• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

ReClock 1.8.6.6

James, I may have found a bug with the latest reclock at least.

Playing back a 25fps DVD, with hardware de-interlacing enabled, I expect it to play at 50.0hz.

I get 50.0hz only without reclock. With reclock in the chain, it still detects the video stream as 25.000 fps and mpc-hc therefore drops exactly half of the frames it gets.

Here is the info from reclock properties when these DVDs are playing and being de-interlaced.

Video stream: 25.000 fps, 720x576i, NV12 12 bits

Is there any reclock setting that can cause this or is there a software bug somewhere?

I'm using reclock as the audio device in mpc-hc, and using ffdshow video to simply output nv12 so that I can get hardware de-interlacing. Nothing special other than this really.
No bug. That's the way it is. If de-interlacing is done in hardware, how should ReClock know or see this?

Ah ok. I guess the fact that something like mpc-hc can see the rate change from 25->50 I thought reclock should also see it.

I used to be able to have hardware de-interlacing play perfectly at 50fps in the past though with reclock in the chain. Ill go back a few versions and confirm.

EDIT: AHH I see whats happening, because reclock doesn't know about the rate change in this case, it isn't setting the refresh rate using the vbs script, therefore mpc-hc is going and dropping loads of frames...... Thanks James, I'll go try and find a way around this :)

Last edited:
Doesn't matter.

what do you mean it doesnt matter...then what does that button do???

Mono to both channels, means what?

Oh, and one more question...upsampling, what does it use SRC or SOX? or something else....?

Thank you in advance for answering my stupid questions:bowdown:

what do you mean it doesnt matter...then what does that button do???

Mono to both channels, means what?
The option is called "output mono sources to both front channels", and I really don't know what else I could say. It doesn't matter for stereo sources - that was your question, wasn't it?

Oh, and one more question...upsampling, what does it use SRC or SOX? or something else....?
Something else ("pimped" libresample):
http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=37493

The option is called "output mono sources to both front channels", and I really don't know what else I could say. It doesn't matter for stereo sources - that was your question, wasn't it?

Sorry for bothering you so much but when I read output mono sources to both front channels I am thinking it takes a stereo left/right signal makes it mono and feeds a "mono" signal to each speaker....in this way there is NO stereo left/right signal anymore but two identical signals for the left and right speakers. I am really not trying annoy you on purpose with this...or maybe I am just showing how much of an idiot I am, I dont know but either way somehow "output mono sources to both front channels" is just not intuitive to me.

You said that it did not matter if it was selected or not, does this mean that the feature is not functional? If the results are the same whether it is selected or not.

Thank you Sir for your patience.

Last edited:
You've got that completely and totally backwards. It does NOT affect stereo sources at all. It does EXACTLY what it says it does...which is to take a MONO source and duplicate the channel to left and right stereo. That's it. That's all it does.

I have found in the past that many efforts to fix vsync related judder are half-baked, do not work as well as Reclock and, for good measure, stop Reclock from working. MadVR vsync correction, for example, is only partially effective and still, sometimes, you need to re-seek to stop judder.

So, what do you recommend if using both madVR and ReClock? Enable ReClock's VSync correction or disable it and let madVR control VSync?

You've got that completely and totally backwards. It does NOT affect stereo sources at all. It does EXACTLY what it says it does...which is to take a MONO source and duplicate the channel to left and right stereo. That's it. That's all it does.

Thats all I wanted to know...a straight answer for an honest question.

Thank you so much kind Sir/Mam/Person...

So, what do you recommend if using both madVR and ReClock? Enable ReClock's VSync correction or disable it and let madVR control VSync?
The honest answer is I can't remember as I haven't used it in a while. I would expect it to stop Reclock moving its vsync target. So using it with Reclock vsync correction would cause Reclock to keep running its frame rate a little fast or slow trying vainly to do so and so leading to "rolling sync", with a burst of judder every 20-60 secs. This is what normally happens. So you probably have to live with what MadVR does itself. But it might be worth testing by watching some rolling credits fot a few minutes with Reclock vsync active.

The honest answer is I can't remember as I haven't used it in a while. I would expect it to stop Reclock moving its vsync target. So using it with Reclock vsync correction would cause Reclock to keep running its frame rate a little fast or slow trying vainly to do so and so leading to "rolling sync", with a burst of judder every 20-60 secs. This is what normally happens. So you probably have to live with what MadVR does itself. But it might be worth testing by watching some rolling credits fot a few minutes with Reclock vsync active.

Ok, I'll make some tests on what you've said then. Thanks Jong!

I am new to Reclock so I am sorry if these are dumb questions.

I managed to get decoded PCM HD audio from TMT3 on my Clarkdale system but I still have issues.

Video appears fine but the audio has drop outs and repeats, kind of like small stutters.

I also question whether WASAPI is working as it should. I did not realize that I had Windows set up for two channel audio. After I had a hard time getting multichannel on my receiver, I checked Window's sound settings and saw that it was configured for stereo. After I configured Windows to use 5.1, I finally got multichannel on my receiver. I had thought that WASAPI bypassed Windows in this regard and sent the audio directly to the receiver? Am i wrong?

So, any suggestions on the skipped and repeated audio and on whether WASAPI is working correctly for me?

Thank you.

James, i know i'm a boring guy but i must say with my above HW, i have to restart my PC or at least log off > log on again while passing from lossy/lossless formats to PCM.
Why?
For instance when i restart i can open THD, DTS-HD and get sound both of them but i can not get get any audio from PCM.
If i restart or re-login, i get the sound from PCM this time with the same config and i loose lossy/lossless formats' sound this time. :bang:

MPC?
Might be related to this problem, MPC doesn't seem to shut down ReClock properly:
http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=39276

Thanks.
Previous versions of ReClock don't seem to have issues with MPC.
But anyway, it is enough for me James:
Maybe it is that previous versions of MPC don't have problems with ReClock? :rolleyes:

best solution

Can you explain what you mean about bitstreaming having a tighter range?

I've only just noticed that the "Max speedup/slowdown" options are only for PCM sources. So how does ReClock decide the maximum values for bitstreaming?

I would have thought that ReClock would work perfectly with your 23.976 source and 120Hz display, since its almost an exact multiple. So what gives?

By the way, I'm another happy bitstreamer (hi James!), and I've never had any problems bitstreaming with ReClock. But I've taken some time to set my refresh rates accurately, which probably helps....

I think that having a separate "Max speedup/slowdown" option for PCM and Bitstream would be the best solution. Even better than by proposed combobox. If the speedup/slowdown is outside the specified margin for bitstreaming, reclock should just play at original speed (or even just slave to audio clock).

This way everybody would be happy!

Thank you for the PowerDVD 10 support! However it does not seem to work with PowerDVD 10 Cinema mode powerdvdcinema10.exe. It does not load :/

PowerDVDCinema9 works fine though.

Thank you for the PowerDVD 10 support! However it does not seem to work with PowerDVD 10 Cinema mode powerdvdcinema10.exe. It does not load :/

It certainly does here. :confused:
Check your application settings in ReClock advanced settings.

Back