• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Speed Menu

Thanks for the Speed Menu feature! I was impressed that it even works with Pixar titles, which branch video files together (so they can render certain scenes differently for different languages).

I don't know if anyone has suggested this yet, but would it be possible to do some kind of community menu feature? I'm thinking something like CDDB but for BDs. Instead of seeing meaningless info like Track 2, Track 3, etc. for the special features and unlabeled audio tracks, volunteers could fill in that info, and then AnyDVD HD would connect to a database of these menus and load the one that matches the disc.

Here is my report back it didn't work well when I used speed menu and when I disabled it the BD that it created worked like the original. I thought it would help but in my instance it recreated the menu but didn't work properly.

Here is my report back it didn't work well when I used speed menu and when I disabled it the BD that it created worked like the original. I thought it would help but in my instance it recreated the menu but didn't work properly.

What do you mean "it didn't work properly". So you're using speed menus on the fly with a protected image or disk with AnyDVD running? Interested in exactly what you're doing.

Last edited:
Still not clear on the capablilities of the "speed menus" option.

My question is: If you rip to video (no protections) and recreate a BD compatible iso image (i.e. same files and file structure from the 'rip to video' step, but may have been re-encoded to compress video), can you use that iso image with VCD and AnyDVD to add the speed menu options later to create a new iso with speed menus installed? Or is it that "speed menus" only works with the original or unprotected image?

Unfortunately I'm one of those less fortunate ones who don't have a BD compatible PC, so am unable to test BD images without burning them.

TIA ;)

Last edited:
The answer is yes, but you could have tested this by yourself too.

The answer is yes, but you could have tested this by yourself too.

Sorry for misunderstanding the answer, but 'yes' to what?

I will reduce it to one question. Can you add the speed menus later with a new unprotectd iso using VCD and AnyDVD?
Trying to avoid chucking disks by trial and error. Thanks for your patience. ;)

"It" didn't work well...., "didn't work properly"...

Sorry, you're leaving us all completely in the dark.
What didn't work well, using what player (any at all?), using which AnyDVD version? What's the problem?

Thanks and Suggestions

Thanks for this great new feature. Love it.

Three suggestions for future versions:
1. In the Settings panel, allow an option to choose with each movie whether to use Speed Menu or not. With most movies I want it, but I find some movies I know I want the original movie. This would just make handling that a little easier.
2. On the Speed Menu, allow for selecting the Audio and Subtitle track.
3. Having the possibility of some sort of preview of the video tracks would be the icing on the cake.

Congrats on this new feature - huge! :)

I will reduce it to one question. Can you add the speed menus later with a new unprotectd iso using VCD and AnyDVD?
Trying to avoid chucking disks by trial and error. Thanks for your patience. ;)

Yes is still the answer, and my suggesting trying it yourself is still valid.

Yes is still the answer, and my suggesting trying it yourself is still valid.

Thanks very much for the reply! I was hoping that was the question that got the 'yes' answer. I.E. you can add the speed menus later with the unprotected iso with VCD and AnyDVD. I will try it soon myself and am now confident it will work. Thanks again.
:rock:

Speed Menus are great, thanks a lot for adding it to AnyDVD !

Is it technically possible to add "Revert To Original Menu" option within the new Speed Menu ? I find it's harder to navigate Special Features using the Speed Menu...

(The only way I know how to work around it is to open AnyDVD, unclick the setting and re launch the player software)

What do you mean "it didn't work properly". So you're using speed menus on the fly with a protected image or disk with AnyDVD running? Interested in exactly what you're doing.

The actual menu that the speed menu created didn't work or play for me but if I disabled anydvd HD and just rip the BD media to iso and burned it back with Imgburn. This process played the BD just like it was the original BD media would play. It was that the menus created with the speed process didn't work or clicking on any of the buttons didn't get to the movie or even start the movie.

Speed Menus are great, thanks a lot for adding it to AnyDVD !

Is it technically possible to add "Revert To Original Menu" option within the new Speed Menu ? I find it's harder to navigate Special Features using the Speed Menu...

(The only way I know how to work around it is to open AnyDVD, unclick the setting and re launch the player software)

There is just disable the speed menu and your copy will run and function just like the original. But this has to be done before you backup the BD itself. So start over again but this time disable the speed menu and the BD media you burn back to a blank BD media will act and work just like the original. That is the only fix I found so far I will go back and play the BD copy I created with speed menu to see if it works but I doubt it will play or work properly. So I just created a BD-R coaster and a expensive one at that...won't make that mistake twice...

The actual menu that the speed menu created didn't work or play for me but if I disabled anydvd HD and just rip the BD media to iso and burned it back with Imgburn. This process played the BD just like it was the original BD media would play. It was that the menus created with the speed process didn't work or clicking on any of the buttons didn't get to the movie or even start the movie.

Ok, I'll ask again:

1. which version of AnyDVD did you use to create the speedmenus?
  2. on what type of player are you having these problems?
  3. You're talking about "clicking" the buttons - that sounds like you're using a software player on a PC? (Which one?)
    But if you're doing that, then I don't see the point in copying the disc first and burning a disc to test this, that's ridiculous.
    Just have AnyDVD running with the original disc: does your software player play it?
  4. If clicking doesn't work: can you select the buttons with the arrow keys (or remote control)?
Please try to give us at least a little information.

Ok, I'll ask again:

1. which version of AnyDVD did you use to create the speedmenus?
  2. on what type of player are you having these problems?
  3. You're talking about "clicking" the buttons - that sounds like you're using a software player on a PC? (Which one?)
    But if you're doing that, then I don't see the point in copying the disc first and burning a disc to test this, that's ridiculous.
    Just have AnyDVD running with the original disc: does your software player play it?
  4. If clicking doesn't work: can you select the buttons with the arrow keys (or remote control)?
Please try to give us at least a little information.

It was 7.0.0.0. On my lite on 212 BD-R burner. No I was backing it up to get rid of any protection so I can run it on any BD stand alone player. I used WindDVD 2012 BD software to play the original and backup BD media. I know the second copy with speed menu disabled from advanced seleciton to disable completely the menu and functionality of it ran just like the original BD media itself. It was when I used advanced speed menu setup that it gave me a totally different menu screen but when you try to click on play the movie it wouldn't do anything. I was able to play the original and backup without speed menu disabled as though it was the original movie correctly.

It was 7.0.0.0. On my lite on 212 BD-R burner. No I was backing it up to get rid of any protection so I can run it on any BD stand alone player. I used WindDVD 2012 BD software to play the original and backup BD media. I know the second copy with speed menu disabled from advanced seleciton to disable completely the menu and functionality of it ran just like the original BD media itself. It was when I used advanced speed menu setup that it gave me a totally different menu screen but when you try to click on play the movie it wouldn't do anything. I was able to play the original and backup without speed menu disabled as though it was the original movie correctly.

I keep having to repeat myself, please there were a few more things I asked you, they are important:

1. Just have AnyDVD running with the original disc: does your software player play it? (in other words: DON'T copy, just have AnyDVD active with Speedmenus enabled and use WinDVD to play the ORIGINAL).
  2. If clicking doesn't work: can you select the buttons with the arrow keys (or remote control)?
...and an AnyDVD log file made with the original disc might also be helpful.

Sure. You rip the disc keeping the protection. Then during playback you set AnyDVD the way you want.

Hi,

I've had some time to rip a few ISO's from a couple of BD Movies.

I rip it with SpeedMenus OFF, then mount it using VCD with SpeedMenus ON and it seems to work great (Using TMT5 for playback).

The only problem I have with ripping that way is that to do this on a regular basis, I can easily see myself forgetting to turn SpeedMenus OFF before ripping the next ISO (I rip on the same machine that I use to watch my movies). Unless you know of a way around having to keep manually turning SpeedMenus ON and OFF, I guess I would recommend a feature that allows you to disable SpeedMenus temporarily while your ripping the disk. Kind of like a checkbox next the "Keep Protection" checkbox on the ISO rip screen. Maybe labeled "Disable SpeedMenus".

Regards

Hi,

I've had some time to rip a few ISO's from a couple of BD Movies.

I rip it with SpeedMenus OFF, then mount it using VCD with SpeedMenus ON and it seems to work great (Using TMT5 for playback).

The only problem I have with ripping that way is that to do this on a regular basis, I can easily see myself forgetting to turn SpeedMenus OFF before ripping the next ISO (I rip on the same machine that I use to watch my movies). Unless you know of a way around having to keep manually turning SpeedMenus ON and OFF, I guess I would recommend a feature that allows you to disable SpeedMenus temporarily while your ripping the disk. Kind of like a checkbox next the "Keep Protection" checkbox on the ISO rip screen. Maybe labeled "Disable SpeedMenus".

Regards
Just rip protected images. They will be completely "native", and you can change all AnyDVD settings for playback to your liking.

Just rip protected images. They will be completely "native", and you can change all AnyDVD settings for playback to your liking.

Cool!! :cool:

I didn't try ripping it that way. (i.e. rip the protected image "with" SpeedMenus ON).

Thanks

The only thing I would recommend when saving protected images is to make sure that AnyDVD can decode it and no problems in the status window and your local database is up to date with the disk.

I don't save protected images because of the risk that it may not work down the road for some reason (e.g. different computer without the updates etc). That's why I was glad to learn that you don't need the protected iso to enable speed menus.

I'm still interested in making speed menus work with a standalone player and hearing from others who are doing that. A sticky tutorial thread would be nice. :)

Back