• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Speed Menu

Cool!! :cool:

I didn't try ripping it that way. (i.e. rip the protected image "with" SpeedMenus ON).

Thanks

I would recommend ripping with speed menus off. The idea is that the protected iso is unchanged. Then if you want to do something else, you do it with the virgin ripped iso loaded in VCD and AnyDVD decoding/updating it. Then save any changes (ie protection removal, speed menus added) to a different folder if you want to burn a copy that will play in a standalone ;)

Last edited:
There's no need to turn off speed menu's when ripping to protected ISO as AnyDVD ignores all settings when saying yes to that option

There's no need to turn off speed menu's when ripping to protected ISO as AnyDVD ignores all settings when saying yes to that option

Thanks for clarifying that. I thought that "unprotected" implied no changes to the original image but wasn't sure.

SpeedMenu is disabled and greyed out

I have a lifetime license, am I excluded from speedmenus?

I have a lifetime license, am I excluded from speedmenus?

No. License doesn't determine whether you can have speed menus, setting the option in the AnyDVD HD settings window does.

Well, one part of your license does matter whether you can have the BD speed menus or not, if you have the HD license. If you have only a license for AnyDVD which won't allow for decrypting of Bluray discs, then you won't have speed menus. The length of your license doesn't matter, lifetime or not.

Last edited:
Do you lose the extra features when you use the Speedmenu feature? Thanks in advance.

No, they just show up as extra titles in the list, but why not just try it?

There is just disable the speed menu and your copy will run and function just like the original. But this has to be done before you backup the BD itself. So start over again but this time disable the speed menu and the BD media you burn back to a blank BD media will act and work just like the original. That is the only fix I found so far I will go back and play the BD copy I created with speed menu to see if it works but I doubt it will play or work properly. So I just created a BD-R coaster and a expensive one at that...won't make that mistake twice...

I don't backup my movies, I only use it on the fly for restrictions removal - thus, the original menu is on the disc. I just wanted to know if it's possible to add "revert to original menu" option on the new speed menu, or the only way would be to eject the disc, change the settings, and re-read the disc ?

No need to eject the disc, just go in and change the setting in AnyDVD and it'll automatically rescan the disc anyway

I'm still interested in making speed menus work with a standalone player and hearing from others who are doing that. A sticky tutorial thread would be nice. :)

TUTORIAL FOR MAKING SPEEDMENUS WORK WITH A STANDALONE PLAYER

Step 1: activate speedmenus in AnyDVD
Step 2: make a copy and play that with a standalone player

;)

;)

Oh wow, sooooo complicated. I don't think it is possible to do all that, so many steps. ;)

Peer, didn't you forget:

Step 3: Enjoy

:D

;)

Ok, I got that part. But what's the difference between "simple, sexy and advanced"? I just see replies "just try it". But I only burn BD-R's and don't have a PC graphics card that is BD compatible to try the iso's first.
Otherwise, I guess I will have to breakdown and buy some BD-RE's for trial and error experiments.

Anyway, it would be nice to hear at least a brief description of what those 3 options produce. Excuse me if it's been answered in another post, but haven't seen it. Regards :)

Ok, I got that part. But what's the difference between "simple, sexy and advanced"? I just see replies "just try it". But I only burn BD-R's and don't have a PC graphics card that is BD compatible to try the iso's first.

You can get an HDMI graphics card for almost the price of a Blu-ray disc.
I really do think that may be worth the investment.

Thanks, Peer. I'll take that on good advice regarding learning the speed menu's affects. i.e. experiment with it on a BD compatible computer first before burning BD-R's.

I'm using a laptop and no way to change the graphics card/chipset. I do have an older PC I could re-build but it needs new everything including the power supply. Probably cheaper to buy a new one :)

Reading other threads, it is becoming clear that Speed Menu does not work properly on unprotected copies.

Can anyone explain the ramifications of attempting to process an unprotected copy with Speed Menu activated?

Standalone players seem to have no problem in playing unprotected copies and navigating to the correct playlist, so why would Speed Menu have issues effectively doing the same sort of thing?

Speedmenu doesnt work with unprotected backups because certain info it needs to determine the correct playlists for the speed menu is lost when its unprotected. You need to activate speedmenu's on the original disc or via a protected (iso) backup to have it working. If you then create a (new) backup, the backup will have speedmenu active immediately

Speedmenu doesnt work with unprotected backups because certain info it needs to determine the correct playlists for the speed menu is lost when its unprotected.

In that case, I can't wait until AnyDVD HD has an option to save a copy of the original information and toggle Speed Menu between original and Simple at will.

It already does, you make a protected ISO and then mount that and change the setting in AnyDVD depending on how you want to play it

It already does, you make a protected ISO and then mount that and change the setting in AnyDVD depending on how you want to play it

That's how I understand it too. If you have the original disc image without speed menu's (protected or not), you can mount it with VCD and AnyDVDHD running and toggle the speed menus from there.

As I further understand it, if you have speed menus enabled and create a new backup (unprotected) iso image or files, then the speed menu's are embedded onto the backup copy. Correct me if I'm wrong. But I make sure that speed menus are not enabled on the initial HDD backup for fear that they will be embedded into the original rip and unable to undo. ;)

Edit: This is a nice option free of charge with a current license so I'm not expecting the world. Thanks, for everything, Slysoft, especially the decryption. No one does it better!

Last edited:
Back