• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

RTX 3000 series

Right model, wrong brand, wrong location

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Resurrecting this thread from the dead. :p My HTPC died last summer and I just didn't have the funds with my old job to fix it. But I got a new job at the start of the year and decided that for my b-day this year I wanted to rebuild the damn thing from scratch. Got a meshify2 case, arctic liquid freeze 280mm AIO, AMD 5900X (this is insane....not owned an AMD machine in MANY, MANY years), 32 gigs PC3600 DDR4 ram, 980 Pro pci4 nvme 1tb, and a nice ROG gaming board to put it all on. The idea was to take my old 2070 and throw it in there. I did that. It gave my new machine the EXACT same problems as my old one. Son of a! This is the 3rd RMA, 4th card for the 2070. While I did RMA it, I'm done playing with that thing. I have had enough of the nonsense "supply chain issues" that they're using as cover for being greedy w***es. I bought an ASUS ROG full system from Best Buy and stripped out the ASUS TUF 3080 from it. The rest of the machine will be used as parts to upgrade my old HTPC which will go in my bedroom. But I will say, the ASUS TUF 3080 is a monster. And performance is ungodly. While I was not amused to spend to much money, I am VERY pleased with the outcome. That machine is unreal. And steam happens to be loading all my games up as we speak. :D

This gets unreal. Buying a whole desktop PC to just pick the graphics card for the inflated price reasons.

BTW - I have sworn not to build a PC on AMD anymore since I had so many issues. I will stay stubborn.

If that was the ONLY part I was reusing then yea that'd be insane. But I'm also going to rebuild my old machine and use it for my bedroom. I'm upgrading to a new LG G2 77" OLED later this year and the C8 I have now will move to the bedroom. Having a nice machine in there for movies and stuff will be nice. Otherwise, yea, I would not have bought a whole machine just to tear out a video card alone. I'll be reusing everything but the physical hard drive. Who does that anymore. LMAO

I will also build a new one this year. I'll keep you posted. But you will call it a best-bang-for-the-buck PC as I'm not doing games.

Great! Until now I only knew about you "recycled hardware" sold to a forum member.

I have an EVGA 3080Ti but I got it for free from a company I built a computer for and they canceled the Electronics show, so this computer didn't go into the booth at the show, they let me keep it because I had done a few for free in the past. So I got very lucky. Sometimes it pays off being a nice guy.:)

Yea that's a pretty sweet machine you got there. I did this mostly for video, as well but given that it rivals any console out there I threw steam on it and reloaded all my games. They look absolutely stunning on the OLED.

just built this a few months ago.
I call it Knight Rider. :)
128gbs 3600mhx CL16 Trident Z
FTW 3080ti
5950x
Dark Power 1500 watt PS
Liquid Freezer II 360mm AIO with 3 of the new Phanteks T30 fans
9 Lian Li AL120mm fans - Intake
4 NbeLoop whisper 140mm exhaust fans
WDSN850 1 & 2 tb NVME's with Sabrent Rocket Heatsinks
Asus Dark Hero MOBO

IMG_20211115_055328.jpg IMG_20211115_054740.jpg IMG_20210926_223351.jpg IMG_20220222_222313.jpg IMG_20210912_195333.jpg IMG_20210912_195311.jpg I

Last edited:
now my new one is ready, today I have an Azza case and a be quiet! PurLoop 240 water cooling added
It now consists of:
I9 11900K 3.5GHz Turbo 5.2GHz 32GB Ram
Samsung M2 NVMe SSD 2TB 970evoPlus
Samsung M2 NVMe SSD 1TB 970evoPlus
Samsung M2 NVMe SSD 500GB 970evoPlus (Win11 Enterprise)
NVIDIA RTX 3070
be quiet! water cooling
Azza Onyx 260x

Transfer rate is 2.17GB/s
UHD/BD ISO editing with CloneBD in mp4 or MKV takes 2 min at many fps

Screenshot 2022-04-25 130759.png

Screenshot 2022-05-15 152331.png

20220514_132301.jpg

20220514_153052.jpg

I did something else for the air flow and the optics, tomorrow a second 32GB RAM will be added

I did something else for the air flow and the optics, tomorrow a second 32GB RAM will be added

You better make damn sure they're identical (sku and thus brand, frequency, cas latency...) cause even with an identical sku you'd still be mixing 2 memory kits which has an inherit risk of your system not booting due to memory incompatibilities (not saying it will, there's a chance). A better approach is to replace all existing modules in a system with a single kit of the desired module count & size

I always buy a single kit (single, dual, or quad sticks). Never try to match them later. It MIGHT work if you're very lucky but having matched sticks up front is the way to go.

Back