• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Speed Menu

Speedmenu doesnt work with unprotected backups because certain info it needs to determine the correct playlists for the speed menu is lost when its unprotected. You need to activate speedmenu's on the original disc or via a protected (iso) backup to have it working. If you then create a (new) backup, the backup will have speedmenu active immediately

This is only true for a handful of discs with the rare ScreenPass protection and not even all of them.

Other than that, Speedmenu works just fine with unprotected backups.

This is only true for a handful of discs with the rare ScreenPass protection and not even all of them.

Will Slysoft be removing ScreenPass protection in future versions so that Speed Menu can work on all unprotected copies?

Speaking of ScreenPass, how does it manage to befuddle AnyDVD HD and not standalone players?

Will Slysoft be removing ScreenPass protection in future versions so that Speed Menu can work on all unprotected copies?

Unknown.

Speaking of ScreenPass, how does it manage to befuddle AnyDVD HD and not standalone players?

It doesn't.
It befuddles discs that have the protection removed. On any player - including standalone players.

Will Speed Menus ever be added to include DVD .iso's?

I've gotten so used to watching my Blu-ray's that way I played a DVD .iso file & it was actually painful wading thru the coming soon trailers & so forth to get to the actual play menu.

Last edited:

I assume you're referring specifically to the bogus-playlist component of Screen Pass? (It's actually two words per the Sony DADC website.) Speedmenu alone should defeat the BD-J protection app even when AnyDVD HD proper doesn't; the app can't possibly launch when Speedmenu blocks all BD-J code on the disc. :p

Will Speed Menus ever be added to include DVD .iso's?

I've gotten so used to watching my Blu-ray's that way I played a DVD .iso file & it was actually painful wading thru the coming soon trailers & so forth to get to the actual play menu.

Doesn't the DVD section already have the 'remove annoying' section, just make sure you've ticked those options and you should go straight to the main menu

Doesn't the DVD section already have the 'remove annoying' section, just make sure you've ticked those options and you should go straight to the main menu

I do have those ticked but I have DVD .iso's so it still plays the trailers.

That may work if you put the physical DVD in the player. It doesn't work for DVD .iso's

That may work if you put the physical DVD in the player. It doesn't work for DVD .iso's

More than likely those trailers are regular streams that you can deselect if you were using CloneDVD to create your backups. The annoying menu removal feature works just fine when there are trailers and other unwanted video such as copy warnings imbedded in the menu structure.

You do realize that playing as a mounted ISO should be the same as playing an original disc?

Here is a question I am surprised nobody has asked yet: will it ever be possible for the end-user to create their own background images?

First off, big kudos to the SlySoft for making the Speed Menu available. This is an excellent addition and great help when playing back movies. A big thank you for making this available!!

That said, I would like to disable it for disks that contain multiple episodes (TV series). There I found it rather difficult to figure out the correct sequence of the episodes in the Speed Menu, as they do not necessarily show up in a logical order.

So I am looking for an easy way to enable/disable the menu on the fly, e.g. with something like a script that I could start with my remote control/keyboard command (I am not using a mouse in my HT setup). Is something like this already available or could it be implemented?

Thanks!

More than likely those trailers are regular streams that you can deselect if you were using CloneDVD to create your backups. The annoying menu removal feature works just fine when there are trailers and other unwanted video such as copy warnings imbedded in the menu structure.
Huh?

What do you think "Remove annoying titles shorter than ..." is good for?

How about checking under Video DVD :) the top 3 options

Thanks, it works. Don't create ISOs to see if it works, just change the settings and PLAY the DVD/Blu-Ray DVD in the PC drive to see if your settings work. Why take the time to create ISOs?

Thanks, it works. Don't create ISOs to see if it works, just change the settings and PLAY the DVD/Blu-Ray DVD in the PC drive to see if your settings work. Why take the time to create ISOs?

The HTPC software uses .ios format.

I have tried playing in .iso format & it plays DVDs fine it just doesn't use the speedmenu.

If speedmenu will work with Blu-ray .iso's wouldn't it be easy to get it to work with DVD .iso's?

Huh?

What do you think "Remove annoying titles shorter than ..." is good for?

I do know what that particular setting is for, for me personally there just is not enough control over what is removed or retained. I've tried it with various time settings, and not all the annoying streams were removed with some settings, and at other times streams were removed that I didn't want removed such as special features of small time length because of a different time setting. I've just found it easier, on a DVD by DVD basis, to just remove any unwanted streams such as trailers by deselecting them in CloneDVD manually.

Since I watch my DVDs via backups as ISOs or on DVD+Rs I prefer having a finer control of what is removed and what is retained.

Is there any way to determine which titles use ScreenPass, so the customer can determine whether unprotected copies should be avoided?

The HTPC software uses .ios format.

I have tried playing in .iso format & it plays DVDs fine it just doesn't use the speedmenu.

If speedmenu will work with Blu-ray .iso's wouldn't it be easy to get it to work with DVD .iso's?
That's because on DVD's there's no need for the speed menu as you can just jump straight to the main menu whereas on Blu-ray's you can't always do that due to the java system. On Blu-ray's you need an alternate way of playing as it's not always possible to just jump to the main menu due to the way the Java menu structure works so you're still forced to watch through the previews etc. Speed menu bypasses that and gives you a quick set of playlists without all that crap. I don't know if James will put it in for DVD's but I see no real point for it as you can already just jump straight to the main menu on DVD's.

Back