[Resolved] Leatherheads Region 1 Problem => use AnyDVD 6.4.7.3 beta!

Discussion in 'AnyDVD HD (DVD issues)' started by patsy132, Sep 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. steve305

steve305 New Member

problems with leatherhead

i have tried everything i have and have had no sucesss...any suggestions

2. James

James Redfox Development Team Staff Member

Did you try AnyDVD 6.4.7.0?

3. mp3mogul

mp3mogul Member

I successfully backed it up with AnyDVD 6.4.7.0b.

4. bluedevil307

bluedevil307 New Member

bluedevil307

DVD SHRINK AND DVD DECRYTER WILL NOT OPEN "LEATHERHEADS"US region1. I HAVE DOWNLOADED 6.4.7.0 ANY DVD AND IT WILL NOT RIP. ANY THOUGHTS?

5. bluedevil307

bluedevil307 New Member

Leatherheads wont rip region1

Leatherhads wont rip using anydvd 6.4.7.0. Any thoughts?

6. Webslinger

Webslinger Retired Moderator

1. Do not type in all-caps, please.

2. Right-click on the fox icon on your toolbar and select "Rip video-dvd to Hard Disk". Choose your source and destination paths. Click "Copy", and wait for Anydvd ripper to finish. You can then import that rip into Shrink.

However, if you use dvdshrink, you will still encounter issues with the rip. Anydvd requires an update for dvdshrink users.

7. Clams

Clams Well-Known Member

Not *just* for Shrink users though; to keep this all clear. If you use the annointed CloneDVD you will encounter the same basic issue with that rip - just a different workaround than for Shrink. The problem is that the Main Menu and the Main Move are entwined in the same titleset. Yes, it seems to be a bizzare new form of copy protection. AnyDVD requires an update alright, but not *just* for Shrink users.

Both programs will do a full disk backup from the AnyDVD rip.
    Long story short, is that you have to leave the Main Menu intact in order to get the Main Movie "only". (Yes, that's a contradiction in terms ; thus the problem) In Clone DVD you check to preserve menu's - In DVDShrink you must do a full disk Backup and Overshrink (or blank) everyhthing but VTS_27 to save space.

-W

Last edited: Oct 2, 2008
  8. Webslinger

Do you know if it's possible to produce a full disc backup with Shrink using the Anydvd rip (including previews, extras, menus, etc.)?

Edit: I deleted what I wrote in the best interest of having an Anydvd update.

9. Clams

Clams Well-Known Member

Yes, you can get a full disk backup using Shrink. (I thought we established that a week ago?) That full disk backup has some of the same playability issues on certain software / players as the naked AnyDVD rip - but we expect that would be true.

You can't just get *just* Main Menu and Main movie using Shrink, because Shrink sees the Main Movie as part of the Menu System in Full Disk Backup - but in Re-Author mode That part of the Menu does not appear on the right side to selct. The best you can do is a Full Disk Backup and then Convert everything else to a Still Image to save space for a DVD-5. But since it's not that much - it's better to max-compress the extra stuff and keep it and leave VTS_27 on automatic compression.

And yes - I'm all about DVD-5's Main Movie only. 80% of the movie titles fit with no compression and another 10% fit with minimal compression. So only about 10% of the movies need <85% compression. I can live with that since DVD-5's cost $0.25 on sale.

Edit: What you deleted also avoided starting a DVD-5 vs DVD-9 rathole too! :)

-W <-----(cheap bastich)

10. Webslinger

O.k., I misunderstood what you wrote in your previous post in this thread.

11. Webslinger

I stand firmly behind my opinion concerning that topic; I absolutely hate introducing more lossy compression (and I prefer DTS soundtracks and full extras), but anyway . . .

12. Clams

Clams Well-Known Member

Yes... that's strictly a matter of "user preference". I'll quit here before a discussion breaks out about XP Service Packs. :D

-W

13. 1baddog

1baddog Member

Leatherheads

Has anyone else had problems with movie?? I tried the movie and had problems with the reading portion. The first step went fine and gave me straight line readings and then the second step started wo read and got about 61% and then went blank, when I sent to the third step, (Dolly) started out as normal and then stopped and and said "oh no". It boiled down to not coping the movie. Is it the movie or just my issue?!??

14. Webslinger

Use Anydvd 6.4.7.0

15. surfinjedi

surfinjedi New Member

leatherheads w/ anydvd 6.4.7.0 beta

I tried this and the disc still won't rip

16. Webslinger

1. Use Anydvd 6.4.7.0 beta: click http://sandbox.slysoft.com/beta/SetupAnyDVD6470.exe

You may need to reboot after installing if prompted to do so.

2. Click the red fox icon on your toolbar. Click "default". Click "ok".

3. If you use DVDShrink, Nero Recode, or programs that generally can't handle structural protections, right-click on the fox icon on your toolbar and select "Rip video-dvd to Hard Disk". Choose your source and destination paths. Click "Copy", and wait for Anydvd ripper to finish. You can then import that rip into whatever program you want. This is an important step if the original disc contains structural protection.

click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=3992 and read fully

You don't need to do this if you own Clonedvd or are planning to make a backup with Clonecd.

4. Use Clonedvd 2.9.1.9: click http://static.slysoft.com/SetupCloneDVD2919.exe

5. Follow the steps from this link in order: click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=476 (follow them step by step)

If you're using +R DL blank discs, I recommend using Clonecd: click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=327

6. If you still have problems, then . . .

A)
    a) Ensure Anydvd is running.
    b) Put the problematic original movie dvd in your burner. Wait for Anydvd to scan the disc.
    c) Right click the red fox icon on your toolbar.
    d) Select "Create Logfile"
    e) Wait for Anydvd to create a log file.
    f) A pop-up screen will appear. Take note of the location where Anydvd created the logfile and the logfile's name. Click "ok".
    g) Go to your My Documents folder
    h) You will see a zip file called "Anydvd_Info_titleofmydisc.zip" (or something similar; see step f)
    i) When replying or posting in the Slysoft forums, look for the icon that looks like [​IMG] (in other words, look for the paperclip after clicking "quote" or when creating a new thread)
    j) If you don't see that paperclip icon, click the "go advanced" button. You should see that icon now. Click the paperclip.
    k) A small pop-up screen should appear (if it doesn't please ensure your browser is enabled to allow pop-ups from the Slysoft forums)
    l) Click the "Browse" button, and locate and select the .zip file you created.
    m) click "upload"
    n) Close the window. When you submit reply, or submit a new thread, the .zip file will be attached automatically for us to take a look at

B) State the full a)error message(s) you encountered (click "details"), b)tell us what program(s) you were using when you received the error message(s), and c) describe in detail what you were doing when you received the error message(s). What problem are you having exactly?

C) Click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=5091 to see if your question has already been answered

D) Provide the Clonedvd log file after Clonedvd has finished--or after you receive an error message.

[​IMG]

i)In the white area under the tab labelled "Log", right click and select "save as".
    ii)Select where you want to save the log, and then save it.
    iii) The log will be a .txt file. Zip it up using Winzip or another program. If the text file is small enough, you should be able to upload it anyway. Otherwise, use Winzip.
    iv) When replying or posting in the Slysoft forums, look for the icon that looks like [​IMG] (in other words, look for the paperclip after clicking "quote" or when creating a new thread)
    v) If you don't see that paperclip icon, click the "go advanced" button. You should see that icon now. Click the paperclip.
    vi) A small pop-up screen should appear (if it doesn't please ensure your browser is enabled to allow pop-ups from the Slysoft forums)
    vii) Click the "Browse" button, and locate and select the .zip file (or .txt file) that you created.
    viii) click "upload"
    ix) Close the window. When you submit reply, or submit a new thread, the .zip file will be attached automatically for us to take a look at

17. surfinjedi

surfinjedi New Member

still doesn't work

I went through the steps provided. I only get only 30 minutes of the movie..any ideas

18. Webslinger

If you went through the steps provided you would have posted log files as requested (along with the other requested information including what programs you're using). If it's the widescreen edition, ensure you're using Anydvd 6.4.7.0 and that you've selected "preserve menu" in Clonedvd.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2008
  19. surfinjedi

surfinjedi New Member

leatherheads log file

log file for leatherheads

Attached Files:

20. DrinkLyeAndDie

DrinkLyeAndDie Retired Moderator

Make sure you have AnyDVD running at default settings.

From your logs:

I recommend removing these filters.

1. Create a backup of your registry
    2. Download ImgBurn (freeware) here: http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download.
    3. Start ImgBurn and go to Tools > Filter Driver Load Order....
    4. Select "InCDPass". Click Remove Selected Filter. Click OK.
    5. Select "incdrm". Click Remove Selected Filter. Click OK.
    6. Select "AFS2K". Click Remove Selected Filter. Click OK.
    7. Reboot

Whatever programs installed those filters will no longer work properly. If you reinstall the software that installed those filters the software will fully work but I would not recommend doing so.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.