• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

ReClock 1.8.6.6

The problem is in Media Portal and Evr (Aero is ON) . Without Aero the vSynch correction never work. Until last Release candidate Media portal and Reclock work fine. The play starts and I could see the cursor move to the target position. Since MP Release candidate 1 do not work . The vSynch cursor do not move anymore to the target position (value 66) and I got the stuttering.
But If I start MP on the other monitor, an LCD 19" 1440x900 as primary monitor even, the Vysnch work fine instead .
If a switch to Vrm9 renderer on both monitor the vSynch correction work fine.
Sorry I am still unsure what you are saying.

Are you saying:

- vsync correction used to work without Aero, but now you have to enable Aero for it to work?

- Or vsync correction used to work with Aero, but now it does not?

Sorry I am still unsure what you are saying.

Are you saying:

- vsync correction used to work without Aero, but now you have to enable Aero for it to work?

- Or vsync correction used to work with Aero, but now it does not?

Maybe my english is poor. I'm so sorry.
Try to explain again.
Since I use reclock and MP i have to set ON Aero to let vsync correction work fine. With Aero OFF + EVR vsync correction never work. never.
Since last MP RC1 + Reclock the vsync correction do not work anymore with or without Aero on the plasma (hdmi connected). Still working on both monitor if I use Vmr9 and still working on the LCD 19" monitor using evr dvi/vga connection). The logs can help you to understand the issue?

Until Media portal RC1
==================
Lcd 19" 1440x900 75HZ (Primary monitor) Evr + Aero Off : vSynch correction never work
Panasonic 37" 1280x720 50HZ (Primary monitor) Evr + Aero Off : vSynch correction never work
Lcd 19" 1440x900 75HZ (Primary monitor) Evr + Aero On : vSynch correction Ok
Panasonic 37" 1280x720 50HZ (Primary monitor) Evr + Aero On : vSynch correction Ok

Since Media portal RC1
==================
Panasonic 37" 1280x720 50HZ (Primary monitor) Evr + Aero On : vSynch correction do not work anymore
Lcd 19" 1440x900 75HZ (Primary monitor) Vmr9 + Aero On : vSynch correction Ok
Panasonic 37" 1280x720 50HZ (Primary monitor) Vmr9 + Aero On : vSynch correction Ok

Last edited:
Try to explain again.
Since I use reclock and MP i have to set ON Aero to let vsync correction work fine. With Aero OFF + EVR vsync correction never work. never.
Since last MP RC1 + Reclock the vsync correction do not work anymore with or without Aero on the plasma (hdmi connected). Still working on both monitor if I use Vmr9 and still working on the LCD 19" monitor using evr dvi/vga connection). The logs can help you to understand the issue?

You have a really weird situation. In my experiance aero=stutter, esp when using 2 monitors that are not set to matching refresh rates. As a rule I always make sure aero is off when watching media.

I think Im right in saying that under normal situation any EVR mode will fight against reclocks vsync. This is not a bad thing however providing you have reclock target vsync position above where EVR wants it. This is what I see here at least, the vsync position reported by reclocks OSD will not go to my target set which is near the top of the screen. EVR is trying to pull the target vsync lower while reclock is trying to pull it higher. The end result is a stable vsync position somewhere in the middle. If you set reclcocks vsync position lower that where EVR is wanting it then you'll get stutter.

Of course if I use VMR9, overlay or Haali then reclock will always get its way where vsync is concerned.

What I suggest is to enable reclocks OSD and look where vsync is reported and see if its stable, then use shift+ctrl+alt+f11 / f12 and make sure reclocks target vsync position is above that point. See if that helps.

Last edited:
Try to explain again.

Until Media portal RC1
==================
Lcd 19" 1440x900 75HZ (Primary monitor) Evr + Aero Off : vSynch correction never work
Panasonic 37" 1280x720 50HZ (Primary monitor) Evr + Aero Off : vSynch correction never work
Panasonic 37" 1280x720 50HZ (Primary monitor) Evr + Aero On : vSynch correction Ok

Since Media portal RC1
==================
Panasonic 37" 1280x720 50HZ (Primary monitor) Evr + Aero On : vSynch correction do not work anymore
Lcd 19" 1440x900 75HZ (Primary monitor) Vmr9 + Aero On : vSynch correction Ok
Panasonic 37" 1280x720 50HZ (Primary monitor) Vmr9 + Aero On : vSynch correction Ok

You have a really weird situation. In my experiance aero=stutter, esp when using 2 monitors that are not set to matching refresh rates.

I think Im right in saying that under normal situation any EVR mode will fight against reclocks vsync. This is not a bad thing however providing you have reclock target vsync position above where EVR wants it. This is what I see here at least, the vsync position reported by reclocks OSD will not go to my target set which is near the top of the screen. EVR is trying to pull the target vsync lower while reclock is trying to pull it higher. The end result is a stable vsync position somewhere in the middle. If you set reclcocks vsync position lower that where EVR is wanting it then you'll get stutter.

Of course if I use VMR9, overlay or Haali then reclock will always get its way where vsync is concerned.

What I suggest is to enable reclocks OSD and look where vsync is reported and see if its stable, then use shift+ctrl+alt+f11 / f12 and make sure reclocks target vsync position is above that point. See if that helps.
I have not done much testing using Reclock vsync correction with Aero on. Generally I would say Aero is unhelpful, at the very least adding latency, when you have a well controlled renderer which controls vsync well (eg. using Reclock).

However, I had noticed recently that, with mpc-hc, Reclock vsync correction does work with Aero on, using the mpc-hc "EVR sync" renderer or "EVR CP", when their own vsync control is turned OFF, but NOT with their vsync options turned on, OR with the standard EVR renderer.

So with EVR it does depend on how it is set up - whether the player is using its own EVR Custom Presenter, or the Windows "standard" and, if it is a Custom Presenter, how it is set up.

I have found in the past that many efforts to fix vsync related judder are half-baked, do not work as well as Reclock and, for good measure, stop Reclock from working. MadVR vsync correction, for example, is only partially effective and still, sometimes, you need to re-seek to stop judder. EVR sync renderer in mpc-hc actually does what it does very well; ar-jar really knows his stuff, when it comes to vsync, he just does not have Reclock's code to make big changes in refresh rate (principally, I would guess the resampler). However, the best option, which can totally eliminate judder if refresh rate and frame rate are very close to being compatible (23.976 @~23.976Hz or ~59.940Hz, but NOT even @24hz or 60Hz) fights horribly with Reclock (awful judder), so it cannot be used even with Reclock vsync correction OFF! The weaker of EVR sync's vsync methods is still not compatible with Reclock vsync correction, but is compatible with Reclock changing media speed. however, it only reduces judder, it does not totally eliminate it. So EVR sync can fix judder as long as you do not use Reclock at all and have a compatible refresh rate and frame rate. Or it can reduce judder if you need to use Reclock to change media speed eg. 23.976fps to 24Hz or 25Hz, but Reclock vsync correction must be OFF! Only Reclock can completely fix judder in all the above situations, but for that to happen EVR sync renderer's vsync options must ALL be OFF (and D3D or Aero ON). So you can see how the way vsync is implemented in an EVR CP can effect whether Reclock can be used at all let alone whether Reclock vsync correction can be used!

It sounds like MP is probably using its own CP and has changed its settings, maybe in an attempt to improve vsync. i think you need to raise it with them. Maybe there should be an option to turn off MP vsync control, for those using Reclock?

Last edited:
It sounds like MP is probably using its own CP and has changed its settings, maybe in an attempt to improve vsync. i think you need to raise it with them. Maybe there should be an option to turn off MP vsync control, for those using Reclock?

Thanks Jong

So if ReClock can cope with the 4% PAL speeddown, I don't know why it can't cope with a 23.976 source and a 120Hz display?

ReClock can only cope with PAL speed down if you DO NOT bitstream.

Like i said in previous thread, i have again the issue about DD and DTS bitstream with the delay on FFDshow (for me 300 ms)
I don't know if it's related to reclock or FFDshow (it append only with DD and DTS/SPDIF output in FFDshow icon) with all other sound it's OK even in Bitstream HD the delay is here and sound too lol, if i set 0 ms in Delay it's OK.
So i don't know why lol :)

Can you reproduce this or Rica, SamuriHL etc. maybe can try ?

Seb.

Hi seb, i gave it a go with DD and DTS and had no any sync issues which made me force to put an audio delay. (left it zero as is)

BTW i stick with the 3285.

best.

James thanks one more time; you fixed THD seeking issue on THD streams.
I'll report to albain and the others :rock:

That's not what my tests showed...

Check the repeated packets. Use your ears (you won't hear any pitch change, because there isn't one :rolleyes:). Trust me, it does *not* work.

EDIT: If you can't use HDMI PCM output (SPDIF?) consider using the AC3 encoder. It *does* work with PAL speed down.

Last edited:
James thanks one more time; you fixed THD seeking issue on THD streams.
I'll report to albain and the others :rock:

Huh? I'm quite sure I didn't fix anything in this regard. :confused:

Check the repeated packets. Use your ears (you won't hear any pitch change, because there isn't one :rolleyes:). Trust me, it does *not* work.

EDIT: If you can't use HDMI PCM output (SPDIF?) consider using the AC3 encoder. It *does* work with PAL speed down.

I think we're talking at cross-purposes....

I understand that PAL speed-down won't change the pitch when bitstreaming. Instead it will repeat 4% of the audio packets, while the video is slowed down by 4%. (as shown in my previous screenshot).

But I don't understand why Razoola can't use ReClock for bitstreaming with a 120Hz display and a 23.976 source. 120Hz is almost an exact multiple of 23.976, so ReClock would only have to drop or repeat a few packets. Razoola thought it was because ReClock used a tighter range when bitstreaming, but my test showed that ReClock still works when the speed is 4% off.

So my question remains - how does ReClock decide on the speedup/slowdown limits when bitstreaming? And why doesn't it work for Razoola?

Hi seb, i gave it a go with DD and DTS and had no any sync issues which made me force to put an audio delay. (left it zero as is)

BTW i stick with the 3285.

best.

Hi Rica ;)

I have a lipsync issue (it comes from my AVR) so Alabain add this feature (Delay on Bitstream Audio, like exist for Analog.)

So i use this option to correct lipsync (My avr HDMI 1.3 etc. doesn't correct it very)

And if i set for example 1ms, i have no sound on DD and DTS (spdif) but if the audio renderer is Reclock if i set 0 and/or use Bitstream HD -> It's Ok.

Could you put 1 ms to see if it broke too ?

For THD issue, Albain fix it in 3218 :)
Revision 3318 - Directory Listing
Modified Mon Mar 15 20:00:23 2010 UTC (9 days, 3 hours ago) by albain

HD audio : TrueHD seeking fix (implemented onSeek method on bitstream codec)

But with Reclock, the THD 2.0 works great too, the only way to do it is to use ATI HDMI renderer (with direct sound it doesn't)

The only step to the perfect Reclock :) is to see if it's on Reclock side or FFDshow side lol.

With FFDshow and directsound -> it's work, i must try with ATI HDMI Output (i'm not in front of my HTPC but of memory it worked too).

Cheers,
Seb.

Hi seb, i don't have any lipsync issue and i don't need to put any audio delay.
But for testing i put 1 ms and sound had gone.
But if i don't need why do i force ffdshow to put an audio delay?

BTW thanks for the info; i didn't know albain fixed THD seeking issue on 3318.
But as you know my version is 3285 :)

I'll give it a go with 3318 as well even i have issues with newer versions of ffdshow.

PS: I should have said i'm not with Ati anymore; i3/H55 combo+nVidia card. I get audio over Clarkdale via HDMI to HDMI > AVR and video over nVidia via DVI to HDMI > TV.
_ _ _

Last edited:
James, i know i'm a boring guy but i must say with my above HW, i have to restart my PC or at least log off > log on again while passing from lossy/lossless formats to PCM.
Why?
For instance when i restart i can open THD, DTS-HD and get sound both of them but i can not get get any audio from PCM.
If i restart or re-login, i get the sound from PCM this time with the same config and i loose lossy/lossless formats' sound this time. :bang:

Last edited:
Hi seb, i don't have any lipsync issue and i don't need to put any audio delay.
But for testing i put 1 ms and sound had gone.
But if i don't need why do i force ffdshow to put an audio delay?

BTW thanks for the info; i didn't know albain fixed THD seeking issue on 3318.
But as you know my version is 3285 :)

I'll give it a go with 3318 as well even i have issues with newer versions of ffdshow.

PS: I should have said i'm not with Ati anymore; i3/H55 combo+nVidia card. I get audio over Clarkdale via HDMI to HDMI > AVR and video over nVidia via DVI to HDMI > TV.
_ _ _

Hi Rica :)

Ah yes, i have bad read on your version, so Maybe the renderer change something too for THD :)

Ok so you confirm me that you have also the issue when enable the delay :)
Thanks you,
Seb.

Format Mono to both channels button

How should this be checked if I want regular stereo?

James, I may have found a bug with the latest reclock at least.

Playing back a 25fps DVD, with hardware de-interlacing enabled, I expect it to play at 50.0hz.

I get 50.0hz only without reclock. With reclock in the chain, it still detects the video stream as 25.000 fps and mpc-hc therefore drops exactly half of the frames it gets.

Here is the info from reclock properties when these DVDs are playing and being de-interlaced.

Video stream: 25.000 fps, 720x576i, NV12 12 bits

Is there any reclock setting that can cause this or is there a software bug somewhere?

I'm using reclock as the audio device in mpc-hc, and using ffdshow video to simply output nv12 so that I can get hardware de-interlacing. Nothing special other than this really.

Last edited:
Back