• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Problem on sherlock holmes...

Use anyDVD HD to do its thing....

Thank you. I think I can follow those directions although I'm not really very clear on what these software elements actually do.

BTW, when I originally went to the ClownBD site I got a message from TrendMicro that the site was "dangerous" and when I clicked on it anyway, I started to get one download dialog after another in rapid succession. I saved one of them, and then had to clear the page out to stop the download sequences and delete them one by one. Sort of scared me, but I can tell from descriptions that it's not really a "dangerous" site (although there are apparently some texts in Russian or something).

Just thought I'd mention it.

Take the end result (.m2ts) to BD_Rebuilder and shrink it down to BD-5(DVD 4.3GIG) or BD-9 (8GIG) size.

Well, now I'm stuck. BD_Rebuilder won't open the .m2ts file. Says selected source is not BD format. I've attached the ClownBD logs. Well, I thought I attached them, but after uploading I don't see them listed.

Oh, I see what happened. Needed to change the "log" extension to "txt." Sheesh

Attachments

• eac3to_PASS1_LOG.txt
    683 bytes · Views: 2
  • eac3to_PASS2_LOG.txt
    720 bytes · Views: 0
  • eac3to_PASS3_LOG.txt
    1.2 KB · Views: 1
  • tsMuxeR.txt
    1.2 KB · Views: 0
OK, I'll bet those instructions I got were wrong. I have to create Bluray output not m2ts. Then read the Bluray output into BD_Rebuilder. Thanks for the time waster.

my suggestion about using Clown BD to make a single file movie only was because TSmuxer doesn't always handle seamless branching very well so if you have a film made up of multiple files you may get audio glitches where the files join together. Clown doesn't seem to get this problem and you get a nice clean Blu-ray movie folder but with 1 file in the STREAM folder for the main movie with just the video and audio track. Which you can then take over and use in whatever software you like to make either a Blu-ray on a single DVD (BD rebuilder) or convert to mpeg2 Standard def for a standard DVD.

my suggestion about using Clown BD to make a single file movie only was because TSmuxer doesn't always handle seamless branching very well so if you have a film made up of multiple files you may get audio glitches where the files join together. Clown doesn't seem to get this problem and you get a nice clean Blu-ray movie folder but with 1 file in the STREAM folder for the main movie with just the video and audio track. Which you can then take over and use in whatever software you like to make either a Blu-ray on a single DVD (BD rebuilder) or convert to mpeg2 Standard def for a standard DVD.

But the input to BD_Builder can't be an m2ts file, right?

There are two main files that make up this dvd, but I only converted 1. I'm not sure how to merge two streams into one, but if this works that's the next thing I'll try. Just remember what the Ghostbusters said: DON'T GET THE STREAMS CROSSED!

Well, that failed. Log attached.

The Rebuilder failed at the video encode level. Is this that stupid FFDSHOW encoder? I have another, better, H.264 filter. Can it use that? CoreAVC codec. If so, can i change which H.264 encoder it uses?

Attachments

• BD-REBUILDER.txt
    1.3 KB · Views: 2
You're not using the versions of the plugins that it recommends. Go to the BD rebuilder thread on Doom9 and download the recommended versions.
I made a SL BD-r of this movie with no issues.
I have had issues with VC-1 conversion if I use a Dual Xeon i7 system with hyper-threading left on

Last edited:
Um, why are you all making this harder than it needs to be? sigh.

-Insert original disc with AnyDVD enabled
-OPTIONAL STEP: Rip to folder or ISO first to speed up processing later
-Open BD Rebuilder and open the original (or folder/mounted ISO from the optional step above)
-Set what you want for output in BD Rebuilder
-Have at it
-Profit....or something

ClownBD isn't necessary if you want to use BD Rebuilder. It handles seamless branching just fine and will work off a rip or original.

I think with this particular film BD Rebuilder doesn't pick out the right branches which is why you need to use Clown BD first

Ok. In that case, the suggestion makes sense.

-Load original disc with AnyDVD enabled
-Load ClownBD, select the original disc
-Select the option to use tsMuxer
-Select the streams you want, and make sure BD Structure is selected for output
-Once that's done, run BD Rebuilder on your ClownBD output BD structure folder
-Good to go

Ok. In that case, the suggestion makes sense.

-Load original disc with AnyDVD enabled
-Load ClownBD, select the original disc
-Select the option to use tsMuxer
-Select the streams you want, and make sure BD Structure is selected for output
-Once that's done, run BD Rebuilder on your ClownBD output BD structure folder
-Good to go

This may seem like a stupid question to you, but there are two titles on this Bluray (like two episodes of a series, I think) and I'd like to get the both on the final DVD LD. Clown BD lists them in reverse order because it lists by size, but I can't choose both. What I've been doing is creating two different folders for each mux or rip of an episode, because I found if you don't do that Clown BD just overwrites the first one it did in the same folder.

But I'm not quite clear how you get them back together. Does that happen in BD_Rebuilder?

Also, that business about "forced captions" scares me. Am I going to have to sit through a movie with captions running?

Last edited:
The easiest way you can do that is to get BD rebuilder to make a full disc version rather than a movie only version, that way you won't be wasting space with parts you don't need as this film uses seamless branching to add in the extra bits, although trying to get that much information compressed down to 8GB is going to make it look awful at 1080p

I can tell you that with Sherlock Holmes, the largest playlist is NOT the one you want. This is the maximum movie mode playlist and if you make a movie only version using this playlist, you are going to get Guy Ritchie (the director) popping up in sub streams throughout the movie. That is where the extra movie length comes from.

You'll want to use the second largest playlist unless you are making a full backup of the video.

Edit
I should add that I got the list of playlist using HDDVD/Bluray Stream Extractor to read the disks. I find it reads more accurately than BDInfo for some disk like this. You just point it to the playlist folder on the disk and it will take over from there.

You can also use it to extract the native streams if you are planning on making an MKV (as Samuri said in an earlier post). If you do extract the native movie, audio, and subtitle streams (remember to include the chapter stream as well) then you'll want to extract the video stream as an MKV instead of the raw H.264 file. This way, Stream Extractor keeps all of the video info in the MKV header and you don't have to put it in yourself when you import the files into MKVMerge.

Last edited:
Failed Video Encode

Tried to make a full backup. I could put each episode on a separate disk, but something else is the matter with FFDDSHOWSHOW or whatever it is:

"- WIN7 preferred VC-1 CODEC: Ok
- WIN7 preferred MPEG2 CODEC: Ok
- FFDSHOW VC-1 set incorrectly: [0]
- FFDSHOW MPEG2 set incorrectly: [0]
- FFDSHOW AVC set to "libavcodec": Ok
- X264: Ok
- AFTEN: Ok
- FAAC: Ok
- MP4BOX: Ok
- WAVI: Ok
- TSMUXER: Ok
[13:53:28] - Failed video encode, aborted
"

What are the "right" settings?? [Update: Uhhh... never mind. Once I looked at the configuration utility it was pretty obvious that a filter/encoder/decoder whatever had to be assigned to mpeg2 and VC-1. Now seems to be converting OK]

Another question though: Might I be better off converting this entire thing to 720p in ClownBD and then shrinking that in BD_Rebuilder is a complete backup? There are a lot of doodads on this disk that involve historical background, and it would be nice to preserve that. Would conversion to 720p of all the "parts" accomplish that? Maybe there's only one way to tell?

Last edited:
Edit
I should add that I got the list of playlist using HDDVD/Bluray Stream Extractor to read the disks. I find it reads more accurately than BDInfo for some disk like this. You just point it to the playlist folder on the disk and it will take over from there.

You can also use it to extract the native streams if you are planning on making an MKV (as Samuri said in an earlier post). If you do extract the native movie, audio, and subtitle streams (remember to include the chapter stream as well) then you'll want to extract the video stream as an MKV instead of the raw H.264 file. This way, Stream Extractor keeps all of the video info in the MKV header and you don't have to put it in yourself when you import the files into MKVMerge.

While I like MKV, I recognize that not everyone does. :)

Also, HD Stream Extractor is doing exactly what ClownBD does to read the stream information....showing you what eac3to sees. You can get the same information doing "eac3to x:" where x=your drive.

In any case, if you do what I said with ClownBD, you'll have the main movie in a nice BD structure that you can process with whatever you want. I also agree, that in this case the biggest stream is not necessarily the best.

Advanced bonus tip: If you want to know for sure if your selected MPLS is correct, install MPC-HC, scan the MPLS' with your favorite tool of choice (eac3to, bdinfo, ClownBD, HD Stream Extractor, etc), find the one you THINK is correct, and open that file with MPC-HC. If it plays, it's the one you want.

The easiest way you can do that is to get BD rebuilder to make a full disc version rather than a movie only version, that way you won't be wasting space with parts you don't need as this film uses seamless branching to add in the extra bits, although trying to get that much information compressed down to 8GB is going to make it look awful at 1080p
It would probably look better at 720 (p or i). My understanding is that BD_Rebuilder will set the res to 720 under some conditions at 60 fps.

Don't know why you don't just use a BD-SL as they are so cheap now from ebay. You'll end up with better quality and a lot of films will fit on them with no re-encoding of the main movie

Back