• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Speed Menu

Is there any way to determine which titles use ScreenPass, so the customer can determine whether unprotected copies should be avoided?
If you read around, most people at Slysoft seem to recommend you always rip as protected ISO and always have AnyDVD HD running in the background. That having been said I suspect the only ones it doesn't work with on unprotected ISO's are going to be the ones that don't work properly with protected ISO's either (the ones they haven't had a chance to fix yet)
and that once they are fixed it should work with or without a protected ISO

Am I the only one who won't use the Speed Menu feature because of the SlySoft/AnyDVD logos?
No you're not. I like the feature but would also like it if they put the Slysoft logo etc down at th e bottom left or right of the screen where it's less obtrusive

Last edited:
I understand that now. But if you have Speed Menus for regular DVDs, you can skip right to the movie and not watch the copy protection, which you can't skip on most movies.
Thank You.

:rock:

Also it will get round the problem with OPPO BR players which have just dropped the .iso playability function - pressure from studios ! But do play BDMV with the speed menu.....

Also it will get round the problem with OPPO BR players which have just dropped the .iso playability function - pressure from studios ! But do play BDMV with the speed menu.....

Could you elaborate? They don't play BDMV without speed menus?

Could you elaborate? They don't play BDMV without speed menus?

They are shown as seperate files - can be played individually but not " as a continuous film " The speed menu solves the problem
Same with DVD's - you get all the individual files in TS but cannot play continuos film since they dropped .iso.

They are shown as seperate files - can be played individually but not " as a continuous film " The speed menu solves the problem
Same with DVD's - you get all the individual files in TS but cannot play continuos film since they dropped .iso.
This still doesn't explain what the problem is or how it happens. If Oppos can't read ISOs anymore, AFAIK the only way left to use full menus is to burn the ISO to an appropriate-sized writable disc; that should not require Speedmenu. :confused:

This still doesn't explain what the problem is or how it happens. If Oppos can't read ISOs anymore, AFAIK the only way left to use full menus is to burn the ISO to an appropriate-sized writable disc; that should not require Speedmenu. :confused:

The whole point is to remove disc requirement - ideally to be copied to attached Hard Disk.

If Oppos can't read ISOs anymore, AFAIK the only way left to use full menus is to burn the ISO to an appropriate-sized writable disc; that should not require Speedmenu. :confused:

Only the most recent January and March 2012 firmware removed the ability to play ISO, however an Oppo 93/95 with any recent firmware should be able to play a BDMV folder or AVCHD\BDMV folder as if it was an original disc: this functionality has not been flagged for removal at this stage, unlike ISO. IIRC, only much earlier firmware did not enable BDMV or AVCHD\BDMV playback and only permitted playback of the standalone M2TS files.

Some users report occasional glitches with BDMV and AVCHD\BDMV compared with ISO, but it is unknown yet why that is the case.

ISO still remains the best container for non-BD disc playback with Oppo 93/95, which is why it is so important to hang onto that functionality.

AnyDVD HD improves ISO playability by removing the DRM and some Java "trickiness". As I understand it, Speed Menu improves this further by removing additional Java navigation "trickiness" by the studios. This should also work with BDMV and AVCHD\BDMV as long as these structures are recognised by the Oppo player.

If you rip the ISO without the keep protection checkbox checked, and with speed menus on, then they will be embedded in your ISO. Rip with it off or use the keep protection checkbox.

More than 9 titles?

It appears that speedmenus only lets you access the first 9 titles on the disc. Is there a way to get to number 10+ ?

It appears that speedmenus only lets you access the first 9 titles on the disc. Is there a way to get to number 10+ ?

Yeah is there a way to see past 9 items?

There are discs that have more than 10 items on them. How do you access the items past 9?

I'm confused. So does this mean that the Oppo's allow you to plug in an external USB hard drive and access the video files individually? I don't think my Samsung or LG will do that. But for this to work, the DVD or BD would still have to be backed up to the hard drive with protections removed, right?

@Roycal
Yes, protection(s) would have to be removed.
With the appropriate firmware, you may playback an .ISO (either DVD or BD) on an OPPO 93 or 95 from a USB and/or eSATA HD.

For BD's you rip to a USB / eSATA HD as an ISO (with protections removed) with speedmenu enabled or not.

If you have the newer firmware (ISO support removed) you have to use the BDMV {AVCHD\BDMV} method for BD's or the mkv method for DVD's.

I have not tried the BDMV method with speedmenu enabled for BD's (yet).

This maybe common knowledge, but for me it wasn't.

With SpeedMenu enabled, I backed up a BD to ISO and also to files. I also extracted the iso to files using WinRar. In all cases the SpeedMenu was preserved and functioned without any flaw.

Regards.

That's because of Anydvd's MFR (magic file replacement), it replaces the original menu on the fly with it's own created one but in the case of a rip physically replaces it :)

Won't do what across a network? If AnyDVD can see your mounted drive or physical disc then the speed menu's will also work

@Roycal
Yes, protection(s) would have to be removed.
With the appropriate firmware, you may playback an .ISO (either DVD or BD) on an OPPO 93 or 95 from a USB and/or eSATA HD.

For BD's you rip to a USB / eSATA HD as an ISO (with protections removed) with speedmenu enabled or not.

If you have the newer firmware (ISO support removed) you have to use the BDMV {AVCHD\BDMV} method for BD's or the mkv method for DVD's.

I have not tried the BDMV method with speedmenu enabled for BD's (yet).

Gary, Thanks for the reply. Using the latest Oppo firmware, is there limitations on the size or formatting of the USB/eSATA HDD drive you can plug into the Oppo 93/95? e.g. will a 2 TB drive work with 50 or so HD BDMV formatted movies? Do the menus work? Does the Oppo player have a compliant eSATA connector or is it an adapter to USB? TIA ;)

Last edited:
@Roycal - This maybe going a little off-topic, so MOD's please give me a little latitude.
The portable HD limit is 2TB / NTFS. Full menu's work with BDMV method. Player has 2 USB and 1 eSATA, RS232 and LAN.
You can use a 4 port hub to connect 4 - 2TB USB volumes. See AVS post #16920 http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?p=21465301#post21465301, a Belkin Travel USB 2.0 Hub (F4U006-RED). There is a 16TB solution as well http://ain.mediasonic.ca/store/product_info.php?cPath=72&products_id=258
I am not hawking any of these products.
Your best bet is to join the AVS OPPO 93 forum. http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1291855, and http://watershade.net/wmcclain/BDP-93-faq.html.

The OPPO cannot 'see' network volumes, you can only stream videos with a DLNA (twonky or servio (my spelling my be off)), no menu support.
You can PM me, but please visit the AVS 93 forum first.
Kind regards to all, didn't mean to stray OT.

Last edited:
anydvd isn't designed to work with files. It's designed to work with DISCS inside DRIVES. Take an encrypted iso and anydvd won't do a thing to it. Mount that same iso in a virtual drive and enable anydvd for that same virtual drive and the iso will get decrypted.

Back