• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

ReClock 1.8.6.1

* New: VBS scripts are started from a separate thread, playback will not

James, just wanted to add my thanks for making this feature available (and so quickly too). It seems to be working perfectly for me, removing all of the stutter I was getting before. I haven't even needed to use the new registry values either, although it probably wouldn't do any harm to try them :)

Tragically though, I now seem to be getting audio dropouts every few seconds with 1.8.6.1 that I wasn't getting with any earlier version, but more testing is needed before I'm sure - I've been faffing about with the system so much that I think it's probably time for a fresh start.

Ok, here's a log of my problem. I'm using all default settings, apart from:
- timestretching is disabled
- set matching speaker config is enabled
- logging is enabled

My system is XP SP3, with the sound going HDMI into my amp via an ATI 4550 HD. The media software is gbpvr, with ac3filter handling decoding duties, passing everything to Reclock as PCM.

I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling Reclock, reset its settings, etc, to no avail. If I return to 1.8.6.0 it's all ok again though. Any suggestions for how to fix it greatly appreciated! And sorry if I've found a bug :D

Attachments

• reclock_log.zip
    5.8 KB · Views: 1
hi James, maybe you wanna a look at this(possibly try it on a sandbox test machine): http://forum.doom9.org/showpost.php?p=1365058&postcount=11393

apparently they've bundled Reclock b48 w/ some avisynth scripting, and it would be able to do uber-smooth 60Hz upsampling in any given player?

I've also emailed the SRC coder(better talk to God than to his saints ^^), to ask him if he really thought that it was such a big of a deal to use it in Reclock...when it's been there since forever, and that he even helped yesgrey to build it..so I think that link you posted is way overreacting over a sensitive issue :eek:

having SRC/libresample cohabitating would only do good to the Reclock community and offer free publicity to its coder..win-win!

your resampler was OK on lossless stereo music, but I can try to use TotalRecorder and let you hear the difference on surround processed stereo(from lossy 5.1), there's a HUGE difference between your resampler and SRC in 24/192 :doh: ...stereo phase seems down the drain and the out-of-phase sound is muffled and really ugly, but well I might just be the only one who cares about uber-SQ in Reclock(why fix if it ain't broken yoannletroll.gif), so I'm sorry to be stepping in again on this rather odd (non-)issue mzarella.gif

or if you could please possibly give simple instructions to compile the new code for SRC(yesgrey told me he wouldn't know how to do it)...as long as it's not bundled w/ Reclock, Slysoft's honor is fine! my conscience tells me that it's perfectly fine to use SRC because it sounds damn good to my ears, lucky me :p

once I won't be an unemployed chump anymore, I would even donate for SRC w/o a doubt.

anyway, if you think that this shouldn't be discussed any further..I'll amend it accordingly, and STFU once and for all. thank you for your patience, I truly appreciate it!

Last edited:
ok, here's a pseudo-binaural 2 minutes stereo downmix from the amazing tornado scene in "The Lucky Ones": http://www.mediafire.com/?gzdzzmwkyvu

it's using Ozone4 and a custom mixing matrix, file is 16/48 32float(downmixed from a 384kbits 5.1 AC3 file)...I've muxed it in a dummy 720p 23.976fps MKV so you could easily compare(need to use HMS for 32float PCM in MKV, though). I watch all my movies like this, and it sounds astonishing in 24/192 Reclock/excellent SRC! :eek:

if you have stereo headphones(or speakers for that matter) around, you could try to play it in 24/192 Reclock b58 and b61...and would prolly hear exactly what I'm saying, SRC forgives lossy audio to great extend and makes it very enjoyable louisledeboucheur.gif

Last edited:
I find it rather ironic that Slysoft makes a living over cracking BD protections(this would usually make the FBI knock on your door :D), but can't sleep at night when slightly breaking a GPL licence
You are comparing two very different things, but in case you cannot see the difference, here it is:
BD protections: these protections (from Multi M$ companies) limit the usage of people that legitimately buy a Blu-ray movie. They want to hear their lossless soundtracks, but they cannot without all that PAP crap. These protections are created to avoid piracy, but they also do not allow a legit user of using what he has payed for. Also, a user should have the right of backing up their movies for which he payed for. If one disc get scratched, I'm sure it would not be substituted, and that's bad.
SRC: the author of it has spent hundreds (if not more) of hours coding and released the code under GPL licensing. He is not asking money for people to use its code, he just wants the GPL licensing to be respected.

This being said, the GPL rule in question is not an easy one, because the GPL licensing is not clear about it, so, the last word should come from the author's code. Personally, I do not agree with such a strict view of it, but I respect who has a different view of it.
He's not limiting anyone who have spent money with his product, he just wants people who use his work to play by his rules, and that's what me and James are doing.:agree:

if you could please possibly give simple instructions to compile the new code for SRC(yesgrey told he wouldn't know how to do it)
I have not said that I would not know how to compile it, I said I would not know how to make the SRC code work within the new multi-threading scheme, but I will not do anything SRC related in reclock without its author consent. ffdshow is a different thing, though, because it's fully GPL.

You are comparing two very different things, but in case you cannot see the difference.
you can spin it any way you want it, it's far more illegal to crack a BD than slighty break a GPL licence(that the author is well aware of and doesn't care at all)...haha, circular logic at work("good guys" <> "bad guys") :D

anyhow, some simple instructions to compile SRC to work in b61 wouldn't do any harm to anyone and would be greatly appreciated...it's about time I'd compile my own stuff anyway, never really liked depending on ppl for stuff I could do myself :bowdown:

you can spin it any way you want it, it's far more illegal to crack a BD than slighty break a GPL licence...
You so totally miss the point. Yesgrey3 explained it quite well.

anyhow, some simple instructions to compile SRC to work in b61 wouldn't do any harm to anyone and would be greatly appreciated...it's about time I'd compile my own stuff anyway, never really liked depending on ppl for stuff I could do myself :bowdown:

http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=242233&postcount=51

Ok, here's a log of my problem. I'm using all default settings, apart from:
- timestretching is disabled
- set matching speaker config is enabled
- logging is enabled

My system is XP SP3, with the sound going HDMI into my amp via an ATI 4550 HD. The media software is gbpvr, with ac3filter handling decoding duties, passing everything to Reclock as PCM.

I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling Reclock, reset its settings, etc, to no avail. If I return to 1.8.6.0 it's all ok again though. Any suggestions for how to fix it greatly appreciated! And sorry if I've found a bug :D
This is really weird. What happens if you use Waveout instead of DSound as output device?

You so totally miss the point. Yesgrey3 explained it quite well.
yeah ok I get it, breaking GPL is bad when you're a good guy..but breaking a media protection is perfectly fine, because -even if it's protected all around the world w/ zillion patents- it's meant to enrich the bad guys...I get it! I have to admit that it makes a lot more sense to me now that I've repeated it several times in my head.
ok, thanks! I didn't see your EDIT...I'll try to figure out how the hell I could compile the damn thing now :eek:

and maybe you could compare my MKV file on headphones and you'd hear exactly what I've been talking about all along? :bowdown:

PS: and the feature you were mentioning about allowing different output sample rates for different players, is that still planned for a future update? zytradance.gif

Last edited:
Gosh, this argument on GPL has gone too far; just enjoy being able to use b60 with SRC, ReClock is free and not GPL after all, so it's all down to what road the author wants the development to take. Maybe if you showed respect to the author of SRC from the start and just kindly asked James to, say, switch to an architecture that allows generic 3rd-party plugins for ReClock in the future, you might have gotten it one day... 8)

If it was not for GPL we wouldn't have so many great programs around anyway, so while I also think sometimes things are taken a bit too extreme (heck, if you want to interpret GPL the way some people do, ffdshow too is breaking it because it opens the possibility of GPL code being used in a closed player, as it's actually a library and not a standalone program :D), sometimes you've got to let go and be happy with what you're offered.

PS: your binaural mixing is impressive! But for real immersion I still prefer my 6.0 speakers by far... ;)
When you say libresample destroys surround sound, do you mean native surround sound, or surround sound passed through your binaural mix?

sometimes you've got to let go and be happy with what you're offered.
[..]
your binaural mixing is impressive! But for real immersion I still prefer my 6.0 speakers by far...
[..]
When you say libresample destroys surround sound, do you mean native surround sound, or surround sound passed through your binaural mix?
1) enough is never enough! madshi would agree, he's even worse than me on that 8)

2) sure is(to me at least)...what headphones/amp did you try it on?

you talk about surround speakers, do you apply any room correction EQ?

3) surround, whatever native binaural(like you can find on some BD's) or my own 3D-ish stereo downmixes...it sounds horrid through the new resampler, does that mean all the other Reclock users have wooden ears, or crappy sound systems? or both priareos.gif

anyway, I understand it's a case of the world Vs me...I'll stick to b58, and let you guys work out what's best for you...catch you on the next wave! pato%20el%20canardo.gif

Last edited:
I set up a couple of batch files on my desktop to quickly rename the reclock folder and then launch the virtualised file that you uploaded.

With reclock set up for 32/192 (upgraded audio drivers now accept 32-int via WASAPI) outputting 24/192 over the analogue connection from the back of the onboard soundcard into a 3.5mm>RCA adapter, over 2x10m RCA cables into an RCA>3.5mm adapter into a headphone extension cable, into an in-line volume control into these (yes, $20 headphones) and I can hear the difference between 1.8.6.1 and 1.8.5.8.....

The file you posted sounds good leeperry, but I'm not familiar with the original so I don't know how it compares to what I normally do for headphone playback.

Wish I could help you with compiling the source to get it working in 1.8.6.1 but I have no idea either.

yeah ok I get it, breaking GPL is bad when you're a good guy..but breaking a media protection is perfectly fine, because -even if it's protected all around the world w/ zillion patents- it's meant to enrich the bad guys...I get it!

No, I don't think you do. AnyDVD doesn't use and distribute code written by a third party. ReClock does. Do you get the difference? *I* have to live with the things *I* do in my life.

I don't care what "other people do" or "other people think". E.g. DVDFab is full of GPL code. Fengtao gives a damn, probably because of exactly your argument. "I would go to jail in the US because of the DMCA, so I give a sh*t about the GPL. Ha, ha ha. Come on, you little open source minions, give me more code I can sell".

Gosh, this argument on GPL has gone too far; just enjoy being able to use b60 with SRC, ReClock is free and not GPL after all, so it's all down to what road the author wants the development to take. Maybe if you showed respect to the author of SRC from the start and just kindly asked James to, say, switch to an architecture that allows generic 3rd-party plugins for ReClock in the future, you might have gotten it one day... 8)

Guess what - the architecture is already there.

2) sure is(to me at least)...what headphones/amp did you try it on?
Basic 50 € headphones on my receiver, but I was thinking more about the surround effect than the sound quality. The effect you got out of this is very nice, much more "real" than anything you get with Dolby Headphones for example (I can't stand that thing; the Creative one is nicer though, but still sounds artificial).

you talk about surround speakers, do you apply any room correction EQ?
Just the Audyssey in my receiver, but even without taking that into account I mean I just can't "feel like being there" with headphones, I can't forget I'm wearing things over my ears, it's just that.
(BTW I got the same feeling with my recent first experience with 3D cinema, the supposedly enhanced movie experience can't make me forget the additionnal glasses on my nose - and over my everyday glasses).
Plus, I always feel the sound is coming from a few millimeters from my ears: even when the direction is right, the distance effect just doesn't feel right.
Plus, you can enjoy speakers with your girlfriend/friends. :)

3) surround, whatever native binaural(like you can find on some BD's) or my own 3D-ish stereo downmixes...it sounds horrid through the new resampler, does that mean all the other Reclock users have wooden ears, or crappy sound systems? or both
Well maybe we simply don't (want to) pay attention enough. I know I pay more attention to video quality than sound quality because I notice it more easily like most people do I think (except of course when SQ is so crappy you can't help but hear the artifacts), and when video quality is good enough to not distract me, I just fully enjoy the movie without paying attention to sound quality, just enjoying the soundtrack. For most people paying attention to differences in sound quality is much more demanding than doing the same for video. Plus, the brain adapts itself to lower sound quality more easily than to lower video quality.
Yesterday I did my first serious test trying to compare SRC Very good with SRC Excellent, but I had to push the volume quite high on pop (= quite compressed) music to finally hear a small difference (but it was not blind so that might just have been my brain actually), but still it was only on vocals on a specific track, so I might not even hear the difference in normal viewing.
Anyway, you don't have to convince me that sound quality, even though we don't hear the difference when concentrating, can impact our experience in the long run: someone I knew who was studying sound once told me his professor said our brain enjoys sound more when it's clearer and more dymanic, and I can perfectly understand that: what we might hear as "nice as loud", for example modern pop music, is just hurting in the long run because it has no dynamic. No wonder people don't enjoy modern music anymore, our brain just considers it as noise, not melody, when listened to for a while, even though when we compare short samples we might find the louder more compressed one "nicer".
It might just be possible that we subconscioulsy enjoy a higher SQ more over a longer listening, like a full 2h movie, even though we can't seem to hear the difference when we actively try to spot it over 10 second samples. :agree:

anyway, I understand it's a case of the world Vs me...I'll stick to b58, and let you guys work out what's best for you...catch you on the next wave!
I'm sure you'll be joined by others: you can't possibly be the only sound "maniac" who likes movies, and ReClock will probably get more attention when SlyPlayer is released. ;)
Plus, see James' post: I think you would just have to "port" SRC to the ReClock resampling DLL "format"...

No, I don't think you do. [..]DVDFab is full of GPL code. Fengtao gives a damn, probably because of exactly your argument.
ok ok, I sincerely apologize for my spoiled brat attitude! It's just that I've been following Reclock's dev. since pretty much the beginning w/ ogo on the www.allinbox.com forum, and hearing the SQ go down the drain likes this makes me a very sad panda iskenkahn.gif

and when I've asked yesgrey(my usual resampler pusher), he's pretty much told me to FO...and I'm clueless when it comes to compiling software X_x

I know what you mean, KMPlayer is just a MPC hack on steroids, and both KMPlayer and PotPlayer are stealing Haruhiko's fantastic work on ffdshow...basically kyh(the KMP/PotPlayer coder) has turned code he didn't own into cold cash(when he sold KMP to pandora.tv)...but well, it's a risk of GPL, innit? what's the world's gonna do about it..
Guess what - the architecture is already there.
is that good or bad, I can't tell sniperlk.gif
The file you posted sounds good leeperry, but I'm not familiar with the original so I don't know how it compares to what I normally do for headphone playback.
thank you for the kind comment, it took me a hell lot of time to work out my final Ozone4 preset :D

David Griesinger(www.davidgriesinger.com) has been very helpful too, he's basically the custom matrix god(he invented the Logic7 DSP system)! his website is just ground shaking when it comes to audio DSP.

you can find the original AC3 file for that "tornado" scene here: http://www.mediafire.com/?jmw2wjft4dl

I hate DH and all that stuff, the sound is just WAY too wet...terrible thing! I want an as dry as possible 3D "out of head" experience, and I think I've succeeded, actually...w/ 24/192 SRC in Reclock movies are just *amazing*...sky is the limit! bring the 24bit FLAC movie soundtracks, do want ^^
With reclock [..] outputting 24/192 over the analogue connection from the back of the onboard soundcard [..]I can hear the difference between 1.8.6.1 and 1.8.5.8.....
figures.
Basic 50 € headphones [..] I always feel the sound is coming from a few millimeters from my ears: even when the direction is right, the distance effect just doesn't feel right.
well, here are some reviews of the headphones I'm currently using: Sony MDR-CD3000 Reviews

"the CD3000 is most certainly its cavernous soundstage that separates instruments into their own locations better than all but only the very best headphones. The first time I heard these cans, I was mesmerized by the expansiveness and surrounding nature of the soundstage. The angled drivers undoubtedly help these cans project a frontal soundstage better than many competitors."

try some high-end headphones, and you'll realize that you can get an amazing 3D SS through angled drivers.

I currently get this kind of headstage using my pimped Prodigy HD2 on the cd3k(both vertically and horizontally): 9be30f64686300.gif

and here's it's been compared against the top-of-the-line HD800(since then he's sold his K701, keeping the HD800 and the CD3K): http://www.head-fi.org/forums/6281425-post1788.html
Tie between the CD3K and the HD800, with the K701 further back.

headphones give you a perfect soundstage and EQ straight away....getting the same thing w/ speakers in a room is far more complicated and time consuming, plus I really like to be in my very own "audiophile" bubble....I'd call it an "egoist guilty pleasure", David Griesinger and James are my heroes ;-)

Last edited:
KMP and PotPlayer are raping MPC, ffdshow, libavcodec and whatnot...I don't see them ^^

I think they try to keep PotPlayer korean-only(there's no official localizations except for chinese) to avoid this sort of issues..."pas vu pas pris"("didn't see me, didn't catch me") as we say in french.

its coder was already called on stealing MPC on the KMP forum, but he's basically converted C++ to Delphi, so he was playing dumb....there's even some broken HSLS code from Haali(the infamous resizing "ghost lines") in KMP, haha.

anyway, if you still got plans to allow setting a different sample rate for different players...I might just read some tutorials on wiki to get it up and running w/ SRC :bowdown:

Last edited:
Back