• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

[Update to v6.8.5.12 beta or newer] Is THOR unrippable??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even James has hedged his bets by not coming outright and saying it's definitely a new copy protection and even then not on all discs, so yes the Jury is still out until he confirms and produces a fix.
I think the only thing uncertain (now) is how many versions of the disk exist and do they all have the same or different protections?
And it would be nice if those that scream "bad disks" "defective disks" early in the game, would also hedge thier bets a little - as opposed to making concrete declarative statements.

How many times need it be said that structural protections look as exactly like a bad disk regarding file IO3 read errors?
-W

I never made concrete declarative statements on this, and a quick scan through Franks post also show that he didn't either. And working with the information that was coming out on this site and others it was all pointing to bad discs, especially when you have someone coming back saying they returned it numerous times and eventually got a working copy.

I never made concrete declarative statements on this, and a quick scan through Franks post also show that he didn't either.

I never said you did.
However, suggesting Nero's CD Speed and similar tools to test the disk - presupposes that you either believe the disk has no structural protections, OR you have a lack of understanding as to how structural protections work and why those tools are useless to test a disk suspected of structural issues. Using that test on such a disk is just a way to appear to "prove yourself right" to newbies - by using the wrong tools.

-W

Last edited:
All I did was point out the quoted suggestions from another site and suggest using them to test with, assuming that as they were posted by someone with greater knowledge than myself that these would be relevant.
I have no reason to try and 'prove myself right' to anyone

It has been a known issue for quite awhile with these discs, especially R2, there was a bad production run, ( bad pressing) and either you return the disc or deal with fact that it is not a protection issue. There is no more of an answer than that.;)

if these are deffective discs, then how can ideal dvd copy rip it, but anydvd can't. how come dvdfab can rip it, but anydvd can't. how did I get a good copy of the movie only (believe me or don't, I don't really care) watched it in correct order, and gave it to more than a few friends who watched it last night, in correct order.
title 10 shows playing on your dvd player, but when copied it plays in incorrect order, title 5 ripped with ideal shows in correct order.
calling these deffective discs is avoiding the issue. when the crack comes out, either by James or another company. you'll all see what I mean.

this is likely useless, but here is the logfile from my working copy of the movie only.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_6.8.5.10_Info_E_DVD.zip
    70.2 KB · Views: 5
Am I reading right that your disc comes in at around 2.8GB? That seems very small.

that is correct, it is the title only ripped from a full disc that was already shrunk to 4.5 gig. so title only would be small.

now I have a question to all those who think these are world wide deffective discs...

if the deffective or wrongly stamped discs can be played on a dvd player, but no one can copy them because they are deffective, wouldn't that be what the studios want? wouldn't they wrongly stamp all dvds then?
wouldn't that be the ultimate copy protection? isn't that their goal?

let's be real folks, if these are deffective, then the studios have officially won the copy protection battle.
and all future dvds will be impossible to copy, but I think most of us know better, this is a copy protection that is not cracked yet, plain and obvious.
If they are deffective, then hats of to the studios for making copying impossible from now on.

You would have to check every single thing on the disc. Every extra, subtitle, audio track etc? Only after having checked every one all the way through for defects and finding none could you then say that a defective disc plays properly., and even then you couldn't guarantee that every pressing would come out the same by the very nature of it being a defective pressing. You could get whole swaths that are identical, but not all would come out the same.

ok, I think you are reaching a bit.
how much evidence do you need before you accept the fact this this simply isn't cracked yet?

I'm not reaching at all, just replying to the laughable statements you posted before mine, and if you read it it says nothing about it being this disc, my reply was a generalised statement.
And you might want to go back and read my posts,no where have I stated that this is a definitely a defective disc.

sorry, don't misunderstand me, I'm not directing it at you, more those who insist these discs are all deffective.
there are lots of people posting here, I was in no way singling you out.
sorry for the misunderstanding.

Dear Frankk....

Before you make such global statements about who is able to get this DVD working and who is not, here is a fresh quote from a DVDFab Forum user:

I am using Fab 8.1.1.8 and I can not copy THOR.

and another

Thor ( 2011 ) full disc not working with this beta either

And BTW: their fearless leader has not made any public victory statements on this DVD since this question on 3 September

Is it a single-disc DVD version ...?

Seems to me if he had this fixed for good he'd be proclaiming it.

And I was 100% sure that people who come here with success stories and even showed me the status frame are not on drugs or are lying to me.

The jury is out on this still, there is a lot of fumbling around with and without success and we'll have to wait until the smoke clears. All I know is I ran with the ball based on the feedback I was getting including discolorations, playing issues and the various non-linear "bad" sector data.

Last edited:
Yep another mean strain of encryption for The Mighty Thor, In my opinion if these are bad disc then perhaps it is deliberate on the part of the studios as well. What's the coincidence that AnyDVD clearly displays a host encryption on the THOR DVD and to add to this a rash of bad disc for the same movie are manufactured and distributed by accident? What great fortune on the behalf of the movie studio. Anyway, I backed up a copy no problem full disc to DVD-9 DL with encryption in tow using AnyDVD/HD and Clone CD/DVD. This is a method I have long resorted to for situations like this and it always works until AnyDVD is updated to the latest fix.:agree:

Cool. Now, maybe a log ... ??

Anyway, I backed up a copy no problem full disc to DVD-9 DL with encryption in tow using AnyDVD/HD and Clone CD/DVD.

Can we see the log from this? If DVD9 is the solution then it's a very interesting twist indeed. Thanks.

Anyway, I backed up a copy no problem full disc to DVD-9 DL with encryption in tow using AnyDVD/HD and CloneCD.

Can you post a logfile? That's more success than most have had.

-W

Scratch that my dup does not play beyond the previews and menu screeen. Press play and the disc starts 60minutes or so into the movie 1st with pixelation (not real word yet). Then resumes play? Anyway, Lets get going on a fix SlySoft (please). Confidence deflated.

Yep another mean strain of encryption for The Mighty Thor, In my opinion if these are bad disc then perhaps it is deliberate on the part of the studios as well. What's the coincidence that AnyDVD clearly displays a host encryption on the THOR DVD and to add to this a rash of bad disc for the same movie are manufactured and distributed by accident? What great fortune on the behalf of the movie studio. Anyway, I backed up a copy no problem full disc to DVD-9 DL with encryption in tow using AnyDVD/HD and Clone CD/DVD. This is a method I have long resorted to for situations like this and it always works until AnyDVD is updated to the latest fix.:agree:

Not surprising

Scratch that my dup does not play beyond the previews and menu screeen. Press play and the disc starts 60minutes or so into the movie 1st with pixelation (not real word yet). Then resumes play? Anyway, Lets get going on a fix SlySoft (please). Confidence deflated.

Yes, the Forums for other products trying this report similar things too.

Thanks anyway.

if you read my posts, and there have been many, I said I got a movie only version using ideal dvd copy, not fab.
fab will rip it, but the chapters are out of order.
please actually read before dumping on people.
the fact is that a movie only is possible using various methods. so far no crack for the full disc working. that's what we are waiting for. I'm only trying to show that the discs don't seem to be deffective, just copy protected.!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back