Request for a clean tool for AnyDVD & other SlySoft products

Discussion in 'AnyDVD HD (DVD issues)' started by d.chatten, Feb 18, 2007.

1. d.chatten

d.chatten Well-Known Member

Even though i never seem to have any issues uninstalling, installing or updating AnyDVD & other SlySoft products, i would like to request a clean tool for AnyDVD and other SlySoft products in general, this would cut down on support requests and also some issues that some people seem to have when they update thier SlySoft product to a new version.

I think this would be a very good utility for SlySoft to release and i would also like to know what other SlySoft customers think of this idea.

2. Webslinger

Webslinger Retired Moderator

This is my personal opinion: I think this is a good idea.

3. Clams

Clams Well-Known Member

Yes agreed. But the clean tool should only be made available to registered users, perhaps from a link emailed by Slysoft support to the given user in need.
    If it was mass distributed, it could be misused to perpetually re-start the 30 day trial. (and if it couldn't do that... it wouldn't truly be a cleaner)

-W

4. Webslinger

The Slysoft cleaner simply doesn't need to remove that information.

5. linx05

linx05 Well-Known Member

It would very easily get out Clams. There is already programs out there that do it already. I think the uninstaller (with maybe a few tweaks) is all we need. If a tool was created to get rid of AnyDVD totally, then there would be no need for a trial as users would just need to use it.

6. Charlie

Charlie Well-Known Member

I bet if one was made it wouldn't dig deep in the root directory to remove the fact a 21 day trial has been used or used up. But a good Ideal.

7. d.chatten

The clean tool could leave only the trial onfo where it is, untouched, and if this tool was only for registered users then what about the people that are within the trial period that are having issues, also if this was for registerd users only, then this wouldn't cut down as much as it could on support requests.

8. RedFox 1

RedFox 1 Super Moderator

I would like to ask a question here, when you are uninstalling AnyDVD, doesn't it ask you if you would like to keep or remove your reg information, other than that I think everything is deleted upon uninstalling. I have to admit that I have never had the reason to uninstall any Slysoft products so I may be wrong here. I know Nero employs a " Clean Tool " but that program is so bloated it integrates with all sorts of things in your computer, but I do not believe this is the case with AnyDVD. Again, please, I am only speculating.:(

9. Charlie

Charlie Well-Known Member

If the clean tool removed all and I mean all traces of anydvd what would be the reason to purchase? As after 21 days a user would use clean tool and reinstall anydvd for another 21 day trial? Private public it doesn't matter it will get out as mentioned and then slysoft would hurt.

10. Webslinger

Yes, this is your license key info that's being deleted off your system (not trial information).

Some people have corrupt installations. This is why a clean tool would be useful. There are a few people who can't get Anydvd running properly (and I suspect it's because of previous messed up installations). There are a few people who can't uninstall Anydvd properly (uninstall crashes on them).

The clean tool wouldn't have to be incorporated into Anydvd--just offered as a small separate download.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2007
  11. d.chatten

This is why i said that the info for the trial period should be left untouched, to prevent people from geting another 21 days trial.

12. RedFox 1

RedFox 1 Super Moderator

Thanks Webslinger for the explaination, as I said I have never experienced a corrupt download so I had to ask. But now I see you are right and this probably would be useful, thanks again.

13. Webslinger

I meant more of a corrupt installation (due perhaps to an antivirus program or something else blocking part of the installation)

14. DetroitBaseball

DetroitBaseball Well-Known Member

AnyDVD still keeps a registry entry when you uninstall so that you can't uninstall and reinstall to get a new trial right? Zepter? With embedded nulls?

15. James

James Redfox Development Team Staff Member

The uninstall program is the "clean tool" you are asking for. Really. Everything else (Registry cleaners, etc.) usually make things worse. Deleting files manually make things worse.
    As long as you use the uninstall programs which come with the programs, everything will be fine.

16. James

This is not true. Don't spread false rumours.

17. DetroitBaseball

DetroitBaseball Well-Known Member

I asked a question, that is not spreading false rumors. I never got an answer either.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2007
  18. Bunnyrip2

Bunnyrip2 Well-Known Member

"Clean Tool" ?

Here's a Great "Clean Tool" for Free. It "scrubs" Windows XP registry very well. I use it to remove uninstaller references, missing shorcuts & MUI's.
    www.ccleaner.com "Crap Cleaner" :agree:

19. Webslinger

What if the uninstall program fails to run?

20. James

EDIT: Because you messed with a "registry cleaner" or deleted the files manually?
    You install the product (no need to reboot) and uninstall it right away.