVD Titles using CloneDVD2.

Update to Thor Problem

Well, read all the threads on bad discs and so forth, so decided to check all of mine - most had the 17 bad sectors, but here is one with only 8 - it is the one that comes with the blu-ray. Log file attached

Attachments

• AnyDVD_6.8.5.10_Info_D_THOR.zip
    657.6 KB · Views: 15
Well, read all the threads on bad discs and so forth, so decided to check all of mine - most had the 17 bad sectors, but here is one with only 8 - it is the one that comes with the blu-ray. Log file attached

Thanks for the logs. This looks to be the same disc as AGJ posted logs for. Which Blu-Ray set did you get? Did you buy the 2-disc or 3-disc set and what country is this from? Any chance of you posting the UPC?

The issue with different numbers of bad sectors is beginning to make sense based on which version of the DVD is being scanned.

Thanks for the work on this one

Hi DL&D

I wanted to thank you especially on behalf of the Support team for your diligence on this disaster with its many "faces" of go, no-go, missing logs, fairy tales, etc.

This has not been a pleasant experience and even though the jury is still out I wanted to take a moment to "tip the hat" to you. :clap:

Many regards,

and even though the jury is still out......

Considering that James said it was a protection issue, and considering that (to date) not even one logfile from a working disk has been put into evidence - I don't think there's much going on in that jury room.

Unsequester them and let them go home. :D

-W

Last edited:
Even James has hedged his bets by not coming outright and saying it's definitely a new copy protection and even then not on all discs, so yes the Jury is still out until he confirms and produces a fix.

Considering that James said it was a protection issue, and considering that (to date) not even one logfile from a working disk has been put into evidence - I don't think there's much going on in that jury room.

Unsequester them and let them go home. :D

-W

There are still things to be questioned and answered:

1. The Blu-Ray sets come with a SD DVD that has a different physical size than the standalone single DVD release. So, why is it that there are DVDs of the same exact size showing the same size in MB and sectors yet with a different number of bad sectors? No explanation on that... yet.
  2. Whether people want to believe it or not there are defective discs being sold with respect to this movie release. People are finding discs that have physical anomalies. This information can be found elsewhere. So, regardless of a new protection mechanism there are also badly pressed discs floating around, as well.

It makes sense that the DVD from the single DVD release and the Blu-Ray sets are different. It makes sense that logs may differ due to people not setting the region for their DVD drive. Regardless, that doesn't answer all the questions for me. I don't doubt - at this point - that this may involve a newer evolved protection but that does not answer all my questions.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back