• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

RTX 3000 series

You better make damn sure they're identical (sku and thus brand, frequency, cas latency...) cause even with an identical sku you'd still be mixing 2 memory kits which has an inherit risk of your system not booting due to memory incompatibilities (not saying it will, there's a chance). A better approach is to replace all existing modules in a system with a single kit of the desired module count & size
the 2nd is exactly the same ram from the same manufacturer

I have been building computers for over 25 years. Each motherboard has a (QVL List) It's a qualified vendors list for RAM that is compatible with your motherboard. I have sworn by that list for every build I have ever done. I have never been disappointed.

Good decision! Though as myself you then also now what i said above (by mixing kits) and well a QVL isn't a finite list. New ram comes out all the time and the QVL is rarely updated. It's just a list of which ones have been tested, and ya can't test them all :D. Even untested ram often works just fine (hell, my own system is proof of that)

The thing about the kits is they come from the same production run. You can't guarantee that memory with the exact same specs will perform the same. Memory issues are one of the hardest things to diagnose when things go wrong. Second only to power problems.

The thing about the kits is they come from the same production run. You can't guarantee that memory with the exact same specs will perform the same. Memory issues are one of the hardest things to diagnose when things go wrong. Second only to power problems.

precisely. Just because they're the same SKU, doesn't mean they'll play nice together. Modules sold in a kit are tested and known to "play nice" with each other". When you mix kits, the modules in each kit have been tested, but not with their performance of the modules from the 2nd kit.

While we're on the RAM topic ... is it possible without trouble to install one 2-piece kit of ram and install the same on a later date (because of budget reasons) for doubling the amount?
Or are those 2-piece kits only meant to work alone?

Faaaaantastic rig, Dave. :bowdown: BTW- your CloneBD screen and fps rate: I assume this is working from SSD to SSD, right? From disc to SSD would we much slower.

Faaaaantastic rig, Dave. :bowdown: BTW- your CloneBD screen and fps rate: I assume this is working from SSD to SSD, right? From disc to SSD would we much slower.
yes, much slower between 90 - 100fps, the limiting factor here is the read speed of the drive

yes, much slower between 90 - 100fps, the limiting factor here is the read speed of the drive

I actually get about 300 going from HD to SSD. But that is probably also usually when I am just converting to MKV lossless and their is no transcoding.

I'm running something right now, "only main movie" to BD ISO with LG NS60 and it was running at a peak of 119 fps:confused:

Unfortunately, after the PC conversion, I only have a 5.25", I still have a UBK211 and an Asus drive, I have to convert it and see which drive is the fastest

While we're on the RAM topic ... is it possible without trouble to install one 2-piece kit of ram and install the same on a later date (because of budget reasons) for doubling the amount?
Or are those 2-piece kits only meant to work alone?
Yes, you can install more RAM at any time, just make sure its the same RAM.

Okay, everyone is posting their new builds, I guess I will post one I just finished for a friend, I introduce you to " SNOW WHITE"
All White Custom build.jpg GPU Asus.jpg 12,900k rig 1.jpg whiote build.jpeg

Attachments

• Front close up.jpg
    Front close up.jpg
    212.4 KB · Views: 4
  • side view.jpg
    side view.jpg
    223.3 KB · Views: 5
  • All White Custom build 5.mp4
    578.7 KB · Views: 7

I found it searching some of the same verbiage it uses but it's a different brand. Probably all made by the same company sold under different names but it looks the exact same. Thanks again.

One question, where did you mount it?

EDIT - Is it just on your drive cage? It looks that way, that's something I could do as well.

That looks nice ... in case I wanted this next to my screen ... how long are available cables?

Back