• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

RTX 3000 series

a ca. 1m USB C cable is included, I just took the header so everything stays in the case

That looks nice ... in case I wanted this next to my screen ... how long are the available cables?
Although those are visually pleasing the numbers are absolutely unreliable. The only way you can get reliable numbers from a computer aux program is to have it access the Basic input/output system ( BIOS), in order to do that you would have given the aux device access to your password to bypass the BIOS lock. I only know of one program that can do this with any amount of accuracy and that is the Solar Winds Monitoring program, or maybe AIDA64 but I doubt these programs can access AIDA 64 with any accuracy. I started building computers in the late stages of the 1990s, and still do it today.

So there are devices, that can read hardware information without the need of an OS and Software to feed it?
I can't seem to find any...

So there are devices, that can read hardware information without the need of an OS and Software to feed it?
I can't seem to find any...
Yes, years ago, there used to be cheap temp monitoring tools that were cool to look at, but they highly unreliable. Like the ones that you stuck in a 5:25" bay and had leads that were stuck to the CPU by tape. LOL. The only real honest way to get an accurate reading on your computer's monitoring temps is by looking in the BIOS. That said, software tools like AIDA64 are pretty accurate ( within 10 degrees + or-. Or like I mentioned Solar Winds software which does bypass the BIOS locks.

Although those are visually pleasing the numbers are absolutely unreliable. The only way you can get reliable numbers from a computer aux program is to have it access the Basic input/output system ( BIOS), in order to do that you would have given the aux device access to your password to bypass the BIOS lock. I only know of one program that can do this with any amount of accuracy and that is the Solar Winds Monitoring program, or maybe AIDA64 but I doubt these programs can access AIDA 64 with any accuracy. I started building computers in the late stages of the 1990s, and still do it today.

That's not entirely true. SolarWinds (NPM) generally works via WMI, SNMP or sometimes a locally installed client. It does not have direct access to the BIOS nor do I think is that needed at this juncture of the game.

And while monitors such as this used to have their own leads and whatnot for temp I believe this one works via software so the little display is nothing more than a display. A piece of software runs on your machine to give it information.

The whole thing costs like $40 on Amazon.

That's not entirely true. SolarWinds (NPM) generally works via WMI, SNMP or sometimes a locally installed client. It does not have direct access to the BIOS nor do I think is that needed at this juncture of the game.

And while monitors such as this used to have their own leads and whatnot for temp I believe this one works via software so the little display is nothing more than a display. A piece of software runs on your machine to give it information.

The whole thing costs like $40 on Amazon.
And even though I do not have one, I cant believe they are even close to accurate. Just my thoughts.;)

Reactions: DQ
I'll just stick with my G15 Keyboard, at least I can see CPU and RAM utilization anytime ;)

Reactions: DQ
I'll just stick with my G15 Keyboard, at least I can see CPU and RAM utilization anytime ;)

It's really just a novelty either way. But they can be fun. I really might get the little display just to see. If nothing else it will look cool but if it works I can keep an eye on things with a glance.

IMG_20210926_223457.jpg
Okay, everyone is posting their new builds, I guess I will post one I just finished for a friend, I introduce you to " SNOW WHITE"
View attachment 65379 View attachment 65380 View attachment 65381 View attachment 65382
Today I put a system monitor in the case

View attachment 65404

My build was going to be white but I figured where I am putting it it will reflect on my 85" tv.
Luckily I was right because even with blue lighting I could see it which is why I put in Stealth mode that I call "Knight Rider".

I had a screen I was going to do the same thing with. It was going to sit on the front ling piece of Acrylic but I broke it.
I haven't had a chance to purchase a new one yet.

Back