• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

SlySoft Closed :-(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whatever they could make an "internal copy" of latest AnyDVD build with the online database included and no protection or with a key that doesn't expire and unlocks it forever "appear" on the 'net thru torrent sites. It would be just that easy.
Including full source code in the pack would be a good gift too.

Quote "OPD results will be cached locally, if you copy the cache, you can move it to another PC"

So you are saying, for each disk you have, put it in the drive, let AnyDVD look at it and write to its local cache, take it out, do the next one, and so on and so on. Unfortunately all my disks are in another country right now, so that's a bit bleak for me unless this key server stays up quite a few weeks, but at least that may be a solution for many people, at the cost of a weekend if you've got hundreds (like me).

Yes, that's exactly what he's saying... And I just did that and backed up the cache server.

But, from my understanding, the entire AACS database up to Feb 15th is either built-in to the latest version of the program, or the program can simply decrypt all versions of AACS up to that date (and maybe even a few weeks later). So AACS only titles (up to now) aren't an issue, they will always work. When the next version of AACS comes out, AnyDVD will likely not work with those discs, ever.

BD+ seems to pretty much only be used by Fox, and the database for those titles up to about a year ago or so are in the program. So any new Fox titles you own (say, back to 2014 just to be safe), but those in your computer (with your computer setup to talk to their servers), and let it do a decryption. It should say 'using online database', but it copies that info into the cache folder (if you eject the disc, and put it back in it should now say 'using local database'). Don't ever loose your cache folder... :)

Java protected discs/Screenpass/PlayList obfuscated discs older than about a year are built into the program (seems to be mostly Lionsgate). Newer ones (up to now) apparently need the online server, and do not download the data to decrypt them. If you have any of these, rip them now as you won't be able to when the servers truly go offline.

So, for AACS we have the entire database already. BD+ and Screenpass we have the database up to about a year ago.

This is all basically paraphrasing what James wrote a few pages back...

It's disappointing though that my posting in 2014 anticipated exactly this situation, and James made in reply a promise (to the whole userbase) that hasn't been kept.

He never directly promised, I would call it more of a speculation. He can't foresee *all* contingencies; I would never have guessed that SlySoft would be forced into a legally binding agreement, which seems to be what has happened (which is *my* speculation, given that SlySoft isn't giving any details, which is usually the case when there's some kind of legally binding agreement). James signature even states, "My responses tend to represent myself only".

James, you wrote;

I'm not sure how well Passkey will evolve, if there is no more AnyDVD .... "to look at". :sneaky:

Does your statement imply 'Passkey' refers to the AnyDVD database or some aspect of the application?

DVDFab has a history of not releasing updates to discs with new protections until *after* SlySoft releases theirs. Nothing has ever been concretely proven, but there's signs that they might look to AnyDVD for "help". Of course they wouldn't have access to anything more than any user would.

DVDFab has a history of not releasing updates to discs with new protections until *after* SlySoft releases theirs. Nothing has ever been concretely proven, but there's signs that they might look to AnyDVD for "help". Of course they wouldn't have access to anything more than any user would.

Uh oh... I hope that just because SlySoft can no longer update its database that doesn't mean DVDFab is less capable of updating theirs.... that would suck if they don't have the ability without AnyDVD....

I tried to clone bd with passkey dvdfab not working :cry:

[traduction for english google translate]

So reading this thread has taught me a lot about what AnyDVD is actually doing. So only DVDs, with CSS that has been permanently compromised, are really "solved". For BDs, AnyDVD requires an online database to assist in its decryption efforts, due to various countermeasures taken by the studios, like playlist obfuscation and BD+. In addition, new processing keys are needed to keep up with AACS revisions. There is someone very smart (James?) who, up until now, maintained this database and managed the processing keys. So even if the source to AnyDVD were to make it into the wild, or someone coded up a new implementation of AnyDVD, without the OPD or a functionally similar solution, new discs would (probably) defeat decryption attempts. At best, we could get decryption functioning with discs released up until now, or a small window into the future.

This is clearly quite discouraging, and I think, a harbinger of things to come. I used to think we were 20 years away from the end of optical media, but now I think we are 5-8 years away at most. Blu-ray sales at retail are way down in the US. If/when Netflix decides to get out of the disc business, I think that will rapidly accelerate the decline of discs. Enthusiasts will keep BD alive for a few more years, but that will be the end of physical media. After nearly 30 years of being a home theater hobbyist, that's a very sad outcome.

Java protected discs/Screenpass/PlayList obfuscated discs older than about a year are built into the program (seems to be mostly Lionsgate). Newer ones (up to now) apparently need the online server, and do not download the data to decrypt them. If you have any of these, rip them now as you won't be able to when the servers truly go offline.
Ah I'd missed that point thanks
He never directly promised, I would call it more of a speculation. He can't foresee *all* contingencies; I would never have guessed that SlySoft would be forced into a legally binding agreement, which seems to be what has happened (which is *my* speculation, given that SlySoft isn't giving any details, which is usually the case when there's some kind of legally binding agreement). James signature even states, "My responses tend to represent myself only".
Oh Puh-lease, read what I asked and what he wrote, relying on the sig disclaimer and suchlike is just ducking and diving. I was really relying on that answer because I was pretty sure that this day would come sometime. Still, obviously and sadly this is just water under the bridge now so I won't dispute it further.

I have a few questions:

What is the relationship between Elby and Slyfoft? Same staff, same dev ? Seems fishy to me..
On wiki it says https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SlySoft (SlySoft (Redirected from Elaborate Bytes) just saying..)
In earlier years, all their servers were placed in Switzerland. After that, they moved to Antigua, because Switzerland adopted a more stringent legislation.

www.elby.ch was/is the homepage to get SlySoft's actual and official products.

I just "liked" sub0ptimal's post but thought I would add: "owning" any kind of media - books, films, music - in the sense that a 20th century guy like me is accustomed to, and feels is his right, well - it's over isn't it - I think the writing is on the wall.
Pretty soon I won't even own my life any more, because that will be owned by facebook and its predictive algorithms, and copy-protected to boot...

It could well be the case that after a short period of time, after the next MK of AACS, Blu Ray Disk sales may well take a dive.

I see people talking about backing up your cache. Maybe I missed it in this thread, but how do you back up the cache? I am on a Win7 Pro system. Thanks.

I have a disc that won't copy without the OPD and it's called Spectre Region 1 Bluray. Seems I might be out for the count before the next AACS comes around already. lol

I have a disc that won't copy without the OPD and it's called Spectre Region 1 Bluray. Seems I might be out for the count before the next AACS comes around already. lol
Spectre = Fox = BD+

In earlier years, all their servers were placed in Switzerland. After that, they moved to Antigua, because Switzerland adopted a more stringent legislation.

www.elby.ch was/is the homepage to get SlySoft's actual and official products.
This is plain wrong.

Since this went down so fast, with the disclaimer, unlike shutdowns of Demonoid, Pirate Bay etc. that I believe Slysoft is done and Elby is useless. They won't be back in their current form. Doesn't matter where the servers are.

Seems apparent that some kind of business decision was made either with a gov't or motion picture industry to end it. Good point about the forums tho. Don't think it was a forced shutdown, since 1 backup is allowed in US and lawyers could use that if needed.

The technology is there, let's hope somebody (ex-employee??) resurrects it in some form or another. IMO this will happen in due time. It's less than a week, whatever is next is gonna take time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back