• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

SlySoft Closed :-(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since this went down so fast, with the disclaimer, unlike shutdowns of Demonoid, Pirate Bay etc. that I believe Slysoft is done and Elby is useless. They won't be back in their current form. Doesn't matter where the servers are.

Seems apparent that some kind of business decision was made either with a gov't or motion picture industry to end it. Good point about the forums tho. Don't think it was a forced shutdown, since 1 backup is allowed in US and lawyers could use that if needed.

The technology is there, let's hope somebody (ex-employee??) resurrects it in some form or another. IMO this will happen in due time. It's less than a week, whatever is next is gonna take time.

Some ex-employee should release the full source code and the last build with no protection along with the whole online database included in the package and usable on torrent sites.
At least they would allow people to be able to decrypt all the discs supported so far.

Some ex-employee should release the full source code and the last build with no protection along with the whole online database included in the package and usable on torrent sites.
At least they would allow people to be able to decrypt all the discs supported so far.

Slysoft may have secured those things, knowing this was coming. I hope the programmers get together and use their knowledge to come up with something else, close to but not same as AnyDVD HD. Thinking that's our best hope cos they wrote the program. BTW, thanks Slysoft for many years of use. You were by far the best ever at what you did. You will be missed.

Some ex-employee
That could be me. :sneaky:
should release the full source code and the last build with no protection along with the whole online database included in the package and usable on torrent sites.
I actually was thinking about pulling that stunt. But what good would it make in the long term? New discs would come out, rendering existing AnyDVD useless, as the "Powers, That Be" can easily find vulnerabilities, with the source code disclosed.

I tried to clone bd with passkey dvdfab not working :cry:

[traduction for english google translate]
Surprising. Has passkey CloneBD "blacklisted"?

I actually was thinking about pulling that stunt. But what good would it make in the long term? New discs would come out, rendering existing AnyDVD useless, as the "Powers, That Be" can easily find vulnerabilities, with the source code disclosed.
I once had the crazy idea to port AnyDVD to Debian (raspbian).

People have talked about backing up/transferring the cache, but I'm curious if it would be possible for the community to pool them together so everyone could benefit from a much as the OPD as possible, at least until some enterprising ex-employee finds a way to get the OPD out there. Or is it somehow tied to a license?

Releasing the full source code would be overkill, but somebody surreptitiously issuing a final build (AnyDVD HD 8.0, maybe) incorporating the full online database would, I think, be very welcome by former customers. This would at least leave the software fully functional for the many thousands of discs released to date. That's hardly nothing.

Hey James and Pete....anything you and your team can do down the road??

Many jobs any "improvements" or such like made or developed while working for an employer belong to the employer, but if they no longer exist........??

Hay james, have not tested but if the aacs does not change when you put a newer lionsgate movie in it it should make an iso image? If thats the case Im assuming you can still use process monitor method to find the target mpls to extract movie to your hard drive to keep streaming through-out your home. I know without the OPD you guys can no longer fix incorrect called mpls files for users. This might be able to get maybe one more year out of the last version of anydvdhd.

I guess people should start posting screen pass playlists for movies now because we are on our own. Post it in the screenpass sticky third party forums as long as the forum remains up..... When I see new disks Ill post them to the forum under the sticky. I can cover canada disks. Need some to pitch in for american disks. Just ideas to keep it going.

Some thoughts...

1) My source tells me the copyright extension they won from the WTO ended, and that's what led to the shutdown.

2) Conspiracy theory - SlySoft's servers are still running. I wonder if an 'unexpected' hack could take place? ;)

3) Seems to me you can always make ISO's, keeping protection, then mount and decrypt them with the next solution.

4) Long-standing rumor/suspicion has it that MakeMKV copied from DVDFab, and that DVDFab copied from AnyDVD, so this takes everyone out of the game (but leaves positions available for the dev's).

5) It was a fun ride while it lasted.... Thanks SlySoft!

Interesting the DVDFab feels the need to announce AACS 2.0 will not be supported...hmmmm...coincidence??? LOL

http://www.myce.com/news/dvdfab-we-...ircumvent-aacs-2-0-in-the-days-to-come-78698/

DVDFab Announces No AACS 2.0 Decryption to Crack the Next-Gen 4K UHD Blu-rays

BEIJING — On February 25, 2016, Fengtao Software, the industry leader specializing in DVD, Blu-ray and video backup solutions,announced that the company will not crack or circumvent the next version Advanced Access Content System (publicly known as AACS), which will be used to protect the new Ultra HD (4K UHD) Blu-ray releases. Move on for the detailed story.

The New Standard The BDA, short for the Blu-ray Disc Association, revealed in 2015 the next-generation Blu-ray standard, the Ultra HD Blu-ray Disc. The new 4K Blu-ray format features a resolution of 3840 x 2160, and supports high dynamic range (HDR), higher frame rates (up to 60 frames per second), as well as object-based immersive sound, such as Dolby Atmos and DTS:X. As to the encoding, the video will be encoded under the High Efficiency Video Coding (HEVC) standard, aka H.265, and use 10-bit color depth and the Rec. 2020 color space. Next, Samsung Corporation, the South Korean consumer electronics giant, introduced world’s first Ultra HD Blu-ray player during the IFA 2015. It is believed that other companies will follow suit 1Q 2016. And according to Amazon and some large Brick and Mortar stores, there are already several UHD Blu-ray titles on sale now in some locations, including The Martian, Kingsman: The Secret Service, and Exodus: Gods and Kings with more anticipated in March.

The Next Version of AACS Copy Protection Accompanying those newly released Ultra HD Blu-ray titles is the version 2.0 of Advanced Access Content System. According to a document called AACS 2.0 Draft, the new copy protection requires the Ultra HD Blu-ray players to support two AACS 2.0 functionalities, one named “basic” and the other referred as “enhanced”. Furthermore, the Enhanced AACS 2.0 requires an internet connection upon the first playback of a specific Ultra HD Blu-ray disc. As to the reason, it is said that the live internet connection is a must to retrieve a key which is stored on the device. The document also indicates that HDCP 2.2 is required in order to fully support 4K content, and Ultra HD Blu-ray players will also come up with a new feature called Trusted Execution Environment where authenticated code can be executed, which is said to be an enhanced version of BD+.

DVDFab Will Not Support Decryption of AACS 2.0 Although the debate as to whether or not it is legal to make backups of purchased commercial movie discs for personal home use has raged on for decades, the fact is that the decrypting of the copy protection never stops ever since the DVD age, and it’s not likely to stop in the foreseeable future. Now here comes the question: will there be a solution to crack AACS 2.0? Likely, there will be, publicly or secretly. However, Fengtao Software Inc. makes it clear that the company will not decrypt or circumvent AACS 2.0 in the days to come. This is in accordance with AACS-LA, (which has not made public the specifications for AACS 2.0), the BDA and the movie studios. Regarding Ultra HD support, DVDFab will concentrate development efforts on providing support for editing 4K/UHD content.

This depends on the disc / protection.
Blu-Ray AACS: AnyDVD contains data for roughly 130000 discs, these will continue to work. Discs not included in AnyDVD will need the OPD. OPD results will be cached locally, if you copy the cache, you can move it to another PC.
Blu-Ray BD+, 20th Century Fox: Recent discs (1-2 years?) need OPD. Older titles work. OPD results will be cached locally, if you copy the cache, you can move it to another PC.

So, the obvious question. I know where the DVD keys are stored locally, but where is this "cached local" copy of the OPD responses?

People have talked about backing up/transferring the cache, but I'm curious if it would be possible for the community to pool them together so everyone could benefit from a much as the OPD as possible, at least until some enterprising ex-employee finds a way to get the OPD out there. Or is it somehow tied to a license?

Releasing the full source code would be overkill, but somebody surreptitiously issuing a final build (AnyDVD HD 8.0, maybe) incorporating the full online database would, I think, be very welcome by former customers. This would at least leave the software fully functional for the many thousands of discs released to date. That's hardly nothing.

Yeah. Indeed. At least a full unrestricted with no copy protection final build of the last version of AnyDVD HD along with the copy of the whole online database included and fully working would allow everyone to use and decrypt all the supported discs. Although new discs won't be supported at least everyone could decrypt the supported ones.

Hay james, have not tested but if the aacs does not change when you put a newer lionsgate movie in it it should make an iso image? If thats the case Im assuming you can still use process monitor method to find the target mpls to extract movie to your hard drive to keep streaming through-out your home. I know without the OPD you guys can no longer fix incorrect called mpls files for users. This might be able to get maybe one more year out of the last version of anydvdhd.

I guess people should start posting screen pass playlists for movies now because we are on our own. Post it in the screenpass sticky third party forums as long as the forum remains up..... When I see new disks Ill post them to the forum under the sticky. I can cover canada disks. Need some to pitch in for american disks. Just ideas to keep it going.

I'm sure the first one will be the final Hunger Games flick. Any help from general1 will be most appreciated.

So, the obvious question. I know where the DVD keys are stored locally, but where is this "cached local" copy of the OPD responses?
Nevermind - I found them - so, I think we can start exchanging these files? No?

Keep the internet free - this is classic over-reach pushed almost certainly by special interests and the threat of big money. It really is a shame - your software worked so damn well. Thanks for your efforts. Sorry for your shutdown and the gag order as well.

I hope someone picks up the torch because I don't want to switch to buying digital media only from now on, the quality difference is massive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back