• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

[Resolved] Leatherheads Region 1 Problem => use AnyDVD 6.4.7.3 beta!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Leatherheads

Was there something new used on the movie "Leatherheads"? I cannot make a back up copy of this DVD. One thing I noticed is when I explore the directory it shows the volume size as 229GB.

This occurs both on my XP and Vista systems.

Was there something new used on the movie "Leatherheads"? I cannot make a back up copy of this DVD. One thing I noticed is when I explore the directory it shows the volume size as 229GB.

AnyDVD (HD) 6.4.7.0 beta

http://sandbox.slysoft.com/beta/SetupAnyDVD6470.exe

6.4.7.0 2008 09 23
- New (DVD): Added support for new protections, e.g.:
"Leatherheads", US

Use AnyDVD 6.4.7.0 beta: http://sandbox.slysoft.com/beta/SetupAnyDVD6470.exe.

If you are already using AnyDVD 6.4.7.0 beta then post log files.

This movie has been discussed endlessly in the forums.

Last edited:
I just ran the beta version on leatherheads (widescreen). Here are the log files. I still get the movie showing 229GB in size.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_G_LEATHERHEADS.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 1
I just ran the beta version on leatherheads (widescreen). Here are the log files. I still get the movie showing 229GB in size.

1. i. Right click the fox on your toolbar. Exit Anydvd
ii. Click start. Right click on "My computer"--->select "properties".
iii.Click on the 'Hardware' tab--->click the 'device manager' button.
iv. Open the dvd/cdrom branch---> right click on your optical drive
v. Click "properties".
vi. You should have a region tab. From there you can select a region.
vii. Select the region that you're in
viii. Start Anydvd

2. right-click on the fox icon on your toolbar and select "Rip video-dvd to Hard Disk". Choose your source and destination paths. Click "Copy", and wait for Anydvd ripper to finish

I did what you requested up to actually copying the disk. When I look at the disk with windows explorer, it still indicates the huge size. Also, it appears that the VOB files are repeated over and over from VTS_1_0 to _6 thru VTS_39_0 to _6.

I backed up Leatherheads with ver 6.4.6.4 Movie Only with no problems. Burnt with Imgburn.......

OB1
:bowdown:

No, I use Oneclick to compress my backup to the hard drive. It states I need 97% compression, and thinks it is a episode type disk.

No, I use Oneclick to compress my backup to the hard drive. It states I need 97% compression, and thinks it is a episode type disk.

I wasn't asking a question. You rip to your hard drive using Anydvd 6.4.7.0:

1) right-click on the fox icon on your toolbar and select "Rip video-dvd to Hard Disk". Choose your source and destination paths. Click "Copy", and wait for Anydvd ripper to finish

2) remove the original disc

3) import rip from step 1 into whatever program that you're using

I had already started the rip per your instruction, but it isn't complete yet so I can not reply on whether or not it was successful. Based on your response though, should I assume that AnyDVD no longer works they I've been using it for the last two years, and now I need to do a two step process (rip, then compress)?

I had already started the rip per your instruction, but it isn't complete yet so I can not reply on whether or not it was successful. Based on your response though, should I assume that AnyDVD no longer works? I've been using it for the last two years, and now I need to do a two step process (rip, then compress)?

Those of us that use DVDShrink (And Nero recode) have had to do a 2-step process on certain titles since Saw 3 - so this is not news - it's just the nature of the strange structural protections on a very few titles. See this thread for more info.

http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=3992

Leaherheads is still a work in progess at the AnyDVD labs, though it's very likely it'll still require a 2-step when it's finally set.

-W

Last edited:
I don't know what you're talking about (regarding two steps with Shrink). I've been using AnyDVD with Shrink for years with perhaps four titles I've had to RIP directly with AnyDVD and then Shrink. Leatherheads will not work no matter what I do. First time I've encountered this kind of stubborness in at least five years. Pre Shrink and AnyDVD days.

I'm not going to post specifics about mine as it is the same problem the other person is having. I have the most updated programs for AnyDVD and CloneDVD (versions as you stated). It's not the disc according to Nero. Seems like a new copy protection maybe?? Mine gets to 94% scanning, then it trys to repair the disc which nothing is wrong with it.

AnyDVD RIPper gets to 3% and blows up. Shrink doesn't see the volumes so can't even try to RIP with Shrink and AnyDVD in the background.

I'm not going to post specifics about mine as it is the same problem the other person is having. I have the most updated programs for AnyDVD and CloneDVD (versions as you stated). It's not the disc according to Nero. Seems like a new copy protection maybe?? Mine gets to 94% scanning, then it trys to repair the disc which nothing is wrong with it.

Then there's something wrong on your end:

1. Use Anydvd 6.4.7.0 beta: click http://sandbox.slysoft.com/beta/SetupAnyDVD6470.exe

You may need to reboot after installing if prompted to do so.

2. Click the red fox icon on your toolbar. Click "default". Click "ok".

3. If you use DVDShrink, Nero Recode, or programs that generally can't handle structural protections, right-click on the fox icon on your toolbar and select "Rip video-dvd to Hard Disk". Choose your source and destination paths. Click "Copy", and wait for Anydvd ripper to finish. You can then import that rip into whatever program you want. This is an important step if the original disc contains structural protection.

click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=3992 and read fully

You don't need to do this if you own Clonedvd or are planning to make a backup with Clonecd.

4. Use Clonedvd 2.9.1.9: click http://static.slysoft.com/SetupCloneDVD2919.exe

5. Follow the steps from this link in order: click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=476 (follow them step by step)

If you're using +R DL blank discs, I recommend using Clonecd: click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=327

6. If you still have problems, then . . .

A)
a) Ensure Anydvd is running.
b) Put the problematic original movie dvd in your burner. Wait for Anydvd to scan the disc.
c) Right click the red fox icon on your toolbar.
d) Select "Create Logfile"
e) Wait for Anydvd to create a log file.
f) A pop-up screen will appear. Take note of the location where Anydvd created the logfile and the logfile's name. Click "ok".
g) Go to your My Documents folder
h) You will see a zip file called "Anydvd_Info_titleofmydisc.zip" (or something similar; see step f)
i) When replying or posting in the Slysoft forums, look for the icon that looks like
attach.gif
(in other words, look for the paperclip after clicking "quote" or when creating a new thread)
j) If you don't see that paperclip icon, click the "go advanced" button. You should see that icon now. Click the paperclip.
k) A small pop-up screen should appear (if it doesn't please ensure your browser is enabled to allow pop-ups from the Slysoft forums)
l) Click the "Browse" button, and locate and select the .zip file you created.
m) click "upload"
n) Close the window. When you submit reply, or submit a new thread, the .zip file will be attached automatically for us to take a look at

B) State the full a)error message(s) you encountered (click "details"), b)tell us what program(s) you were using when you received the error message(s), and c) describe in detail what you were doing when you received the error message(s). What problem are you having exactly?

C) Click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=5091 to see if your question has already been answered

D) Provide the Clonedvd log file after Clonedvd has finished--or after you receive an error message.

attachment.php

i)In the white area under the tab labelled "Log", right click and select "save as".
ii)Select where you want to save the log, and then save it.
iii) The log will be a .txt file. Zip it up using Winzip or another program. If the text file is small enough, you should be able to upload it anyway. Otherwise, use Winzip.
iv) When replying or posting in the Slysoft forums, look for the icon that looks like
attach.gif
(in other words, look for the paperclip after clicking "quote" or when creating a new thread)
v) If you don't see that paperclip icon, click the "go advanced" button. You should see that icon now. Click the paperclip.
vi) A small pop-up screen should appear (if it doesn't please ensure your browser is enabled to allow pop-ups from the Slysoft forums)
vii) Click the "Browse" button, and locate and select the .zip file (or .txt file) that you created.
viii) click "upload"
ix) Close the window. When you submit reply, or submit a new thread, the .zip file will be attached automatically for us to take a look at

I don't know what you're talking about (regarding two steps with Shrink). I've been using AnyDVD with Shrink for years with perhaps four titles I've had to RIP directly with AnyDVD and then Shrink. Leatherheads will not work no matter what I do. First time I've encountered this kind of stubborness in at least five years. Pre Shrink and AnyDVD days.

Yes... the list is small. You've run into four of them. Read the list and you'll find your four on it.

You can import the ENTIRE Leatherheads rip into Shrink. Only do a "Full Disk Backup" ; you can manually overshrink the parts that are not the Main Movie (unreferenced material IS the Main Movie) to give the Main Movie the most possible room. Or just burn the unshrunk rip to a DVD-9.

Again, there ARE some problems with this particular title. If you read this whole thread and the thread at the top of this forum - you understand what's going on and what's happened to date.

-W

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back