• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Request for a clean tool for AnyDVD & other SlySoft products

Perchance when the more knowledgeable experienced Forum Members are attempting to assist individuals who are having problems uninstalling/installing AnyDVD as discussed throughout this thread have you considered suggesting that the user boot their computer in the Safe Mode and then uninstall AnyDVD. By using the Windows Safe Mode all the problems associated with invasive 3rd party programs are bypassed.

Regards,
Coaster
Yes safe mode is nearly allways suggested by more knowledgeable experienced forum members, but, this wouldn't solve issues with a corrupt installer/uninstaller.

Perchance when the more knowledgeable experienced Forum Members are attempting to assist individuals who are having problems uninstalling/installing AnyDVD as discussed throughout this thread have you considered suggesting that the user boot their computer in the Safe Mode and then uninstall AnyDVD. By using the Windows Safe Mode all the problems associated with invasive 3rd party programs are bypassed.

Regards,
Coaster

Just to let you know in my case I have tried the safe mode route and it did not resolve my issue. I cannot uninstall AnyDVD completely and I cannot reinstall to over come my missing AnyDVD.sys driver issue. Reinstalling AnyDVD will not reistablish the missing driver.

Follow my other thread (under GREETER) to clearly see what I have experienced trying to get my program working once again.

You would be thankful for a program that completely uninstalls itself so a new install could happen.

Thanks
Greeter

Edited by Webslinger:

To blake123,

http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=4
"Posting of Cracks or illegal serial numbers for any program or application in this forum will not be tolerated, Slysoft reserves the right to ban you from posting on this forum for the first infraction."

This includes programs that removes trial period information from Anydvd.

Consider this a warning. :policeman:

Sincerely,

Webslinger

Last edited by a moderator:
Only on warez and cracked sites so caution to the wind.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone fool enough to download from a warez / cracker site gets everything they deserve. :)

-W

Why?

Even though i never seem to have any issues uninstalling, installing or updating AnyDVD & other SlySoft products, i would like to request a clean tool for AnyDVD and other SlySoft products in general, this would cut down on support requests and also some issues that some people seem to have when they update thier SlySoft product to a new version.

I think this would be a very good utility for SlySoft to release and i would also like to know what other SlySoft customers think of this idea.

When you uninstall the program it asks if you want to keep the info?...you mean so you can keep using the 21 day free trial over and over?...LOL

Yes it does leave the fact you installed it deep into the registry. So there is no way around the trial except buy it.

Just to let you know in my case I have tried the safe mode route and it did not resolve my issue. I cannot uninstall AnyDVD completely and I cannot reinstall to over come my missing AnyDVD.sys driver issue. Reinstalling AnyDVD will not reistablish the missing driver.

Follow my other thread (under GREETER) to clearly see what I have experienced trying to get my program working once again.

You would be thankful for a program that completely uninstalls itself so a new install could happen.

Thanks
Greeter

Well in your case you might have to go outside the realm of "approved" removal tool, mainly because there isn't an approved one. I don't normally recommend this, :disagree: but what other choice do you have? Quit using AnyDvd, format and start over, not very good options. But I don't see an official release coming out ever from SlySoft, so I just don't see you having any other good options to get it to work. Let me know how you make out with your efforts. :cool:

Yes it does leave the fact you installed it deep into the registry. So there is no way around the trial except buy it.

Which is great unless you have a hosed install and you don't really want to format the whole system. Which is what one user has, he has no way to do a true uninstall and hence he can't do a clean install, so he is stuck in limbo. AnyDvd doesn't work for him and no matter what he does, short of formatting, he can't get it to work. So the whole reason for this thread was to request a "true" uninstaller, or a cleaner tool. If he has purchased a license, which I believe he has, or we wouldn't be on page 7 of this thread, he has no way to get AnyDvd to work except format, which, IMHO, is not an option. He is not trying to get "around" the trial from what I can see, he just wants to be able to use the software he paid for without having to do a format. 8)

Which is great unless you have a hosed install and you don't really want to format the whole system. Which is what one user has, he has no way to do a true uninstall and hence he can't do a clean install, so he is stuck in limbo. AnyDvd doesn't work for him and no matter what he does, short of formatting, he can't get it to work. So the whole reason for this thread was to request a "true" uninstaller, or a cleaner tool. If he has purchased a license, which I believe he has, or we wouldn't be on page 7 of this thread, he has no way to get AnyDvd to work except format, which, IMHO, is not an option. He is not trying to get "around" the trial from what I can see, he just wants to be able to use the software he paid for without having to do a format. 8)

If it is paid for he has no worries the left over root doesn't interfere with anything except if no key is applied there is no trial, plus if it just doesn't work for him as you said why would he buy it? Not applying anything just don't understand how this tool will help as mentioned if this tool was made hence the deep root registry is still there. The only way is well I won't go there.

If it is paid for he has no worries the left over root doesn't interfere with anything except if no key is applied there is no trial, plus if it just doesn't work for him as you said why would he buy it? Not applying anything just don't understand how this tool will help as mentioned if this tool was made hence the deep root registry is still there. The only way is well I won't go there.

I think i follow you on this and a very good point. I think he purchased AnyDvd and it worked for a bit and now does not work. And since the deep root is still there when he tried to reinstall it shows that it has been on the system before and from what I can tell he is not getting a clean re-install and hence still has the problem of not working. A cleaner would get rid of the deep root reg piece and hopefully let him get a clean install and get it working again. I also can see how this would be used for the bad side of things and thus don't expect there to ever be a "official" release.
I don't know, maybe SlySoft could work with him directly to remove the deep reg part and see if that would work for him?:eek:

I think i follow you on this and a very good point. I think he purchased AnyDvd and it worked for a bit and now does not work. And since the deep root is still there when he tried to reinstall it shows that it has been on the system before and from what I can tell he is not getting a clean re-install and hence still has the problem of not working. A cleaner would get rid of the deep root reg piece and hopefully let him get a clean install and get it working again. I also can see how this would be used for the bad side of things and thus don't expect there to ever be a "official" release.
I don't know, maybe SlySoft could work with him directly to remove the deep reg part and see if that would work for him?:eek:

Honestly all in all that is the best thing he can do and state that he can't do a full reformat so it is known.

The "only" way I have found to completely clean AnyDVD is to edit the registry manually.

When you uninstall the program it asks if you want to keep the info?...you mean so you can keep using the 21 day free trial over and over?...LOL
I don't think that you have read the full thread before posting, if you read all posts by me you will notice that i mention more than once to leave the trial info intact/untouched to prevent users of the trial verison getting another 21 days trial, links below.

http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=11250&postcount=7

http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=11260&postcount=11

http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=12414&postcount=55

Edited by Webslinger:

To blake123,

http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=4
"Posting of Cracks or illegal serial numbers for any program or application in this forum will not be tolerated, Slysoft reserves the right to ban you from posting on this forum for the first infraction."

This includes programs that removes trial period information from Anydvd.

Consider this a warning. :policeman:

Sincerely,

Webslinger

my bad just thought it was a cleaner to get rid of hidden files anydvd leaves.

The "only" way I have found to completely clean AnyDVD is to edit the registry manually.

And yes this would work if you know where to find the hidden entries in the registry. As they are hidden, this makes it very tough to do and most average Joe's don't want to be messing with the registry. So this isn't really an option for most users. :disagree:

And yes this would work if you know where to find the hidden entries in the registry. As they are hidden, this makes it very tough to do and most average Joe's don't want to be messing with the registry. So this isn't really an option for most users. :disagree:

I totally agree with you. Most PC owners should never even look at the registry.
That was the point of my post.

Back