SlySoft Closed :-(

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Tom, Feb 24, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Higher Bid

The Higher Bid Active Member

James, please get in touch, I would like to have an offline chat.

2. Ch3vr0n

Ch3vr0n Translator NL & Mod

First there's difference between the OPD and the customer database. I've got faith that slysoft would sooner destroy the customer database than let it get in the hands of the MPAA,aacs-la or some other country.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

eviltester likes this.
  3. ron spencer

ron spencer Well-Known Member

OK..who has physical access to the servers and assets? Was it just cease and desist order? Seems murky to me.

4. ron spencer

Was slysoft ordered to stop or was this a business decision?

5. ocd

ocd Well-Known Member

James, does the traffic between AnyDVD and OPD identify the user or indicate the user key? Or would a VPN protect from future...uncertainty?

6. Clams

Clams Well-Known Member

Speaking as someone high on the postings list;
    I'm currently speechless, and have been for a couple days.
    -W

7. The Higher Bid

The Higher Bid Active Member

Never lose hope. I am planning to make an offer of survival, and only wish I could get in touch with the key people.

8. ashlar

ashlar Well-Known Member

As a licensed for life customer of AnyDVDHD I'm sad to see this happening. I hope something will be done to grant access to the current OPD in the event servers go down (which I'd guess it's a metter of when rather than if).

9. gereral1

gereral1 Well-Known Member

Let's take a look at power DVD. During playback it has to call each m2ts somewhere during live playback. Leave whatever protection on the but intercept each decycpred video file while watching the movie. Then use tsmuxer to join the sequence. Hmmmmmmm

10. rik1138

rik1138 Well-Known Member

I was playing with the cache folder last night, here's what I discovered:

There's one .dt1 file per disc. The file name is a 12-character hex code, that I suspect is the AACS encryption signature, but I haven't been able to verify that. Makes sense though as it's a unique number on every disc, but I don't know if it's a number that can be read from the disc... Could just be a checksum of sorts based on number of files/file sizes on the disc.

These files are only created for discs with BD+ (Didn't test ScreenPass discs though)

These files are _ALWAYS_ created for any disc inserted that has BD+

AnyDVD will _ALWAYS_ try to contact the online server, and will use the information from the online server, no matter how old the disc is.

If it can't connect to OPD, it will then use it's internal database (if the disc is present), and it will still create the .dt1 file.

I tested this by deleting the cache, unplugging my computer from the internet, inserting a Fox BD+ disc from 2007/2008 and it tried to connect to the OPD, couldn't find it, still created the dt1 file and decrypted the disc. Deleted the cache again, connected the internet, inserted the same disc again, and it used the 'online database', but created the same .dt1 file.

So we could technically accumulate a collection of .dt1 files for every BD+ disc out there, but we really only need them for discs made since about 2014 or so... (I guess, I haven't tried a really recent disc yet.)

I don't have any ScreenPass discs to experiment with, so I'm not sure if those generate these files or not. But it sounds like they don't get cached.

11. gereral1

Another I noticed when mpls cashed the disk called multipule mpls files but a filter set on m2ts revealed a steady sequence of each correct clip being decoded and played in REAL time. all we need to do is find the temp directory as the movie plays to pull out each desrambled file. I'll have to look into this. I don't want to goto jail so IVE got to be careful on this. I always say when using olley the weakest point of a program is when it calls for a pop-up box to enter a reg key. Let powerdvd do its magic and intercept at the first clip. In theory this should work and bypass aacs and any other protection. The legit disk with legit player will give you the correct key.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2016
  12. Tom

Tom Redfox Team Member Staff Member

This thread has way too much off topic posts. Thank you for messing it up...

SamuriHL likes this.
  13. Wonky General

Wonky General New Member

If Slysoft aren't going to resurrect, I hope that they (or someone else...) will release a key for AnyDVD. I was planning to buy that (once decided license length + if want any other s/w of theirs)... but then Slysoft go under :(

14. gereral1

If I come up with a solution I'll post it. Off topic so let's continue.....

Oh Slysoft is gone gone gone. At least I got my money's worth :)

15. Tom

Please don't take it personally, you just had the misfortune of last post.

16. gereral1

17. ron spencer

No not really, people are commiserating and trying to figure out what to do...there are many unanswered questions, especially about the OPD.....and who controls the assets.

18. Wildrat

Wildrat Well-Known Member

Never thought this day would come. Another reason to dislike government and big business. I've been a lifetime member for nearly as long as Slysoft has been around. I really hope on the third day there is a resurrection and after forty an ascension!

19. Tom

So feel free to open a new thread. Thanks.

20. ron spencer

So what is this thread supposed to be about? Perhaps lock it if you feel you need to.

StPatty33 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.