• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

[Resolved] Leatherheads Region 1 Problem => use AnyDVD 6.4.7.3 beta!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I must not be getting the right understanding of this post, I did Leatherheads with Clonedvd, and anydvd6466,and I have had no problem.

I must not be getting the right understanding of this post, I did Leatherheads with Clonedvd, and anydvd6466,and I have had no problem.

There is a problem with older versions of Anydvd, unless you use "remove annoying adverts and trailers"--or weren't doing full disc backups including main menus. People should use 6.4.7.0

Right..
Have we gotten to a point where we can "reauthor" the movie only yet?

Not yet.
And I fear that Iron Man is gonna be the same way come Tuesday.

-W (place your bets!)

Iron Man

I bet Iron Man has very little protection. Why? It seems that's the way it's been lately. Leatherheads can't be classified as a Top Notch Film, yet look what they did to it! :bang:

Iron Man

Ironman is a breeze.
I predicted that it would be. Of course, it is not "officially" released here in US yet, but I do know there are people that can get their hands on it sooner. I know a few. .

I have read this thread in its entirety a couple of times, and have come to the conclusion, that what works for some with their original disk and PC, may not work for others.
In my case using, 6.4.7.0 and 2.9.1.9 with menus preserved, results in a backup that goes straight to the Bonus Features if I select play, or scene 1.

Without menus, a movie only, or full disk backup play perfectly.
Interestingly, both movie only, and full disk play identically. There are 18 more files present on the full disk backup, but they are bypassed without the menu being present.

Possibly off topic in this thread, but Nero Showtime (from Nero 7 Ultra) will not play the original disk correctly. (skips and stutters) Disappointing for the HT PC user.

Backups from the Slysoft combo will not open with Showtime if the menus are present. (an error stating part of a file is missing, appears)

Backups from the Slysoft combo "without" menus play perfectly with Showtime.

I have read this thread in its entirety a couple of times, and have come to the conclusion, that what works for some with their original disk and PC, may not work for others.
In my case using, 6.4.7.0 and 2.9.1.9 with menus preserved, results in a backup that goes straight to the Bonus Features if I select play, or scene 1.

Without menus, a movie only, or full disk backup play perfectly.
Interestingly, both movie only, and full disk play identically. There are 18 more files present on the full disk backup, but they are bypassed without the menu being present.

Possibly off topic in this thread, but Nero Showtime (from Nero 7 Ultra) will not play the original disk correctly. (skips and stutters) Disappointing for the HT PC user.

Backups from the Slysoft combo will not open with Showtime if the menus are present. (an error stating part of a file is missing, appears)

Backups from the Slysoft combo "without" menus play perfectly with Showtime.

Some dvd software playback programs (Powerdvd 8 works; Windows Media Player works; Nero Showtime may not work; Powerdvd 4 may not work; Zoomplayer works) can't play back the Anydvd ripper rip properly.

All I feel fairly sure of, is that the problem is the result of the Main Menu and the Main Movie both being twined in the VTS_27 titleset. I can't recall seing one "quite" like this one before. But, I'm sure that the longer it remains a discussion point - the more the studios will embrace the method.

-W

Some DVD software playback programs (Powerdvd 8 works; Windows Media Player works; Nero Showtime may not work; Powerdvd 4 may not work; Zoomplayer works) can't play back the Anydvd ripper rip properly.

Thanks for that Webslinger. I may need to find another PC player to add to the arsenal........I did root around and come up with an old PowerDVD XP disk that came bundled with a drive a few years back. It seems to be less particular about what it plays, but kind of awkward to use. I found that it will open the AnyDVD rip to hd files. :clap:

Leatherheads issue...

Let me first say i'm normally a lurker as opposed to a poster.I also normally can find what i'm looking for in past threads-i did not this time but simply may have overlooked it.After backing up my copy of Leatherheads i noticed during playback it jumps to the 8 minute mark upon insertion into the player.I normally just do movie only.The rest of the movie backed up fine but i lost that first portion.I am using 6.4.9 and have not updated to the newer beta.Did anyone else have this particular issue?I want to thank all involved with this product and thanks to all the mods and posters for helping me out immensely!:clap:

Let me first say i'm normally a lurker as opposed to a poster.I also normally can find what i'm looking for in past threads-i did not this time but simply may have overlooked it.After backing up my copy of Leatherheads i noticed during playback it jumps to the 8 minute mark upon insertion into the player.I normally just do movie only.The rest of the movie backed up fine but i lost that first portion.I am using 6.4.9 and have not updated to the newer beta.Did anyone else have this particular issue?I want to thank all involved with this product and thanks to all the mods and posters for helping me out immensely!:clap:

Use 6.4.7.0 and retain the main menus in Clonedvd.

Just checking back... any progress on extracting the movie only?

Not unless you also have the menus preserved using Clonedvd 2.9.1.9 and Anydvd 6.4.7.0, no

Just for the general knowledge base: I tried importing VTS_27_1 thru 27_6 (VOB's) from the AnyDVD rip into Nero Vision in order to build a Main Movie that leaves 27_0 (the menu) behind.

This would have worked except that Nero Vision would hang (crash) every time it tried to anayze 27_1. The rest of them went in fine if I started with 27_2 instead. this would infer that even by itself, 27_1 has something wrong with it as things stand.

-W

Not unless you also have the menus preserved using Clonedvd 2.9.1.9 and Anydvd 6.4.7.0, no

:confused: Possibly the errors on these disks aren't consistent?
The only way I was able to backup this title with 6.4.7.0 & 2.9.1.9, was by not preserving menus. This method achieved a perfect movie only backup. ( post #168 )
It wasn't a PC player issue in this regard. If burnt with menus, selecting play or scene 1 would take it directly to the bonus features selection, when played on a standalone DVD player.
The only way I could view the first scene was by selecting scene 2 and reversing until reaching the beginning of scene 1.

Using AnyDVD beta and can not burn Leatherheads

I keep getting bad sector messages when tryingto burn with 1Click... any suggestions... Nero Recode is a waste of time... Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back