• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Request for a clean tool for AnyDVD & other SlySoft products

This is not true. Don't spread false rumours.

Are you sure about this? I have an old machine that was running a "trial" version of AnyDVD (primarily becuse I didn't use it enough to care to key it) and it wound up having to survive a System Restore ( to a point before AnyDVd even went on it) for reasons other than AnyDVD. And I noted that the trial period "marker" survived the restore.. so it's gotta be in pretty deep.

-W

Are you sure about this? I have an old machine that was running a "trial" version of AnyDVD (primarily becuse I didn't use it enough to care to key it) and it wound up having to survive a System Restore ( to a point before AnyDVd even went on it) for reasons other than AnyDVD. And I noted that the trial period "marker" survived the restore.. so it's gotta be in pretty deep.

-W
I am absolutely sure that none of our products use it.

EDIT: Note, present tense.

I'm the one who the moderator is trying to help resolve a problem of AnyDVD not working.

I can tell you from experience that the uninstall does not completely rid everything. In fact it even remembers how many days the trial version has left after you uninstall and reinstall. Mine had 9 out of 21 days left. After completely installing the program and reinstalling it the program told me I had 9 days left. This is weird as I have had the program for a few years now. Almost like the trial clock stops. And after you go back to a trial version the clock starts up again. Its like the key starts and stops the trial clock. In my case the program din't work but I had the key installed.

It wasn't until the moderator gave me the link to a beta version that my trial went back to 21 days out of 21 days.

In my case the AnyDVD driver went missing on an upgrade sometime ago.

It wasn't until I started in this forum that this was discovered.

I went through the uninstall and install about 50 times.

I even requested Slysoft to issue me a new key.

Even after installing the program the AnyDVD.sys driver still is no where to be seen.

Something deep down inside Windows is preventing me from from reinstalling the program properly.

So if you want my opinion. Something like a cleaner would be nice to help resolve why my program suddenly stopped working after a simple upgrade. And why the driver does not reinstall itself.

I have contacted Slysoft with this issue and if you are on the receiving end of that request you know it is fo real and I am dealing with it right now.

So speaking for one user who has been down for several months I gladly welcome this tool. In fact I welcome any help so I can resolve my issue.

Thanks from a user who has a broken program
Greeter

I can tell you from experience that the uninstall does not completely rid everything. In fact it even remembers how many days the trial version has left after you uninstall and reinstall. Mine had 9 out of 21 days left. After completely installing the program and reinstalling it the program told me I had 9 days left. This is weird as I have had the program for a few years now. Almost like the trial clock stops. And after you go back to a trial version the clock starts up again. Its like the key starts and stops the trial clock. In my case the program din't work but I had the key installed.
I believe AnyDVD leaves something in the registry.

From what I have seen, it for sure leaves something hidden in the registry after an uninstall; it seems to be hidden and not in any slysoft area of the registry, somewhere I have been unable to find. A clean tool would for sure be a nice benefit, or at least a "true" uninstall that pulls all things from the registry pertaining to AnyDvd. But my guess is this won't ever happen as it would allow for a re-install of the trial at a new 21-days with the system thinking it had never been installed. There are "cleaners" out there if one knows where to look, however, I would never endorse the use of 3rd party stuff. :disagree:

From what I have seen, it for sure leaves something hidden in the registry after an uninstall; it seems to be hidden and not in any slysoft area of the registry, somewhere I have been unable to find. A clean tool would for sure be a nice benefit, or at least a "true" uninstall that pulls all things from the registry pertaining to AnyDvd. But my guess is this won't ever happen as it would allow for a re-install of the trial at a new 21-days with the system thinking it had never been installed. There are "cleaners" out there if one knows where to look, however, I would never endorse the use of 3rd party stuff. :disagree:
No matter what Slysoft tells you, if you uninstall AnyDVD, reinstall, and it still knows your trial is expired, it leaves something on your computer to tell it that.

No matter what Slysoft tells you, if you uninstall AnyDVD, reinstall, and it still knows your trial is expired, it leaves something on your computer to tell it that.

Of course, but what's left, in that case, is hardly malicious.

It doesn't matter. At one time AnyDVD used Zepter, but I guess now it doesn't. However, it still leaves something hidden in the registry.

I mean what's left isn't spyware, adware, a virus, or anything else to be concerned about.

I mean what's left isn't spyware, adware, a virus, or anything else to be concerned about.

I understand it's nothing bad per say, but if someone has a bad install, or something is corrupt, it won't allow a clean re-install as it still sees parts of the old install. That's why this whole thread started, was to see if we could get a real cleaner, or a true uninstaller to get rid of ALL parts of an old or bad install.:agree:

I understand it's nothing bad per say, but if someone has a bad install, or something is corrupt, it won't allow a clean re-install as it still sees parts of the old install. That's why this whole thread started, was to see if we could get a real cleaner, or a true uninstaller to get rid of ALL parts of an old or bad install.:agree:

I guess James feels using uninstall from Anydvd is the cleaner.
Start-->All Programs-->Slysoft--->Anydvd-->Uninstall

I'm not too sure what people can do if they can't get the uninstall program to work though (unless they are able to reinstall Anydvd and then attempt to run uninstall again)

I guess James feels using uninstall from Anydvd is the cleaner.
Start-->All Programs-->Slysoft--->Anydvd-->Uninstall

I'm not too sure what people can do if they can't get the uninstall program to work though (unless they are able to reinstall Anydvd and then attempt to run uninstall again)

Yeah, I read where he said that, but that still goes back to my original post, the uninstall does not remove everything, probably most things, but not all, it leaves something hidden in there that makes, i believe, a clean install impossible. That could be why we see so many problems with upgrades and different problems. If someone has a bad install or it is corrupt, there is no "approved" way to clean it all the way out, even when doing the uninstall, something gets left behind that shows AnyDvd has been on the system before. So again it would be nice to have a cleaner of some type, or a true uninstaller that removed all things from the registry. ;)

Yes you are correct why this thread was started, however, i think that the trial info should be left untouched to stop people from getting another 21 days trial.

Yes you are correct why this thread was started, however, i think that the trial info should be left untouched to stop people from getting another 21 days trial.
Just set your calendar to 2099, install AnyDVD, put your calendar back to 2007, and enjoy 92 years of AnyDVD. :D

My thoughts excactly, also what happens if they can't do either?

Just set your calendar to 2099, install AnyDVD, put your calendar back to 2007, and enjoy 92 years of AnyDVD. :D
I know your post is only in fun :) , but, AnyDVD would still probably count down from 21 days, or it would say that your trial has ended.

Perchance when the more knowledgeable experienced Forum Members are attempting to assist individuals who are having problems uninstalling/installing AnyDVD as discussed throughout this thread have you considered suggesting that the user boot their computer in the Safe Mode and then uninstall AnyDVD. By using the Windows Safe Mode all the problems associated with invasive 3rd party programs are bypassed.

Regards,
Coaster

Back