• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Problem on sherlock holmes...

Don't know why you don't just use a BD-SL as they are so cheap now from ebay. You'll end up with better quality and a lot of films will fit on them with no re-encoding of the main movie

I don't have a drive that can burn them. Any suggestions? (The drive I have can read BDs, but can't burn them.)

The LG drives are pretty good and are under £100 before tax now

I reported this behavior using ClownBD on "GAMER" to extract just the movie. The same thing happens and the end product is the narrated making of the movie stuff. The response was that even after populating 4TB of space with BD Iso's that somehow I was making an error. Problem with that is there is no wrong video stream to select in ClownBD. i believe it only shows one . I think its happened on 3 movies out of 100 for me. The only solution I have found is one to leave the original ISO alone and not try to extract the movie.

Last edited:
Don't know why you don't just use a BD-SL as they are so cheap now from ebay. You'll end up with better quality and a lot of films will fit on them with no re-encoding of the main movie

Because it seems 75% of the time the movies require expensive DL media. Ive noticed that even if you can extract just the movie and the HD audio track, 75% of the time the total is just over 25Gb. The studios have to be doing this on purpose and I suspect they have a hand in keeping DL BD media prices high as well..

I reported this behavior using ClownBD on "GAMER" to extract just the movie. The same thing happens and the end product is the narrated making of the movie stuff. The response was that even after populating 4TB of space with BD Iso's that somehow I was making an error. Problem with that is there is no wrong video stream to select in ClownBD. i believe it only shows one . I think its happened on 3 movies out of 100 for me. The only solution I have found is one to leave the original ISO alone and not try to extract the movie.

Or, you know, manually find the correct MPLS and open that directly. ;)

Because it seems 75% of the time the movies require expensive DL media. Ive noticed that even if you can extract just the movie and the HD audio track, 75% of the time the total is just over 25Gb. The studios have to be doing this on purpose and I suspect they have a hand in keeping DL BD media prices high as well..

DL media is not that expensive (Cost me less than £4 a disc including carriage last time I bought them off ebay), and I would say it's more like 75% of the time the movie only option will fit on a SL disc

DL media is not that expensive (Cost me less than £4 a disc including carriage last time I bought them off ebay), and I would say it's more like 75% of the time the movie only option will fit on a SL disc

wow, never purchased them there. Usually buy SL at at place called "Mega Media Mall" on the net. The lowest price Ive seen there is $9-10 dollars a disc for DL in quatities I could afford. As far as percentage goes maybe I am doing something wrong. I only have one row of 50 SL's on my book shelf. But I have 62 movies still on my drives that are over the 25gb limit. I guess thats a 45% success rate extracting only the HD audio track and the movie to Iso. Not as bad as I stated. Anyway Im off to ebay. Any particular reliable media and seller there? PM me

Last edited:
The LG drives are pretty good and are under £100 before tax now

There was one for about $160 US on Newegg, that had Lightscribe. Pretty tempting, but I can't really tell the difference between Bluray and the DL DVD versions.

I keep seeing new posts in this thread "Problem on Sherlock Holmes" and wonder what needs to be fixed on that disc and already get my tool box out.
But I end up wasting my time with reading some talk about discs and drives, which is of zero interest to anyone reading into this thread.

Please continue this discussion in an appropriate area, thanks.

Back