• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

ReClock 1.8.6.6

In both HW configuration TMT3/170 has drop outs while MPC-HC doesn't have any issues with ffdshow.

Thanks.
I assume TMT3 has dropouts even without ReClock?

I assume TMT3 has dropouts even without ReClock?

Have no idea since i can not test it with my current HW but afair it worked with my Ati 5770 (without reclock) very well and,
it worked with my current HW with ReClock 1.8.6.5 on my yesterday trials with this config:

BTW i have to return back to 1.8.6.5 and confirm again but i think not today.
(i suppose i had to adjust inline config to "slave referance to audio" and speed to "original speed".

EDIT: I, on purpose, made this test with problematic HitMan original Blu disc (DTSHD-HR) while any other DTSHD-HR discs i belong has no any issues.
FYI, AnyDVD 6.6.0.3 can not dedect stationary disks. Even ticking on anydvd icon doesn't activate anydvd.
So everytime, you have to reopen and reclose the tray to re-activate it;
BTW.

Last edited:
Yes. I found that hint on the doom9 forums that its currently the only way to get HD bitstreaming on a ASUS Xonar to work. And since i couldn't get it to work with ReClock (default DTS or DD work fine), i tried it, and it worked out of the box.

I could care less for bistreaming if there at least was a codec for DTS-HD MA .. but as it stands now, i would only get the DTS core audio out of those..

Just remember that it doesn't work with 170. The ASRenderer has been changed and afaik, no one's gotten it to work with MPC-HC/ffdshow with the Xonar.

Well, just drop the bitstreaming stupidity and use ReClock the way it was intended - with PCM (!).
I can't for a couple of reasons...

1) The random hangs reclock gives me when resampling is enabled. I noticed from the 1.8.6.5 thread there is another user with what looks to be the same issue.

2) The increased cpu ussage which leads to judder.

So its a catch 22 for me. Bitstreaming with yellow icon and some judder or resampling with worse judder and system hangs. This is why I use bitstreaming and the reason allowing me to choose a wider margin (like resampling users can) to get reclock green would be a god send.

Last edited:
Hi James,

Thanks again for your new version,

Like i said in previous thread, i have again the issue about DD and DTS bitstream with the delay on FFDshow (for me 300 ms)
I don't know if it's related to reclock or FFDshow (it append only with DD and DTS/SPDIF output in FFDshow icon) with all other sound it's OK even in Bitstream HD the delay is here and sound too lol, if i set 0 ms in Delay it's OK.
So i don't know why lol :)

Can you reproduce this or Rica, SamuriHL etc. maybe can try ?

reclock1.png

reclock2.png

ffdshow.png

Cheers,
Seb.

Just remember that it doesn't work with 170. The ASRenderer has been changed and afaik, no one's gotten it to work with MPC-HC/ffdshow with the Xonar.

Yeah i'm using 141 (OEM version that came with the card). No issues except that i have to reinstall it every ReClock update.
The renderer also appears to be limited to bitstream formats, so when i have a decoded stream it'll automatically use ReClock again, which is really nice. Currently only bitstreaming DTS-HD, good that ffdshow has those fine-grained options there. :)

The new option

Well, just drop the bitstreaming stupidity and use ReClock the way it was intended - with PCM (!).

Always hurts to see the developer making fun of my favorite feature of reclock. But anyways, I wonder what the purpose if the new option ""Play media with bitstream audio at original speed" really is. Here is my take on the issue and a simple solution:

1) Reclock generally works great with bitstreams if the display frequency is near an integer multiple of the media frame rate. It adjusts media frame rate to the display frequency and drops and repeats packets if necessary to keep in sync

2) But if the frame rate is not near an integer multiple, there is a slight problem with bitstream audio in reclock. Lets say display refresh is 2.5 times media frame rate. In this case Reclock would still occasionally drop or repeat packets. That's why most people in this case tick the "slave clock" to audio box, to essentially disable reclock.

I was hoping that the new option would prevent the second case from happening and "automatically" put reclock into "slave mode" (or maybe equivalently to play at original speed). But as it is it's an always on setting, so basically it always goes to slave mode if playing bitstream audio. This could be improved by maybe making it a combo box:
1) "Play media with bitstream audio at original speed"
2) "Play media with bitstream audio at original speed if media rate is not near a multiple of refresh rate"
3) "Standard (old Reclock behaviour)"

regards

A question: what kind of renderer setting could be the cause of reclock vsynch correction? In Media Portal in the last release candidate release some kind of update on evr renderer cause this issue. vsynch correction don't work anymore
on a plasma monitor connected .
I attach the logs.
What do you mean "vsynch correction don't work anymore"? Please describe the problem.

vsync correction only works with:

- Overlay mixer
- EVR/VMR9 rendered to an overlay surface as with PDVD (BD only) and TMT (BD & DVD only)
- EVR/VMR9 with D3D exclusive

I can live with the audio drops but not the video judder I see now when playing 23.976 media at a refresh rate multiple of 24 with bitstreaming (I'm using 120hz). Reclock goes yellow and won't go green as you mentioned in the past about bitstreaming having a tighter range than when resampling.

Can you explain what you mean about bitstreaming having a tighter range?

I've only just noticed that the "Max speedup/slowdown" options are only for PCM sources. So how does ReClock decide the maximum values for bitstreaming?

I would have thought that ReClock would work perfectly with your 23.976 source and 120Hz display, since its almost an exact multiple. So what gives?

By the way, I'm another happy bitstreamer (hi James!), and I've never had any problems bitstreaming with ReClock. But I've taken some time to set my refresh rates accurately, which probably helps....

What do you mean "vsynch correction don't work anymore"? Please describe the problem.

- Overlay mixer
- EVR/VMR9 rendered to an overlay surface as with PDVD (BD only) and TMT (BD & DVD only)

And what about madVR?

From what I remember, MadVR has its own (imperfect) vsync code that conflicts with Reclock's. But I don't use it right now so someone else may be better placed to confirm.

Last edited:
Yeah i'm using 141 (OEM version that came with the card). No issues except that i have to reinstall it every ReClock update.
The renderer also appears to be limited to bitstream formats, so when i have a decoded stream it'll automatically use ReClock again, which is really nice. Currently only bitstreaming DTS-HD, good that ffdshow has those fine-grained options there. :)

Let's not forget what James has done for us, too. Without the magic that is ReClock the whole thing would be fairly useless. Being able to bitstream what you want without ReClock "getting in the way" (that's so not accurate but....) and then when doing PCM having ReClock work smoothly is a God send afaic.

Let's not forget what James has done for us, too. Without the magic that is ReClock the whole thing would be fairly useless. Being able to bitstream what you want without ReClock "getting in the way" (that's so not accurate but....) and then when doing PCM having ReClock work smoothly is a God send afaic.
Thanks, but nevcairiel has a point. The "intrusive" features like replacing 3rd party files or modifying the registry to replace the default / PowerDVD render should be made optional during setup.

Thanks, but nevcairiel has a point. The "intrusive" features like replacing 3rd party files or modifying the registry to replace the default / PowerDVD render should be made optional during setup.

Actually, yea, I can totally see that. Quite true.

Can you explain what you mean about bitstreaming having a tighter range?

I've only just noticed that the "Max speedup/slowdown" options are only for PCM sources. So how does ReClock decide the maximum values for bitstreaming?

I would have thought that ReClock would work perfectly with your 23.976 source and 120Hz display, since its almost an exact multiple. So what gives?

By the way, I'm another happy bitstreamer (hi James!), and I've never had any problems bitstreaming with ReClock. But I've taken some time to set my refresh rates accurately, which probably helps....

Sure, James explained a couple of version releases ago that reclock has a tighter rage with regards speeding up and slowing down media when bitstreaming is enabled. This means that while reclock can sucessfully go green when 23.976 media is played at 120hz with resampling it will only go yellow when bitstreaming is used under the same refreash rate. That in short means no vsync.

Its done like this so that audio packet loss is minimised. James has his reasons for doing it that way but I personally wish it were more relaxed with the user having the same control as resampling.

Last edited:
Even with the "Fast Sinc" resampler setting?

In some cases yes unfortunatly. I don't want to make a big issue about this however, its just something I hope could be added to the bottom of your already long to do list if you ever find the time, I personally would find it very useful.

- Overlay mixer

The problem is in Media Portal and Evr (Aero is ON) . Without Aero the vSynch correction never work. Until last Release candidate Media portal and Reclock work fine. The play starts and I could see the cursor move to the target position. Since MP Release candidate 1 do not work . The vSynch cursor do not move anymore to the target position (value 66) and I got the stuttering.
But If I start MP on the other monitor, an LCD 19" 1440x900 as primary monitor even, the Vysnch work fine instead .
If a switch to Vrm9 renderer on both monitor the vSynch correction work fine.

Sure, James explained a couple of version releases ago that reclock has a tighter rage with regards speeding up and slowing down media when bitstreaming is enabled. This means that while reclock can sucessfully go green when 23.976 media is played at 120hz with resampling it will only go yellow when bitstreaming is used under the same refreash rate. That in short means no vsync.

James has his reasons for doing it that way but I personally wish it were more relaxed with the user having the same control as resampling.

So I guess this is a question for James - how does ReClock decide the speedup/slowdown limits for bitstreaming?

As a test, I've just tried bitstreaming a PAL video at 24Hz, with the "PAL SpeedDown" checkbox ticked. In this case ReClock goes green, and happily repeats hundreds of packets to allow for the 4% slowdown (although admittedly it sounds awful...).

So if ReClock can cope with the 4% PAL speeddown, I don't know why it can't cope with a 23.976 source and a 120Hz display?

Back