• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

[Resolved: Use Clonedvd 2.9.1.10 beta] You Don't Mess with the Zohan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually your statement is off a bit as CloneDVD2 will rip this title just fine. Compressing it is the issue. So either CloneDVD2 with no compression or CloneCD will do this just fine.

Hi Everyone,

OK, I've been reading a lot about the problems with this particular DVD and I found a solution that worked for me. I don't know if I can say this but here goes: I first used "DVD-Shrink 3.2" to shrink the file (with AnyDVD 6.4.7.3 running in the background), I saved it to the hard drive and used the Write Exisiting Data option in CloneDVD 2.9.1.9. And it worked perfectly, I was having the exact same problem where CloneDVD would shut down at 3% into the process but there were no such issues/errors using this method.

Good luck everyone!

Adam

Pretty much the same thing I did for success. But please note that the problem here is not really with CloneDVD as even DVDShrink reports a runtime error; it just ignores it and gets lucky - while CloneDVD gets a lot more upset about it and shuts down. I'm sure it will be addressed soon.

-W

Last edited:
Actually your statement is off a bit as CloneDVD2 will rip this title just fine. Compressing it is the issue. So either CloneDVD2 with no compression or CloneCD will do this just fine.

You can compress with Clonedvd. You just need to do a movie only backup (no extras).

You can compress with Clonedvd. You just need to do a movie only backup (no extras).

Zohan movie only fits on a DVD-5 (with edge room) without any compression.

-W

PS: Watched it - Old school Sandler style. Some funny moments.

Last edited:

That doesn't matter. You can actually compress the main movie along with the menus in Clonedvd by forcing a custom size (someone tested this just to see if Clonedvd would crash). So the problem isn't the main movie nor the menus.

Last edited:
That doesn't matter. You can actually compress the main movie along with the menus in Clonedvd by forcing a custom size (someone tested this just to see if Clonedvd would crash). So the problem isn't the main movie nor the menus.

then this problem is making less and less sense.
EDIT: well I just tried that using custom size and guess what it did??? It Crashed!
EDIT 2: Tried 4700 MB and tried 4000 MB, Tried not removing any audio tracks.. Still Crashes CloneDVD....Not very Reliable info there Webslinger Sorry to Say!

Last edited:

-W

PS: Watched it - Old school Sandler style. Some funny moments.

yeah it does actually I was looking at it from the disc...without removing any audio tracks....with the audio tracks it won't with only one audio track it will....I assume you can only have one audio track doing the movie only as there being no way to select between them...I have never done a movie only....but I'm now just for the heck of it....

Starz

Last edited:
Retaining the menu does no good to be honest when you can only make the main movie backup. If you was to read this whole thread you would see that CloneDVD2 or CloneCD is the best option right now till there is a CloneDVD2 update but don't use compression. If you want to use some compression then do the movie only no adverts or extras.

Retaining the menu does no good to be honest when you can only make the main movie backup. If you was to read this whole thread you would see that CloneDVD2 or CloneCD is the best option right now till there is a CloneDVD2 update but don't use compression. If you want to use some compression then do the movie only no adverts or extras.

I have no idea who ur aiming the read the entire thread bit at....?

My post is indeed directed at you. If you read my whole reply and not just a snippet then you'll see I posted in one post what the answer is to handle making a backup.

My post is indeed directed at you. If you read my whole reply and not just a snippet then you'll see I posted in one post what the answer is to handle making a backup.

If You looked at what my Post was in reply to...you would see that webslinger said someone could do the Entire disc with custom size,,,and it don't....I'm not gona bother repeating myself further...ur reply to retaining just the menu and the main movie alone has nothing to do with what was said. I'm not going to argue with you till a mod bans us both so let it die now please thank you.

Starz

I simply stated that you can't do a full disc backup with this title and CloneDVD2 with compression enabled. So I guess we both agree and everyone here knows this except those that fail to read (not directed at you).

I simply stated that you can't do a full disc backup with this title and CloneDVD2 with compression enabled. So I guess we both agree and everyone here knows this except those that fail to read (not directed at you).
yes I know You cant have compression enabled...however Webslinger had posted that someone tested it with success with Custom Size, Witch Is compression....I tried it to find it don't work....I think the trouble is most people don't know what a Movie Only Back up is....think about it....a Movie Only Back up to someone not as technically inclined may sound like back up only my whole DVD or something Like that I don't know taking a guess into other peoples minds...but yes we do agree...

Starz

I agree here is a simple and easy method for those that don't read......

Start CloneDVD2 and select :

Select browse :

Leave selection alone in this step :

Click next :

See next post as I am limited to 4 images in one post.

Click next again :

You can select to burn after it is done but I didn't need to make another copy so my pics are just examples on how to back this title up. Enjoy.

great job charlie....how can anyone go wrong now....the directions have pictures and all.....u don't even have to read ....:rock::rock::clap::clap:

Yep maybe webslinger will merge my 2 posts since I can't post 5 pics in one? Webslinger you are welcome to repeat my posting to members as well if they fail to look & or read.

then this problem is making less and less sense.
EDIT: well I just tried that using custom size and guess what it did??? It Crashed!
EDIT 2: Tried 4700 MB and tried 4000 MB, Tried not removing any audio tracks.. Still Crashes CloneDVD....Not very Reliable info there Webslinger Sorry to Say!

Try reading what I wrote slowly and carefully

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back