• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

SlySoft Closed :-(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom

Redfox Team Member
Staff member
Hi all,

We were not allowed to respond to any request nor to post any statement, but now it is official:

SlySoft has been shut down after almost 13 years. The official statement on the website (http://www.slysoft.com/ or http://h4.slysoft.com/) is kind of short:

"Due to recent regulatory requirements we have had to cease all activities relating to SlySoft Inc.
We wish to thank our loyal customers/clients for their patronage over the years. "

I am really sorry for that, but this is final. SlySoft is gone...

Thanks to all our customers and supporters for their loyalty.

Goodbye red fox...

Last edited:
Das wars Freunde, die Überwachungsgesellschaft hat gewonnen!!! Es lebe "Big Brother is watching you"!!!

What a sad day. I came to see if there were any rumors regarding UHD Blu-ray support and I see this instead, hopefully the Slysoft guys can pull through.

AnyDVD HD has been a huge boon over the years and the lifetime subscription is probably one of the single best purchases I've made. I own close to 500 Blu-rays and ironically for the studios, without Slysoft that number would have been much closer to 0, because I just wouldn't have bothered if the only option was to deal with the horribly overpriced, bugged, locked-down piece of crap PowerDVD.

I guess it might be time to say goodbye to the little red fox in the system tray. Thanks, it's been great.

Thanks Mr. Bettini for being such a wimpy moneybag !

I regret you that, but you are wrong. SlySoft is under massive pressure since 2007. From Websheriff over Irdeto, US department of Justice to AACS-LA. He resisted for many years. More than anybody else. So please, be fair.

Should the Sly little Red Fox ever resurrect in some way, count me in for life!
Thanks for the great effort making this masterpiece available.

I regret you that, but you are wrong. SlySoft is under massive pressure since 2007. From Websheriff over Irdeto, US department of Justice to AACS-LA. He resisted for many years. More than anybody else. So please, be fair.
To be honest i can't judge what's at stake for him (also regarding his other business segments), but i can't see what else he did all the years above sitting it out. No risk, no plan B, straight business.
I believe when you say he resisted more than anybody else, but in my book that's still not enough ...maybe i'm a dreamer.

Well shit that sucks.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Wtf....... So my software is not going to work anymore?

Guess I'm going to have to insert my original blurays in my drive to watch..... I guess we're good with process monitor and the last version on anydvdhd.until movie company releases a new protection for standard blurays then were all screwed. Just means screen pass will make anydvdhd useless as any movie will be scrambled even though the protection is removed. So you will have to do it the other way to get the correct mpls to put movie on the drive. I'm keeping powerdvd 14 not updated and keeping win7. I don't think accessing their database will affect removing the protection even though they are shut down. I'm sure some other wiz kid will come out with another way. Look at Napster, piratebay, and others. What perfect timing to kill Slysoft with the new release of uhd protection. They are trying to keep 4k protected from being defeated. Been a slice guys and was a great place to hang out. Guess I'll have to find a new home. I wish the owner all the best as I read the news on what's going on and hope he does not get prision for this.

It would be nice if the source code for the slysoft products could be put out as open source. The movie studios and government cant stop it then if the software becomes open source. If slysoft never has any plan to ever sell these products again, why not put out a torrent on the torrent sites with the source code for the products and let the open source community start to put out updates and new releases???

I am sorry to see slysoft shut down but I also know that you have provided exccellent software over the years thank you all that made slysoft so great you will all be sadly missed.

This is very sad day :-(

Thanks for the excellent product and friendly support over the years.

I don't know if you can write anything, probably not, but anyway I will ask: Please can I refer you to the thread

> https://forum.slysoft.com/threads/if-slysoft-went-out-of-business.60312/#post-389055

Where James wrote:

> IF we went out of business (we won't), we would release an AnyDVD version, which won't require the online database, so all existing discs at this time would continue to work.

So I want to ask: Is this the situation for 7.6.9?

Good luck to everybody from Slysoft. I was only ever taking care for all my own bought disks with this software.

Aren't they located on Antigua or some Independant Island?? Don't see how US gov't could be all of a sudden, I mean without any type of warning, shut them down. Hope somebody picks up where these guys left off.

Great so what is next will they go after Passkey from DVDfab now?

Hi SlySoft I'm really sorry. Your software was always worth the money. You made our lives easier and gave us the ability to get the most out of the movies we purchased. I'm sure there will be a replacement in future from somewhere, but it'll never be as good as you guys. Thank you all.

Aren't they located on Antigua or some Independant Island?? Don't see how US gov't could be all of a sudden, I mean without any type of warning, shut them down. Hope somebody picks up where these guys left off.
Like anything never say never...but now for those that bought it now have to wait to see..
Hi SlySoft I'm really sorry. Your software was always worth the money. You made our lives easier and gave us the ability to get the most out of the movies we purchased. I'm sure there will be a replacement in future from somewhere, but it'll never be as good as you guys. Thank you all.
Problem here is DVDFab Passkey located in China might cowtow to US MPIAA laws and close it down too. Now I might go and buy a LTL of DVDFab Passkey just to keep around...and others might do well to do this as well..Has anyone confirm Passkey works in CloneBD??

Last edited:
IF they shut down dvdfab passkey it would become ancient fast as with Anydvd without an internet connection to the Bluray keys it would become usless quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back