• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Problem on sherlock holmes...

Yes, I have just checked and can confirm the correct mpls file is 00100.mpls (2:08:25) and NOT 00101.mpls (2:11:42).

\BDMV\PLAYLIST\00100.mpls

You can launch it directly in MPC to test...

why is this even a problem?????

rip all to your hard drive, then play it, make note of run time...and your done.

can't be any easier

Hi,

excuse my ignorance but I used to have a media player and it could play .m2ts files straight from a rip and if audio was wrong you could change it with the media player remote. I dont have it anymore but have a ps3....now i have copied sherlock holmes to my hdd with anydvd hd and know there is not one big .m2ts file like im used to and have tried bd clown to make 1 .m2s file but it seems to make several files none of which are the .m2ts i need. am i doning anything wrong or is there a tute for clown bd??

Sherlock Holmes uses seamless branching and is made up of multiple files. If you want to end up with just a single file then Clown BD is ideal for it, just look in the High Def software forum, it's the very first sticky

Sherlock Holmes uses seamless branching and is made up of multiple files. If you want to end up with just a single file then Clown BD is ideal for it, just look in the High Def software forum, it's the very first sticky

ok thanks for the reply. do i need to use TSSplitter as well or will clown BD take care of all that for me? the reason I ask is becuase used either tsmuxer or clown bd (I can't rememebr which) and just loaded the main file .mlps into it and made a .m2ts file but when I copy it to my ps3 it always hsows up as unsupported data and cant be played on there. other blu ray rips that I have copied across to the ps3 work fine thoug hs oi can't work whats wrong with Sherlock Holmes but I'm guessing it's got to do with the seamless branching!

Last edited:
That has nothing to do with the seamless branching, it's because it uses VC-1 and the PS3 won't play back VC-1 unless as a full BD

That has nothing to do with the seamless branching, it's because it uses VC-1 and the PS3 won't play back VC-1 unless as a full BD

ok so i cant play this as a rip on the ps3???

ok ive heard that the ps3 cant play vc1 files which is what sherlock holmes bluray is....is this true? if so is there any way to play it on the ps3??

Last edited:
thats what adbear said didnt he. the only way to play VC-1 files is in disc mode. The only way to play VC-1 files is either in full disc mode (backup of the original disc) or build a blu-ray structure arround your vc-1 file

As this film uses seamless branching you have to know which mpls file to use to get the right set of files for it to just play back the main movie and not the version that also adds in the extra sections that include the commentary. If you choose the correct MPLS file when loading it into Clown BD the output will be just the main movie with the correct audio and not the version that has all the extra parts with directors comments.

Yes, I have just checked and can confirm the correct mpls file is 00100.mpls (2:08:25) and NOT 00101.mpls (2:11:42).

\BDMV\PLAYLIST\00100.mpls

You can launch it directly in MPC to test...

Adbear is mostly correct. It's not that 00101.mpls is an incorrect playlist, it's simply that it's an additional playlist that has slightly different content which is accomplished through the seamless branching.

The 2:11 playlist is the "Maximum Movie" mode content, which as Adbear did point out is mostly the original film but with cut-aways to the director commentary, additional takes, footage, filming, etc. It happens in a picture-in-picture fashion with the main content still playing on a screen or window in the background.

To get a better visual as to what "Maximum Movie" mode looks like, you can watch a short preview clip of a portion of the Watchmen Blu-ray.

Ok I have some measure of success with this.
I loaded \BDMV\PLAYLIST\00100.mpls
into tsmuxer. In tsmuxer I chose to downgrade DTS-HD to DTS and make blu ray disc structure. In the stream folder at the end of the muxing there is one .m2ts file.
On my ps3 using ps3 media server I navigate to the folder on my PC where this .m2ts file is. I go into the transcode folder there and the .m2ts file is there also. I copy the .m2ts file from the transcode folder to my ps3 internal hdd.
It copies over successfuully and the whole movie is there with audio. The only problem is that the audio is not in synch with the movement of the actors mouths which is a tad annoying. I'm guessing it's probably because I downgraded the audio to DTS maybe??

i should add that I can't just stream my video files from ps3 media server on my pc to the ps3 over my wireless network as i just get too much stuttering which makes the movie unbearably painful to watch probably because my netwrok is too slow.

Last edited:
Try using Clown BD to make a single file output as it tends to get the audio correct whereas TSmuxer on it's own doesn't always get things right

Try using Clown BD to make a single file output as it tends to get the audio correct whereas TSmuxer on it's own doesn't always get things right

thanks mate this has worked a treat. I now have it playing properly on the ps3. cheers for your help!

Hi guys, iv taken everones advice using BDclown, and i dont know if im doing something wrong, but im selecting the correct mpls file 00100.mpls, and all im getting as a finished result is a mish mash of different parts of the film :(

anyone else had this prob, or am i doing it wrong?

thanks everyone..

I was able to re-rip Sherlock Holmes and use the regular ISO to enjoy the Maximum Movie Mode. I set AnyDVD to not remove any protection and also selected the ISO option to "Keep Protection". I was then able to mount the ISO and play it with PowerDVD but only with AnyDVD enabled on the virtual drive. Without AnyDVD's involvement the video was blacked out on the disc even though it did play it and allow me to skip through the previews and click around the unseen menu structure.

It is not the TSMuxer. It did its job.

The problem is your PS3 not being able to play/stream large m2ts files.

Solution:

After you create the new BR Folder from TSMuxer use: BD_Rebuilder to compress the movie to say BD9 (8GIG) or even as low as BD-5 (4.3GIG) THEN copy the smaller m2ts file over and play that.

Or simply get a ACER O!Play HDP-R1 w/Firmware v1.29NA and your BD problems go away. :)

The only problem is that the audio is not in synch with the movement of the actors mouths which is a tad annoying. I'm guessing it's probably because I downgraded the audio to DTS maybe??

Last edited:

I don't understand what you mean by "single file output." I ran this (Clown BD) on the John Adams BluRay and got about a dozen different files. It's all way too big to burn onto a DVD. I was trying to "shrink" the bluray to a DVD DL, so it's about a third the size of the original. I also can't view the rip I did to hard disk using AnyDVD. Well, I can "view" it, but there's no sound.

Isn't there a way to get an output that's, like, a single mpg file that I could use as input to VideoRedo or something? (It'll shrink a large video file to fit onto a video by adjusting various parameters, and seems to always use the whole DVD.)

Also, the files and folders all had names like "documents.ts" or "documents.meta". What am I supposed to do with that?

There's something about this I'm not getting.

Last edited:
Use anyDVD HD to do its thing.

Use tsMuxer strip out everything but the 1920x1080 video and AC3 6ch audio or DTSHD then click on the down-mix of DTSHD to DTS if it is there.

Take the end result (.m2ts) to BD_Rebuilder and shrink it down to BD-5(DVD 4.3GIG) or BD-9 (8GIG) size.

Now... run the main .m2ts video file back through tsMuxer and output it to one .m2ts or .ts file output and you are done WITH proper audio. (Depending on the end result size of the file... you may not need to run it back through tsmuxer again.)

Note: tsMuxer is also used with playlists to auto sort / join all the files you need for the movie. BD_Info is GREAT! for this info too. Just load the proper play-list into tzmuxer,edit the rest and output your movie.

I don't understand what you mean by "single file output." I ran this (Clown BD) on the John Adams BluRay and got about a dozen different files. It's all way too big to burn onto a DVD. I was trying to "shrink" the bluray to a DVD DL, so it's about a third the size of the original. I also can't view the rip I did to hard disk using AnyDVD. Well, I can "view" it, but there's no sound.

Isn't there a way to get an output that's, like, a single mpg file that I could use as input to VideoRedo or something? (It'll shrink a large video file to fit onto a video by adjusting various parameters, and seems to always use the whole DVD.)

Also, the files and folders all had names like "documents.ts" or "documents.meta". What am I supposed to do with that?

There's something about this I'm not getting.

Last edited:
Back