• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

[Update to v6.8.5.12 beta or newer] Is THOR unrippable??

Status
Not open for further replies.
How come the instructions on how to post a logfile are burried deep in a sticky - that's burried in even more stickies?

-W

Problem with Thor

The disc is brand new and looks pristine. I have attached the logs of the Windows 7 puter

these on xp with AnyDVD 6.8.5.9

CloneDVD2

File 1 G:/VIDEO_TS/VTS_03_1.VOB 30 TCSectorReader

G:/VIDEO_TS/VTS_03_1.VOB:read error

any DVD

FileIO 3 VTS_03_1.VOB 6651904 655360
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Windows 7 with AnyDVD 6.8.5.0

status

Summary for drive E: (AnyDVD 6.8.5.0)
TSSTCORP CDDVDW SH-S223L SB04 1214
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Current profile: DVD-ROM
Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 1832384 sectors (3578 MBytes)
Total size: 3650912 sectors (7130 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: THOR
Media is CSS protected!
Media is locked to region(s): 1 4!
Video Standard: NTSC

Removing annoying menu and intro/outro clips!
Removed 12 annoying menu clips!
Removing annoying title clips shorter than 2 minute(s)!
Removed 7 annoying title clips!
Found & removed structural copy protection!
Found & removed invalid cell pieces!
Found & removed bogus title set(s)!
Found & removed invalid VOBUs!
RCE protection not found.
UDF filesystem patched!
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Removed CSS copy protection!
Found & removed 100 potential bad sector protections!
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

cloneDVD2
scanning it gets to 14%

then CloneDVD has tried to repair defective DVD structure
it gets to 0%

titles go from 2 to 94

error message
Creation of DVD files was not successful
unexpected error

Attachments

• log.txt
    9.9 KB · Views: 2
  • AnyDVD_6.8.5.0_Info_E_THOR.zip
    444 KB · Views: 5
Yours has 20 bad sector protections, so I'd still have to go with bad disc. The good working discs appear to have only 2 and others on here seem to have 17 so 20 would flag it as even worse than the others

It's not buried inside other stickies, it's number 6 on the 'Have problems...' sticky. Makes sense where it is as he gets you to try some trouble shooting stuff first before posting up a logfile. If people were to read the trouble shooting stickies before posting they'd find this.

Last edited:
there are many titles, so far it looks like title 2 is in the correct order. this is just like Transformers 2 was and that was not a deffective disc either.

but dvdfab copies it
there are many titles, so far it looks like title 2 is in the correct order. this is just like Transformers 2 was and that was not a deffective disc either.

not true

Fab may but not 100% accurately. Their Forum is still full of "no go" posts.

This is being discussed at great lengths in our Forum and forums for other products. Looks like a poorly produced disc.

http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=49496&page=2

http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=49449&page=2

1. Make sure you have the latest AnyDVD beta installed - 6859

http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=49511

2. Make sure when you left click the AnyDVD tray icon that your DVD drive is <NOT> showing "0" for its region.
Set that to your country if so.

3. Reports are reaching us that even with the poor data quality it is possible to back this up.
- Using CloneDVD be sure you only copy titles 01 and 03.

And if you look on their forum it doesn't copy it properly, it's just a workaround they found for the bad discs. Even on their site they are saying these are bad discs
Also no one answered how big it rips to when ripped to the harddrive

Reports are reaching us that it is possible to back this up.
- Using CloneDVD be sure you only copy titles 01 and 03.

thor

I have it ripped down to my hard drive and when I clicked on properties it say's the folder is 18.2 GB. I also Choose file three and made a movie only back-up with dvd shrink. Haven't had a chance to watch yet but it looked to be the correct version for running length.

Last edited:
I had to use a different ripper than anydvd to get it ripped down to the hard drive. but here is a screen grab in clone for you. on file 2 the movie is not complete, and file 14, 11, 13, 7, and 5 the credits start rolling around 1 hour 10 minutes. File 3 has the only working copy. also take a look at the compression it says 4% for a dvd5. hope this helps.

2yz0l4z.jpg
[/IMG]

I'm waiting for James to weigh in on this one.
My gut tells me two different things are at work here.
-W

If it's ripping at 18GB then it's not ripping properly

It could be because the ones that are bad pressings are showing as having extra bad sectors that don't really exist

Look at the log files. Every single one of the non working discs has exactly 17.

That's always possible, but there are definitely a lot of bad copies of this film out there as well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back