• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

ReClock 1.8.6.6

James

Redfox Development Team
Staff member
Watching PAL DVDs?
Here's why you need ReClock: http://www.schmidt-web.info/malte/english.html
(unfortunately the sound examples were removed from the site... :( )

http://sandbox.slysoft.com/beta/SetupReClock1866.exe

Note:
* ReClock must be installed *after* PowerDVD or Arcsoft TMT 3
* Whenever PowerDVD or Arcsoft TMT 3 is updated or reinstalled, ReClock must be reinstalled
* ReClock replaces the ASAudioRenderer.dll in the TMT 3.0 Codec directory. A backup ASAudioRenderer_bak.dll will be created. Do not delete this file, it is required!

1.8.6.6 - 20/03/2010
* New: Added support for PowerDVD 10
* Fix: Option "Play media with bitstream audio at original speed" didn't work as expected
* Change: This option is renamed to "Disable media speed correction with bitstream audio (recommended)"
* Change: Default settings of some options

Source code for GPL'ed code is available here:
http://oss.slysoft.com/ReClock/

Phew! Looks like we're on a roll here. Thanks for the new release.

I am just curious about one thing though; why MadVR is grouped with Overlay, VMR7, etc. with VSync Correction enabled by default?

Last edited:
Thanks for the new release james.

Looks like the new bitstream option is working now however reclock is now broken when that new feature is not active. Reclock is showing that it is no longer dropping audio packets when it should to keep bitstream audio in sync with media.

Thanks for the new release james.

Looks like the new bitstream option is working now however reclock is now broken when that new feature is not active. Reclock is showing that it is no longer dropping audio packets when it should to keep bitstream audio in sync with media.

Hmm, works for me. :confused:

Hmm, works for me. :confused:

I have tried again and it is working, sorry about that. I forgot that I had reclock set to output to analogue speakers which was stereo (from back of pc). Once I corrected that to go to my amp via digital it worked.

I'm currently scratching my head a little about the way you have implemented this new option and why its recomended. From how I see it your going to get lipsync issues unless you have a perfect refresh rate and no vsync unless you have a perfect matching refresh rate. Maybe there is a good reason that i'm not seeing for why you have done it this way. I would say its more understandable to do the following.... Rename the new option to 'Never drop or repeat bitstream audio packets' and still allow for media speed adaptation (which of couse the user would need to make sure the refresh rate is perfect or real close). This way users can take advantage of the option and vsync if they can get the refresh rate really close but not exact. Does that make sence?

If your going to keep it as it is I suggest when the new bitstream option is enabled to force tick and grey out the locked box and maybe show the video framerate in the speed pulldown option (while its greyed out also). This is in the media adaptation portion of reclock properties but I'm sure you know that already.

I also have a future feature suggestion/wish, Its just that so I'm only going to mention it once and keep my fingers crossed. Would it be possible to add on the video settings page the same slowdown and speedup options for bitstreaming that you have already for PCM audio. I would find that very helpful.

Thanks, James. I'll play with this tomorrow. Sitting at the airport right now with a delayed flight trying to get home. Can't wait to get back to my HTPC. :D

Could we possibly get an option to disable the TMT3 integration during setup?

I basically just install TMT3 to get the ArcSoft Audio Renderer so i can use it in MPC-HC for bitstreaming - and if it overwrites it, it defeats that purpose.

Otherwise, if anyone knows how to get DTS-HD or TrueHD bitstreaming with a ASUS Xonar HDAV1.3 and ReClock alone, i would be happy as well - but some information i found suggests that its currently only possible with the ArcSoft Renderer.

It should be obvious, but, install TMT3 after ReClock. ;)

Well sure, but ReClock gets updated more often then i want to reinstall TMT3. ;)

I'm using that workaround right now, fwiw. Just uninstalling and re-installing TMT3 everytime i feel like upgrading ReClock.

Phew! Looks like we're on a roll here. Thanks for the new release.

I am just curious about one thing though; why MadVR is grouped with Overlay, VMR7, etc. with VSync Correction enabled by default?

MadVR? I can't see MadVR in any tab of the ReClock options... Where is it?

Simpler is you could just rename the original renderer back.

Simpler is you could just rename the original renderer back.

I tried that, it didn't work. Whenever i did that, MPC-HC would just freeze, however when i reinstalled TMT3 completly and re-registered the renderer, it worked again.

Something else is going on there, more then just the file replacement.

A question: what kind of renderer setting could be the cause of reclock vsynch correction? In Media Portal in the last release candidate release some kind of update on evr renderer cause this issue. vsynch correction don't work anymore
on a plasma monitor connected .
I attach the logs.

Attachments

• reclock.zip
    12.8 KB · Views: 3
I basically just install TMT3 to get the ArcSoft Audio Renderer so i can use it in MPC-HC for bitstreaming - and if it overwrites it, it defeats that purpose.

Huh? You use the ArcSoft Audio Renderer in MPC? Are you sure about that? Not the ArcSoft Audio Codec?

I'm currently scratching my head a little about the way you have implemented this new option and why its recomended. From how I see it your going to get lipsync issues unless you have a perfect refresh rate and no vsync unless you have a perfect matching refresh rate.
No. ReClock is basically completely switched off while bitstreaming. It will do nothing (except keep adjust sync on startup), and I see no reason why audio / video would drift out of sync during play.

I also have a future feature suggestion/wish, Its just that so I'm only going to mention it once and keep my fingers crossed. Would it be possible to add on the video settings page the same slowdown and speedup options for bitstreaming that you have already for PCM audio. I would find that very helpful.
Why? You would only get frequently dropped (or repeated) audio packets.

EDIT:
If you want a setting where you can adjust when ReClock duplicates / drops packets, it is already there (Bitstream latency). The 5% default is probably a little small (25ms at 500ms default buffer size), maybe 10% would be better.

Last edited:
Why? You would only get frequently dropped (or repeated) audio packets.

I can live with the audio drops but not the video judder I see now when playing 23.976 media at a refresh rate multiple of 24 with bitstreaming (I'm using 120hz). Reclock goes yellow and won't go green as you mentioned in the past about bitstreaming having a tighter range than when resampling. I just figured the user having the option to widen that range with bitstreaming would help those anonoying people like me.

I'm one of those people with excellent eye responce but not so good hearing (I pay now for decade lifestyle of professional DJ in my younger years). Trying to tell me that CD is a better media than Vinyl to store music just does not compute in my brain. On the visual side anything below 60hz and my eyes will see the flicker, plasma phospor trailing haunts me. I once spotted a deal pixel on a 42inch LCD from over 3 metres away and that was while watching SD tv. What I'm saying is that I can be quite happy with 100 audio packet drops every 15 minutes but that 1 framedrop will haunt me.

I'm one of those people with excellent eye responce but not so good hearing (I pay now for decade lifestyle of professional DJ in my younger years).
Well, just drop the bitstreaming stupidity and use ReClock the way it was intended - with PCM (!).

Huh? You use the ArcSoft Audio Renderer in MPC? Are you sure about that? Not the ArcSoft Audio Codec?

Yes. I found that hint on the doom9 forums that its currently the only way to get HD bitstreaming on a ASUS Xonar to work. And since i couldn't get it to work with ReClock (default DTS or DD work fine), i tried it, and it worked out of the box.

I could care less for bistreaming if there at least was a codec for DTS-HD MA .. but as it stands now, i would only get the DTS core audio out of those..

Yes. I found that hint on the doom9 forums that its currently the only way to get HD bitstreaming on a ASUS Xonar to work. And since i couldn't get it to work with ReClock (default DTS or DD work fine), i tried it, and it worked out of the box.

I could care less for bistreaming if there at least was a codec for DTS-HD MA .. but as it stands now, i would only get the DTS core audio out of those..
Ah! That makes sense.

Hi James, first of all thanks for your great effort.
You are the guy who makes me force always to do my homework :)

Here are some test results from Intel side:

1) i3 540/ H55 combo + nVidia 9600 GTX (audio over intel team via HDMI, video over nVidia via DVI to HDMI. (AVR is Denon 1910 btw)

2) i3 540/H55 combo (audio and video over intel stuff via HDMI)

Same result:

Here is my ReClock bitstreaming config:

And here is the ReClock bitstreaming result:

In both HW configuration TMT3/170 has drop outs while MPC-HC doesn't have any issues with ffdshow.

Thanks.

Back