• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Problem on sherlock holmes...

The video is identical no matter what player and if or if not anydvd is running.

This is a major issue because DVDFAB BD does the exact same thing with this movie... there is something we are missing in the chapter arrangement with Sherlock Holmes BD.

I'll ask again:
If you play the disc on your PC with BD playback software (e.g., TMT3 or PowerDVD ultra), are you saying the playback order is different if AnyDVD is running or not?

I do not create .ISO files. I playback .m2ts files on my system.

And we all laugh at you!

You were told again and again to read the sticky and failed to do so.:bang:

This is what happens when you play back .m2ts files. You get what is first, not what is best.

There is NOTHING wrong with what I am doing.. My hardware can decode anything out there. The issue is that ANYDVD needs another update to do it properly.

I have read and reread my ass off! The issue is with ANYDVD HD, NOT me.

I was asking for input but rather than being constructive I get slighted sarcasm.

If you are not embarrassed yet, you have no shame.:doh:

I have this film and mine plays back fine which is how I know you are doing it wrong. AnyDVD HD has nothing to do with how the files are played back, that's all to do with the MPLS files contained in the playlist folder which AnyDVD HD does not touch. As this film uses seamless branching you have to know which mpls file to use to get the right set of files for it to just play back the main movie and not the version that also adds in the extra sections that include the commentary. If you choose the correct MPLS file when loading it into Clown BD the output will be just the main movie with the correct audio and not the version that has all the extra parts with directors comments.
The problem is because you're just trying to use the m2ts files on their own which doesn't work when using seamless branching. You need the MPLS file to know which files make up the correct movie structure. If you don't still have them then you're pretty much out of luck unless you get the disc again. A new version of AnyDVD HD won't fix this as it's nothing to do with AnyDVD HD's output, it's been copied across exactly as it is on the original disc, just minus the encryption.

Last edited:
The video is identical no matter what player and if or if not anydvd is running.

This is a major issue because DVDFAB BD does the exact same thing with this movie... there is something we are missing in the chapter arrangement with Sherlock Holmes BD.

If you are storing the movies on your harddrive, have you tried BD Rebuilder, and then playing the movies with PowerDVD Ultra, or TMT3?

Hope this helps.

Hi DataCrypt, there is nothing wrong with stripping your disks down to m2ts files instead of .isos, in fact, in some cases it is quite sensible.
I recently re-processed all of my BD iso backups to just the movie .m2ts files with unwanted audio tracks removed. Saved myself a load of space in the process. To play I am using the latest MPC-HC/FFDShowTryouts builds for HD audio bitstreaming functionality, so far it has been working well. Previously I had used PDVD9.

For the odd movie that is written across multiple .M2TS files your best bet is to use ClownBD as already advised, I can confirm that for Sherlock Holmes (Reg.A) works fine, although I think I had to select the second (or possibly third playlist) to avoid ripping the directors chat guff.

HTH

Try BDInfo, this will give you the correct order of playback for the files. Also, take a look at MakeMKV. This will pull the movie off in one file without loss of quality.

THKS....!

Now is there a copy of ClownBD that does not have that TrojanVirus attached to it?

Hi DataCrypt, there is nothing wrong with stripping your disks down to m2ts files instead of .isos, in fact, in some cases it is quite sensible.
I recently re-processed all of my BD iso backups to just the movie .m2ts files with unwanted audio tracks removed. Saved myself a load of space in the process. To play I am using the latest MPC-HC/FFDShowTryouts builds for HD audio bitstreaming functionality, so far it has been working well. Previously I had used PDVD9.

For the odd movie that is written across multiple .M2TS files your best bet is to use ClownBD as already advised, I can confirm that for Sherlock Holmes (Reg.A) works fine, although I think I had to select the second (or possibly third playlist) to avoid ripping the directors chat guff.

HTH

My players are fine... and yes I stream but i can stream 50g .m2ts files if I like with my hardware media player through my network.

*FYI: Load K-Lite full along with the new FF codecs and you can play any bd dvd rip. The player that comes with k-lite is media player classic.

As you see today.. there is a new ver 6.3.3.2 released. I suspect a fix was made to address this very playlist problem.

If you are storing the movies on your harddrive, have you tried BD Rebuilder, and then playing the movies with PowerDVD Ultra, or TMT3?

Hope this helps.

If you download it from the Clown BD site then it doesn't have a trojan, it's just your AV software giving a false positive

Really? wow! ok...

NOD32 and Kaspersky both detect a virus/trojan. And a-squared spyware detector too. Must be the copy I got from there website yesterday...

Hummm???

If you download it from the Clown BD site then it doesn't have a trojan, it's just your AV software giving a false positive

Also this is not an ANyDVD HD problem. AnyDVD HD doesn't touch the playlists as that's contained in the mpls files which aren't touched at all, just copied over from the original disc. You just need to find the correct mpls file to find the correct set of m2ts files. Your best bet is to run it through Clown BD which will come up with a choice of playlists, chose the right one and you'll end up with a single file at the end with the finished movie as 1 file

OK... cool...

But how do you explain.. after I loaded 6.3.3.2 (today's release) Sherlock Holmes BD burned 100%. ???

Watching it as we speak....

Also this is not an ANyDVD HD problem. AnyDVD HD doesn't touch the playlists as that's contained in the mpls files which aren't touched at all, just copied over from the original disc. You just need to find the correct mpls file to find the correct set of m2ts files. Your best bet is to run it through Clown BD which will come up with a choice of playlists, chose the right one and you'll end up with a single file at the end with the finished movie as 1 file

I don't understand what you mean, you said you were just playing the single m2ts files which are in small chunks as the film has seamless branching due to the nature of the authoring, now you're saying your burning it?
I have had this film for a few weeks and have had no issues with playback or running it through Clown BD to make a single file m2ts which plays fine and that was before the latest AnyDVD HD. You don't seem to be following that AnyDVD HD doesn't touch the playlist files at all, it just removes the encryption from the video files which don't contain any information about the playlist at all

Last edited:
Dude you are way off...

I use tsmuxer to extract everything I do not want then I play back the finished product.

txmuxer is not screwing with the video track. I am not giving it any instruction to do so... nor with the audio.

I played back the .m2ts file right after running through anydvd and it was the screwed up narraed version I have been speaking about. The issue is with anydvd. Nothing else.

I don't understand what you mean, you said you were just playing the single m2ts files which are in small chunks as the film has seamless branching due to the nature of the authoring, now you're saying your burning it?
I have had this film for a few weeks and have had no issues with playback or running it through Clown BD to make a single file m2ts which plays fine and that was before the latest AnyDVD HD. You don't seem to be following that AnyDVD HD doesn't touch the playlist files at all, it just removes the encryption from the video files which don't contain any information about the playlist at all

No I'm not way off.
There isn't 1 m2ts file for Sherlock Holmes as it's made from multiple files due to seamless branching. This is not caused by AnyDVD HD but due to not loading in the correct set of files into TSmuxer. As I've already said a few times AnyDVD HD doesn't mess with the playlists at all as they are in the MPLS files not in the M2TS files and AnyDVD HD doesn't touch the MPLS files.
Maybe you should post up an AnyDVD HD logfile

Last edited:
After using anydvd hd to rip my copy to iso. I backed it up using dvdfab. I had multiple files in the stream folder. burnt it with img burn, plays fine in my PS3. I made sure to select the file shown as 2:08, NOT the one at 2:11 (that's the Maximum movie mode file).:)

Dude you are way off...

I use tsmuxer to extract everything I do not want then I play back the finished product.

txmuxer is not screwing with the video track. I am not giving it any instruction to do so... nor with the audio.

I played back the .m2ts file right after running through anydvd and it was the screwed up narraed version I have been speaking about. The issue is with anydvd. Nothing else.

AnyDVD decrypts the files. That's why what James told you "AnyDVD did it's job" was 100% accurate. AnyDVD decryptrs. period. If it wouldn't do that right, the result would definitely not be a wrong audion track, but a crashing player or in milder forms: black screen and silence.

AnyDVD wouldn't even know how to handle playlists, they are just opaque files to it. And it won't "(re-)arrange chapters" - then again, it does escape me how this would even be related to a problem with a wrong audio track.

So really, your insisting on being right here is just silly.

It's possible, that the studio did some tricks to mess up the info in the playlists. They may have simply "mislabled" the audio tracks, so the narration audio shows up as HD track. From my experience with players that would work flawlessly, as they normally don't really go for that information in the playlist files, but rather rely on what's really in the m2ts files. So you wouldn't notice.
Tsmuxer and other tools on the other hand use only that information from the playlist.

Hard to tell, I'd need an AnyDVD log to confirm that.

Well I can definitely confirm that it works fine with the US release and has done for weeks. I've also run my copy through BD rebuilder and through Clown BD and always end up with the correct version of the film with the correct HD audio track when I play it back in TMT 3 as long as you choose the correct MPLS track in Clown BD you get the right version of the film as the Directors commentary vid files are interspersed with the main movie files.

Back