• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

[Resolved] Leatherheads Region 1 Problem => use AnyDVD 6.4.7.3 beta!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I keep getting bad sector messages when tryingto burn with 1Click... any suggestions... Nero Recode is a waste of time... Thanks
CloneDVD is a wonderful program.

:confused: Possibly the errors on these disks aren't consistent?
Possibly you folks use different versions of the same movie (widescreen / fullscreen)?

Hint to all:
Always be as precise as possible. Name title, region, country, format, UPC/EAN number.

I keep getting bad sector messages when tryingto burn with 1Click... any suggestions... Nero Recode is a waste of time... Thanks

Use the AnyDVD ripper to rip the movie to a hard disk folder. You can then import that rip into whatever program you want to use. Read the entire Leatherheads thread (the big one) for all the info to date on this title.
It's known to have "a few issues" - even one with CloneDVD.

-W

Last edited:
Same error here

I'm at work so I don't have all the specifics, but I get the same error on the same DVD. It specifically references VOB 27. I'm on the latest versions of both Any DVD and DVD Clone.

I'm at work so I don't have all the specifics, but I get the same error on the same DVD. It specifically references VOB 27. I'm on the latest versions of both Any DVD and DVD Clone.

You won't get .vob errors if you're using Anydvd 6.4.7.0

You won't get .vob errors if you're using Anydvd 6.4.7.0

The new poster was too vague as to what he was trying to do?
YES you need to be using AnyDVD 6.4.7.0 to get anywhere with is title.

And YES VOB 27 still has issues for some uses as it comes OUT of AnyDVD 6.4.7.0 - I think we all know that by now - old news.

-W

The new poster was too vague as to what he was trying to do?

Doesn't matter. He's using Clonedvd. Using Clonedvd 2.9.1.9 with Anydvd 6.4.6.9 will produce Vob error messages with this title (full disc). Using Anydvd 6.4.7.0 won't (all other things being normal). Same goes for "rip video dvd to harddisk" with Anydvd (with respect to error messages, the version used matters). Saying "latest" is meaningless, since most don't realize they aren't using the latest version of Anydvd (often people just visit Slysoft's website and claim they have the "latest"), which is 6.4.7.0 beta, currently.

Apparently, the title of this thread doesn't provide enough of a hint in some cases.

Last edited:
I was being frustrated with Leatherheads this morning. Downloaded & installed the new Beta of AnyDVD 6.4.7.0,and it worked without a hitch with Clone DVD 2. One minor glitch was asking me to insert a writable media a few times, when there was one already in ( never happened before). It finally recognized the disc, and I was on my way. Playback was fine on 2 different DVD players. Used Verbatum -R. I did the full house with movie & extras. I will also try it with One Click Pro. If there are any problems, I will report back.

Leatherheads won't copy?

Leatherheads, won't copy, have latest downloads. It starts to read then cancels it's self out before allowing to go to copy start, or the go button, it reads about 50-60% then drops to zero. When I put it on preview (in the title configuration) the movie is showing the end credits, when they are done it starts over at the end credits again. All other DVD's start at the beginning. What is the problem here? When I put the DVD in to just play it works fine.
STUMPED, please advice here or does AnyDVD need an update?

Leatherheads, won't copy, have latest downloads. It starts to read then cancels it's self out before allowing to go to copy start, or the go button, it reads about 50-60% then drops to zero. When I put it on preview (in the title configuration) the movie is showing the end credits, when they are done it starts over at the end credits again. All other DVD's start at the beginning. What is the problem here? When I put the DVD in to just play it works fine.
STUMPED, please advice here or does AnyDVD need an update?

Did you read anything in this thread?

>*sigh*<

There is no easy solution to this problem it seems. :(

I would like to see an "announcement" on the slysoft.com site for a beta with the URL that fixes a new DVD - but this will likely not happen.

Intercept and fix is a better solution than tickets IMO, but .......

Yesterday I even had a ticket in support with "I searched the forum for anything for Leatherheads and could not find anything".... :doh:

leatherheads

I was having the same problem with everyone else trying to back this movie up by just having anydvd running in the background and using dvd shrink. It fails to read the disk.

So then I decided to take it old school. With anydvd still running in the background, I used RipItForMe with dvdDecryptor then shrink... I then ripped to disk using Roxio and had no problems.. works fine...

I was having the same problem with everyone else trying to back this movie up by just having anydvd running in the background and using dvd shrink.

As a general rule, one should never do that with discs containing structural protection. And you should be using Anydvd 6.4.7.0 click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=3992

You'll still encounter issues with Shrink using "rip video dvd to harddisk" with Anydvd 6.4.7.0, however. Anydvd needs to be updated in order to handle this dvd properly for Shrink users (and likely Nero Recode as well).

Last edited:
i dont rip the movie to hard disk. I open disk with shrink, then backup to iso image then burn.

I got the movie to rip and it works good so im not really worried about it. And i did update to the beta version.

i agree with web, when using dvd shrink becuz it is so picky, your best bet is to rip the movie to hard drive first, then import that into shrink. actually thats your best bet period when backing up any dvd movie. u have alot less issues with transcoders/encoders when the protections r off rather than on the fly. also your transcode/encode will finish faster becuz workin from hard drive is faster than your burner reading it constantly.

Leatherhead Problem

Hi Guys,

AnyDVD 6.4.6.9 gets 18% done writing this title to hdd then gives the following error:

VOBSET 9 27 31115 31148 31115

files are then erased from hdd.

Tried cleaning the disc & two diff. cd/dvd drives same problem. The disc seems to play ok

Thanks
Rico

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back