• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

ReClock 1.8.6.1

I think the problem could be related to the 196.21 nvidia drivers....

I have uninstalled reclock and completly uninstalled the nvidia drivers (via driversweeper/safe mode). Then I installed older nvidia 195.62, and installed reclock 1855. I tested this and reclock was correctly reporting refresh rates. Then I installed reclock 1861 and cleaned databases again. This time it worked correctly, the only difference compared to before is the newer nvidia drivers.

Having problems with occasional "Wave Playback timeouts" using 1.8.6.1.

I cannot use WASAPI because it lcoks MPC-HC (as discussed before).

Directsound leads to occasional "Resync (curseurs incorrects)" in 1.8.6.0 and 1.8.6.1.

Wave works fine though with 1.8.6.0 and the old SRC resampler. So at the moment I am back with this. I have no issue moving to the new resampler and 1.8.6.1 but need to be able to get rid of these timeouts.

I think that looks like the same problem I'm having. Glad it's not just me :D

I was finding it was only dropping the audio on certain sources though. Others were fine, which is weird.

MPC's volume control is windows based, it doesn't reach Reclock...and James declined the idea of implementing volume control within Reclock.
So even if Reclock implements a volume control it would be independent of MPC's volume control?

I personally use Volumouse to set the windows master volume(in the 4 corners of the screen w/ uber-small steps) ...but I've just ordered a Griffin Powermate, nothing's like a good ole' big shiny volume pot :D

328142591_small.jpg

if you're into DIY, you can build one(wireless and all, if you like): http://www.instructables.com/id/Desktop_Scroll_Wheel_and_Volume_Control/
That's cool too, I didn't really realize that the windows master volume could be set in even smaller steps.

So even if Reclock implements a volume control it would be independent of MPC's volume control?
it'd be impossible to wire MPC's volume control to the internal Reclock volume attenuator w/o some major MPC modification AFAIK.
That's cool too, I didn't really realize that the windows master volume could be set in even smaller steps.
yep, Volumouse is a god send! I've set it to "200" steps on the 4 screen corners(for full screen video playback) and the task bar(for music playback)...I've also set 2 hot keys that I will assign in the Griffin PowerMate drivers, et voila :agree:

I still don't understand why I get very low random pops when feeding/outputting 16bit or outputting resampled 24bit(from 32fp) in Reclock...oh well, if I feed 32float and output 32int, everything's fine so far! if I'm the only one w/ the problem, then that's my very own solution...better talk about solutions than problems ginie.gif

Last edited:
I still don't understand why I get very low random pops when feeding/outputting 16bit or outputting resampled 24bit(from 32fp) in Reclock...oh well, if I feed 32float and output 32int, everything's fine so far! if I'm the only one w/ the problem, then that's my very own solution...better talk about solutions than problems ginie.gif
I get pops sometimes but it seems to change depending on what I have the buffer options at.

I can't find documentation for exactly what: sound pre-buffer, max latency and speed change of media maximum slowdown % do.

I have an idea but don't know how to set them properly. 100ms pre-buffer, 1% max latency and 5% slowdown seems to have helped lip-sync problems I was having though.

For those people getting pops or dropouts or other problems...

There seems to be a multithreading problem with the resampler. At the moment, do *not* check "give high priority to player". If the player itself lets you adjust priority, do not set it to high.

James, you said that the internal buffers were becoming ridiculously huge in 192 kHz...I wonder if that's not my problem :eek:

should I try increasing the video prebuffer from 500ms to 1" or so? would logs help at all?

anyway, I'm currently settling down to 24/88.2, 24 because it sounds just like 16(32 sounds brighter due to additional 24int converting in the drivers I'd guess) and 88.2 because that's the next sampling rate after 48...I like this combo very much on my current op-amps set up, I hope to get it working fine at some point :agree:

a friend of mine will compile SRC for b61 tomorrow, I guess we're not supposed to distribute it anyway...just saying ;)

Last edited:
Does this work with the new EVR-Sync mode of Media Player Classic Home Cinema properly?
http://www.codecguide.com/klcp_beta.htm
You can use the renderer (I do, for the OSD and because it is well supported).

It it is better not to use the sync options though. the only option you can use if you want is "Present at nearest vsync", but that will not completely prevent judder, just reduce it to one single, clean dropped frame, instead of several, each interval as defined by the difference between the actual refresh rate and the frame rate. The best solution is to use Reclock vsync correction with sync renderer in D3D mode and D3D fullscreen GUI Support OFF. Downside is you lose the right click menu but you can get 100% judder free playback (except sometimes in the first few seconds as Reclock pulls vsync into place).

You can use the renderer (I do, for the OSD and because it is well supported).

It it is better not to use the sync options though. the only option you can use if you want is "Present at nearest vsync", but that will not completely prevent judder, just reduce it to one single, clean dropped frame, instead of several, each interval as defined by the difference between the actual refresh rate and the frame rate. The best solution is to use Reclock vsync correction with sync renderer in D3D mode and D3D fullscreen GUI Support OFF. Downside is you lose the right click menu but you can get 100% judder free playback (except sometimes in the first few seconds as Reclock pulls vsync into place).

I have been having a play, and for me it was best to use EVR sync mode "Sync Video to Display" with a value of 0.0012. I also used reclock. Sometimes reclock reported that 0Hz changes were made by itself, and sometimes small adjustments were needed (+2360Hz).
However video is as smooth as I have ever seen it :agree:

Sync video to display will only work properly if Reclock is not changing the frame rate at all i.e. 23.976fps @24p (23.976Hz) or 23.976fps @59.940Hz.

If you are speedup up 24fps to 25fps or even 23.976 to 24fps Reclock and the sync renderer will fight with each other. Depending on what your problems were before this may be better or worse than before, but it will be better still if you use sync renderer without reclock (so no frame rate speed adjustment) or use Reclock and Reclock vsync adjustment (no sync renderer sync correction).

So if I want to keep on using reclock, should i stop using EVR -sync and go back to using plain EVR custom presenter?

I just wondered if anybody else has experianced hard system lockups with 1861? I have had it happen twice now since getting 1861 working yesturday. I see James mentioned not having the players priority set to high is currently a good idea which I have just done now. But could this situation he mentions with the resampler and multithreading cause this?

34485f65153851.gif it's alive!!! images?q=tbn:LwIqyR5-f7VlAM.jpg

thank you very much :bowdown:

If you are interested in 'rolling your own', it's possible (with a little bit of fiddling) to compile the SRC resampler dll using the free 'Visual C++ 2008 Express Edition' - first time I've ever used VS2008 express and compiled a Windows dll :)

Tony

So if I want to keep on using reclock, should i stop using EVR -sync and go back to using plain EVR custom presenter?
Or use it, but don't use the sync options (use Reclock vsync correction instead). Or use just "Present at nearest vsync".

Is there a place where I can download version between 1855 and 1861? The links for them in other threads are dead now and I'm having great problems with 1861 causing system freezes and reboots. When I go back to version 1855 the problem stops.

I'm not sure what the cause is but sometimes it locks up within a few minutes, other times it has taken an hour or so. There is no pre warning so to speak but one time only the sound dropped out for about 10 seconds, three seconds after it came back the system locked.

I have unchecked the higher priority option in reclock and also made sure zoom player is run at normal priority. The reclock log file dosent report anything strange.

Or use it, but don't use the sync options (use Reclock vsync correction instead). Or use just "Present at nearest vsync".

Ok I will untick all the options and use reclock. Is this EVR-sync better than EVR custom presenter???

Back