• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

[Resolved: Use Clonedvd 2.9.1.10 beta] You Don't Mess with the Zohan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea read the title and you'll see it say " You Don't Mess with the Zohan: Use AnyDVD 6.4.7.3 beta (do main movie only) ".

You Don't Mess with Zohan

Still crashing with AnyDVD 6.4.7.3 and CloneDVD2 2..9.1.9

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_D_YOU_DONT_MESS_WITH_THE_ZOHAN.zip
    301.2 KB · Views: 6
Still crashing with AnyDVD 6.4.7.3 and CloneDVD2 2..9.1.9

What does the subject of the thread say?

Do a main movie only ("dvd-5") backup. A full disc backup ("dvd-5") crashes Clonedvd.

Also . . .

Drive (Hardware) Region: 0 (not set!)

i. Right click the fox on your toolbar. Exit Anydvd
ii. Click start. Right click on "My computer"--->select "properties".
iii.Click on the 'Hardware' tab--->click the 'device manager' button.
iv. Open the dvd/cdrom branch---> right click on your optical drive
v. Click "properties".
vi. You should have a region tab. From there you can select a region.
vii. Select the region that you're in
viii. Start Anydvd

Last edited:
follow up...

Hi, I have read all of the replies on this thread and I just wanted to ask a question...hope I don't sound too stupid...I know that we can do just a movie back up of this, but do you think that it will eventually get to where we will be able to do a full back up of the entire disc?...thank you for your time...

OF COURSE you will.... they have the disk on the way to HQ already.

-W

Hi, I have read all of the replies on this thread and I just wanted to ask a question...hope I don't sound too stupid...I know that we can do just a movie back up of this, but do you think that it will eventually get to where we will be able to do a full back up of the entire disc?...thank you for your time...

Yeah . . . especially considering most other programs besides Clonedvd can import the Anydvd rip produced by "rip video disk to harddisk" in Anydvd and compress a full disc without crashing.

And James from Slysoft will definitely be looking into this issue once he has the dvd.

Last edited:
Zohan

My clonedvd software keeps shutting down about 2 minutes into the cloning process. What gives??

My clonedvd software keeps shutting down about 2 minutes into the cloning process. What gives??

First off, please post appropriately. Your problem was a CloneDVD one yet you posted in the AnyDVD HD forum which has nothing to do with CloneDVD or standard DVDs.

Some quick and simple looking at the forums would have shown you that a problem does exist and has been discussed extensively.

Please refer to the topic of this thread. Make sure you are using the latest version of AnyDVD and CloneDVD and read the posts in this thread. If you try to do a backup that is compressed onto a DVD-5 (single layer) disc then CloneDVD crashes. You can make a DVD-9 backup (DL) without compression or follow the suggestions made by a few people in the thread.

The problem should be resolved in the near future.

AnyDVD 6.4.7.3 beta: http://sandbox.slysoft.com/beta/SetupAnyDVD6473.exe
CloneDVD 2.9.1.9: http://static.slysoft.com/SetupCloneDVD2919.exe

think i got it.

try using updated any dvd and clone dvd. do not burn subtitles or directors comments. should work

Hey i was having problems to and saw what you must do but how do you get to the beta thing I have 6.4.6.9

I still can't back up this movie even with latest AnYDVD

:doh::doh: You Don't Mess with the Zohan: Use AnyDVD 6.4.7.3 beta (do main movie only)! :doh::doh:

why is it so hard for everyone to understand that....if they had a fix on this it would be in the release notes when its released.

the title of the thread as well as ton of messages in this thread say do main movie only...not the entire disc with extras...when it's possible to do entire disc....it will be clearly noted in the release notes. and I'm thinking that will be a clonedvd update or beta not anydvd. but in any case it will be listed in ether or that the issue was resolved with clondvd and this movie.

if you want a entire rip...use anydvd rip to hdd option....burn the files to a dvd+r dl disc. and the entire disc works fine that way.
also the movie only option still requires a dvd+r dl unless u can compress the movie only rip as it's
4.65 GB (4,998,178,816 bytes) and a sl blank has 4.37 GB. unless I did something wrong
starz

Last edited:
also the movie only option still requires a dvd+r dl unless u can compress the movie only rip

You can compress ("dvd-5") a movie only backup of Zohan. That's the reason for doing a movie only backup; Clonedvd won't crash. Clonedvd will crash if a full disc (extras, menus, movie) backup of Zohan is compressed ("dvd-5" near the quality bar).

If you use dvd+R DL, there's no point in removing extras and the main menu. Clonedvd will not crash if you do a full disc backup and don't compress ("dvd-/+ r DL" near the quality bar).

Last edited:
I had this problem also , went and reset the region code on dvd player and only copied the movie, it worked fine then. Still cant copy the entire cd but movie did just fine. I also used the newest beta version for anydvd.

I had this problem also , went and reset the region code on dvd player and only copied the movie, it worked fine then. Still cant copy the entire cd but movie did just fine. I also used the newest beta version for anydvd.

You can do a full-disc rip as long as you don't compress/transcode to DVD-5. You can create a movie-only backup compressed/transcoded to DVD-5. You can also create a DVD-5 movie+menus backup.

Alternately, you can create a full-disc DVD-5 backup using AnyDVD, CloneDVD, and another freeware program via this method: http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=136754&postcount=1.

Hi Everyone,

OK, I've been reading a lot about the problems with this particular DVD and I found a solution that worked for me. I don't know if I can say this but here goes: I first used "DVD-Shrink 3.2" to shrink the file (with AnyDVD 6.4.7.3 running in the background), I saved it to the hard drive and used the Write Exisiting Data option in CloneDVD 2.9.1.9. And it worked perfectly, I was having the exact same problem where CloneDVD would shut down at 3% into the process but there were no such issues/errors using this method.

Good luck everyone!

Adam

:policeman::rock::
The solution in this case is copy entire dvd with clonecd and use a dvd+r dl (dual layer 8.5gb). The copy is an exact copy of original disc. If you try to rip your copy with clonedvd the software crashed like an original.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back