• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

ReClock 1.8.6.1

I clicked on the https://lists.gpl-violations.org/ link and I got this warning in firefox:

lolef.jpg

LOL!!!! AH-HA-HA-HA!!! I can here it now: Go right ahead! List my gpl violation on a website that no one has ever heard of and that uses an incorrectly configured security certificate!

After some more tests, it looks like everything is playing really well with ReClock now, so thanks for that!

There is just one thing I noticed though, and that is that with WASAPI the volume control in MPC doesn't work anymore. I don't know how exactly the volume control is handled, so maybe it's just something missing from my sound card's driver, or is the volume passed separately and currently ignored by ReClock?
If this is the case, I don't see any harm in having ReClock apply the volume changes in software, since it already has options for compression too I think that would make sense. If anyone wanted bit-accurate playback they could still simply set the volume in their player to 100%.

Ok, here's a log of my problem. I'm using all default settings, apart from:
- timestretching is disabled
- set matching speaker config is enabled
- logging is enabled

My system is XP SP3, with the sound going HDMI into my amp via an ATI 4550 HD. The media software is gbpvr, with ac3filter handling decoding duties, passing everything to Reclock as PCM.

I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling Reclock, reset its settings, etc, to no avail. If I return to 1.8.6.0 it's all ok again though. Any suggestions for how to fix it greatly appreciated! And sorry if I've found a bug :D

This is really weird. What happens if you use Waveout instead of DSound as output device?

Using Waveout (or Kernel Streaming) makes no difference, the drop outs (and logs) are the same. I also tried increasing the audio buffer size, but that just makes the drop outs last longer (I guess due to it re-buffering after the failure). Resampling quality doesn't seem to make a difference either.

I've been testing this with TV, and I've discovered that it's only happening on channels with 5.1 sound. Channels with only stereo sound are ok, and weirdly DVDs seem to be ok too. I have a ton of existing recordings from these channels, and they all show the same drop outs. But are all fine with 1.6.8.0 or earlier.

I'll PM you a link to a 2 minute sample that exhibits the problem.

Thanks

when I've asked yesgrey(my usual resampler pusher), he's pretty much told me to FO...
I have not said nothing like that.
Please use other terms when referring to me. I have never used such type of language with you or anyone else here, so I would like to be treated the same way.
Thanks.

Hello again,

regarding to the Wave error I posted in the 1.8.6.0 thread I tried differnet prebuffer values. But no change at all. When palying Wav Files and skipping to the next track the direct show Player ends with an error. Just to check if I did the right config here are a few screenshots.

I manually added the audioonlyprebuffer (in ms) with the value 500. I also tested 250 and 750.

Thanks for your help and Regards,

Alex

Attachments

• config.jpg
    config.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 4
  • error.jpg
    error.jpg
    6.5 KB · Views: 5
  • reclock_log.zip
    3.7 KB · Views: 1
  • regestry.jpg
    regestry.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 4
  • Screenshots.zip
    203 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
with WASAPI the volume control in MPC doesn't work anymore.
it's expected behavior, as it's meant to bypass the DirectSound mixer...the windows master volume should still work, though(it's drivers dependent, so YMMV)
I have not said anything like that.
it's not how you say it that matters, it's how ppl understand it...and we've always seemed to have communication issues somehow...anyway, I understand I shall not bother you w/ all this anymore..and I won't.

I've worked for several international companies(selling PC software/hardware) as a third level tech. support engineer, and I always was getting the fixes I needed(sometimes even at 3AM or on sundays :D)...I honestly thought that we were all working together like one of those big companies, w/ the simple goal of improving Reclock to stellar proportions...I was terribly wrong. lesson learned. (sorry for OT)

Last edited:
it's expected behavior, as it's meant to bypass the DirectSound mixer...the windows master volume should still work, though(it's drivers dependent, so YMMV)
I understand that it bypasses the DirectSound mixer, but that doesn't mean the filter couldn't implement the volume control instead right? (That is, if the renderer filter actually receives the volume setting somehow)
The windows master volume does indeed still work, but it's more difficult to reach when watching video in full-screen, and with my setup it's also quite sensitive (a lot of volume difference between 5% and 6% for example)

I understand that it bypasses the DirectSound mixer, but that doesn't mean the filter couldn't implement the volume control instead right? (That is, if the renderer filter actually receives the volume setting somehow)
The windows master volume does indeed still work, but it's more difficult to reach when watching video in full-screen, and with my setup it's also quite sensitive (a lot of volume difference between 5% and 6% for example)
MPC's volume control is windows based, it doesn't reach Reclock...and James declined the idea of implementing volume control within Reclock.

I personally use Volumouse to set the windows master volume(in the 4 corners of the screen w/ uber-small steps) ...but I've just ordered a Griffin Powermate, nothing's like a good ole' big shiny volume pot :D

328142591_small.jpg

if you're into DIY, you can build one(wireless and all, if you like): http://www.instructables.com/id/Desktop_Scroll_Wheel_and_Volume_Control/

Last edited:
Hi, I have just upgraded from 1.8.5.5 to 1.8.6.1. First thing I did was clear the timing database. The problem now is reclock no longer detects the refresh rate of my monitor, it simply shows 0.000hz. I have tried both D3D and DDR detection method and both fail.

Any ideas?

Having problems with occasional "Wave Playback timeouts" using 1.8.6.1.

I cannot use WASAPI because it lcoks MPC-HC (as discussed before).

Directsound leads to occasional "Resync (curseurs incorrects)" in 1.8.6.0 and 1.8.6.1.

Wave works fine though with 1.8.6.0 and the old SRC resampler. So at the moment I am back with this. I have no issue moving to the new resampler and 1.8.6.1 but need to be able to get rid of these timeouts.

Attachments

• reclock_log.zip
    12 KB · Views: 1
yes, provide logs..enable them in Reclock and they'll be in your /My Documents/ folder.

Sure thing, please see attachment.

A little more info for you, I'm using win 7 64bit. In system is a GTX295 and GT240. One of the GTX295 cores is being used to display the video and I have nvidia 196.21 drivers installed. I have tried a complete video driver uninstall and reinstall but it did not help.

Attachments

• reclock_log.zip
    7.8 KB · Views: 1
In system is a GTX295 and GT240.
most likely Reclock is not looking at the right output...did you try to change "monitor detection method" in Reclock's config? what if you temporarily disable the other graphic card?

most likely Reclock is not looking at the right output...did you try to change "monitor detection method" in Reclock's config? what if you temporarily disable the other graphic card?

I have tried, it did not help though.

I have tried, it did not help though.

5.16s 000d7c time 501 ms, loops 50, looptime 10.020000, refreshRate 99.800392, l_intRefreshRate 100

9.30s 000d7c ERROR CalcHardwareInfos() failure, cannot get consistent values

What refresh rate is this supposed to be?

Having problems with occasional "Wave Playback timeouts" using 1.8.6.1.

I cannot use WASAPI because it lcoks MPC-HC (as discussed before).

Directsound leads to occasional "Resync (curseurs incorrects)" in 1.8.6.0 and 1.8.6.1.

Wave works fine though with 1.8.6.0 and the old SRC resampler. So at the moment I am back with this. I have no issue moving to the new resampler and 1.8.6.1 but need to be able to get rid of these timeouts.

I don't have any explanation at the moment. I'll look into it.

MPC's volume control is windows based, it doesn't reach Reclock...and James declined the idea of implementing volume control within Reclock.

Just at the moment. It'll come.

5.16s 000d7c time 501 ms, loops 50, looptime 10.020000, refreshRate 99.800392, l_intRefreshRate 100

9.30s 000d7c ERROR CalcHardwareInfos() failure, cannot get consistent values

What refresh rate is this supposed to be?

The refresh rate was set to 100hz when the log was created.

Thank you so much, downloading, this is super duper cool. :rock: its like christmas...

Last edited:
The refresh rate was set to 100hz when the log was created.

The higher the refresh rate, the trickier is the detection. Try again (and again) until ReClock "gets it".

Back