• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

ReClock 1.8.6.1

Is there a place where I can download version between 1855 and 1861? The links for them in other threads are dead now and I'm having great problems with 1861 causing system freezes and reboots. When I go back to version 1855 the problem stops.

I'm not sure what the cause is but sometimes it locks up within a few minutes, other times it has taken an hour or so. There is no pre warning so to speak but one time only the sound dropped out for about 10 seconds, three seconds after it came back the system locked.

I have unchecked the higher priority option in reclock and also made sure zoom player is run at normal priority. The reclock log file dosent report anything strange.
Do NOT run the player at elevated priority.

Ok I will untick all the options and use reclock. Is this EVR-sync better than EVR custom presenter???
I prefer the OSD, it is still in active development and is planned to be the preferred renderer. So I'd say it is the one to use.

If you are interested in 'rolling your own', it's possible (with a little bit of fiddling) to compile the SRC resampler dll using the free 'Visual C++ 2008 Express Edition' - first time I've ever used VS2008 express and compiled a Windows dll :)
I don't know for yours, but my friend compiled it w/ ICL11 and it's far less efficient than James' version from b58...24/88.2 gives 14% load on b58 and 20% w/ my friend's version...he used QxSSE41/archSSE3 optimizations, I'll ask him to make a plain and simple compile :eek:

it's not how you say it that matters, it's how ppl understand it...
I think you might be forgetting what and "how" you asked me by PM... That was the problem.

I honestly thought that we were all working together like one of those big companies, w/ the simple goal of improving Reclock to stellar proportions...I was terribly wrong. lesson learned. (sorry for OT)
When improving Reclock to stellar proportions means to use the work of a person that doesn't want it to be used that way, I think we should look at another way to reach the stellar proportions. James seems to feel the same. You don't.
That's the difference, and you still don't get it...:rolleyes:
I thought contacting Erik to know how he felt about all this, but you said you already did. Has he replied to you?

he used QxSSE41/archSSE3 optimizations, I'll ask him to make a plain and simple compile :eek:
If you remember the tests I have performed way back with your help, the SRC code is always faster with no SSIM instructions specific code.;)

I don't know for yours, but my friend compiled it w/ ICL11 and it's far less efficient than James' version from b58...24/88.2 gives 14% load on b58 and 20% w/ my friend's version...he used QxSSE41/archSSE3 optimizations, I'll ask him to make a plain and simple compile :eek:

My build runs about the same CPU usage as the b58 version - all compiler settings unchanged from the VS project file in the source download.

Tony

Last edited:
My build runs about the same CPU usage as the b58 version - all compiler settings unchanged from the VS project file in the source download.
oh ok, well my friend is a strong ICL11 believer, I asked him for a plain simple compile but he honestly thought optimizations would help...I will ask him again!

and b61 works like a champ btw in 24/88.2, no glitches/hiccup...just plain working, and SQ is outstanding on the LT1363 opamps :agree:

I'm not touching anything anymore :D

maybe the SSE4.1 optimizations would actually make the code smoother to my CPU, that's a theory worth investigating ^^

PS: ouh I've received my Griffin Powermate, it looks really awesome! an endless stepless big volume pot...exactly what I wanted! I think it's far better to keep the volume attenuation in the digital domain, as a proper analog pot is very pricey and requires steps...steps are very annoying(I really hated it on my Burson headamp, it had 24 hard clicking steps: Burson High Precision Volume Control)

Last edited:
James, you might recall my ATOM ION - Reclock audio performance test post from 1.8.6.0 thread:
http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=241870&postcount=188

I'm wondering would it be possible to include sort of a mid step in the quality settings behind "Good Sinc Interpolation" since those top two SQ options are maxing even the top dual core ver. of ATOM ION platform. In that fashion, lets call it new "ATOM-ION 330" setting, we can attempt to get the best out of this platform at least @ 88/96kHz? Thanks for giving it a thought.

PS I'll be glad to beta test it for you, in case the changes prove to be marginal
you can discard it for future official releases..

Last edited:
Just to report that I have now tried 1860 for a few hours and thankfully no freezes or lockups yet.

@James,
Are you using the code to avoid clipping with the new resampler? I took a quick look at the code and did not notice it... Is the new resampler clipping safe?

@James,
Are you using the code to avoid clipping with the new resampler? I took a quick look at the code and did not notice it... Is the new resampler clipping safe?

The code has moved int ReClock, so it doesn't has to be duplicated within the resampler plugins.

James, you might recall my ATOM ION - Reclock audio performance test post from 1.8.6.0 thread:
http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=241870&postcount=188

I'm wondering would it be possible to include sort of a mid step in the quality settings behind "Good Sinc Interpolation" since those top two SQ options are maxing even the top dual core ver. of ATOM ION platform. In that fashion, lets call it new "ATOM-ION 330" setting, we can attempt to get the best out of this platform at least @ 88/96kHz? Thanks for giving it a thought.

PS I'll be glad to beta test it for you, in case the changes prove to be marginal
you can discard it for future official releases..
Don't worry. Next version will have a new scheduling / resampler / settings / everything....

Next year, maybe.
ahhh ok...well my batches kinda work, so no big deal! I thought you were OK to implement it(it'd be useful to save electricity costs on low quality videos for instance, save CPU cycles when doing crazy avisynth/frame interleaving to 60fps or so(on live TV for instance), or go bit-perfect for audio and oversampling for videos) but that's cool, Reclock sounds awesome as it is anyway...and exceeds all my expectations by a long shot! :bowdown:

Last edited:
Back