• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Press Release: SlySoft acquires Game Jackal

Secondly, I would like to ask the moderator of this forum ( Webslinger ? ) if Slysoft will support the 3 versions of Game Jackal formerly offered by Jackal consulting, namely the standard version, Pro version and of course the Enterprise edition. As a licensed owner of the Pro version, I am wondering if the proposed 10$ upgrade cost will apply to the 3 versions, if in fact the 3 versions will continue to be supported by Slysoft?

Thanks and once again Kudo's to Slysoft for aquiring and supporting a fine new product.

:agree: :agree: :clap: :clap:

azzaro9111,

We decided not to continue with the Standard version, we'll offer only the Pro version. Both, Standard and Pro users, will get the 10$ upgrade to the Pro version. Some statistics: Jacal consulting sold more than 90% Pro versions, so the Standard version was not really popular.

We are still thinking about the future of Enterprise version. That market is quite small, but I think we'll keep it...

Game Jackal + Slysoft = Excellent!

I have been a fan of Game Jackal and Slysoft for some time now. To have the two combine is just excellent news. I for one will be upgrading my licence.

Oh! The only thing is I have upgraded to Windows Vista x64 and the old version of Game Jackal just has problems. Will the Slysoft version work on x64? I'm hoping and praying it will! Please let us know as soon as you can. :)

My next question is dual licences do we have to pay $20 to upgrade both licences? Can someone please confirm if this is the case or not.

Well the fact Game Jackal is to continue is just fantastic news and the support it will get from Slysoft going by their past record with other titles is going to be excellent. So I for one will be upgrading, (x64 permitting).

Way to go Slysoft! :clap:

So the big questions now are...

1: Dual/Multiple licenses how will payment work with regards to that?

2: Where can I get my new license? I see the product is still not avalible on your product page?

I dont mind paying again just as long as its not expensive because I have a dual license...

So the big questions now are...

1: Dual/Multiple licenses how will payment work with regards to that?

2: Where can I get my new license? I see the product is still not avalible on your product page?

I dont mind paying again just as long as its not expensive because I have a dual license...

I would imagine that these questions will be fully answered at the end of the month when SlySoft first releases GJ. It isn't on the product page yet because they are still working on changing the registration system.

Saviours!

At last!
I've been a fan of Game Jackel ever since it came out.
I'll certainly be happy to pay the $10 upgrade: thank you Slysoft for taking existing customers into consideration and offering a reduced price!

Slysoft will do everything ecomonicly feasable to help all the Game Jackel customers. The minute it is available the people here will be the first to know.:clap: :agree:

Am looking forward to slysoft release. Had only just purchaced the pro product 2 weeks before this all happened, one would have thought that Jacal would have pulled the product or issued a warning of pending shut down. heck they must have know. :mad: Just one of those things I spose.

Anyway the $10US for Slysoft is not bad concidering they have picked up the ball to run with it. as long as one does not see the same thing happen again in the near future. :)

(Would be nice to see if Slysoft can intergrate starforce into GJ)

Thanks for picking up GJ guys..

Last edited:
$10, eh. Yeah okay, I don't mind paying a small rescue fee. I am pleased that such a superb piece of software will live on.

I hope SlySoft keep the wondrous "I'll keep the hell out of your face if you aren't actually using me" philosophy of the Game Jackal software. In this day and age when seemingly every developer sees fit to install some stupid systray-fast-start-updatificator crap with their software, this makes a most refreshing change.

Everything I've seen leads me to believe GJ has ended up in good hands. Long live GJ!

Thanks

Thanks so much for picking up this great piece of software!

You go, boyo!

I've been a Game Jackal user for a couple of years. While it's not perfect, it can knock the number of images stored on your hard drive way down. Great piece of software, when working in concert with Daemon Tools or Alcohol 120% you'll never have to "Insert CD" again.
Thank you, Slysoft, for rescuing this software! Sign me up for Slysoft License! Might I suggest "SlyJackal" or "AnyGame" as titles?
-Icy

End of march good

:bowdown: I think this will be great $10 I would pay that and tell my friends. I have 10 of them who use this and all will upgrade when it comes out.

azzaro9111,

We decided not to continue with the Standard version, we'll offer only the Pro version. Both, Standard and Pro users, will get the 10$ upgrade to the Pro version. Some statistics: Jacal consulting sold more than 90% Pro versions, so the Standard version was not really popular.

We are still thinking about the future of Enterprise version. That market is quite small, but I think we'll keep it...

I own a gaming center in Austin, and we bought an enterprise license for all of our PCs in November, and boom, a little over a month later we are hosed. Then I found the site, and have been checking every day, and see this. The enterprise market isn't large enough? You mean every lan gaming center in the entire world won't cut it as a market? Do you guys realize that the enterprise version just came out? Do you know how many centers have been using the pro version instead, and would be willing to change over? I need to be able to send out profiles to my computers without having to go to each one. It seems to me supporting enterprise is a little more work, for a lot more customers that you already have, but have not yet switched to enterprise. I would suggest you do some market research, and perhaps contact gaming centers. The iGames program got me on board. I'd suggest a promotion with them when you return, and I'm betting you will get plenty of enterprise customers if you sell the product to them correctly.

This is very good news. I have not visited this site for a little while now.

For me the cost of the new license upgrade is not a problem at all. I am just glad that the program did not go belly up.

The one issue that does concern me is that the way the program can be installed stays the same. The past developers would on request give a manual key for those that were going to use the program on a PC that was not hooked up to the web. (the best way to have a gaming PC)

Also by using the same key you could reinstall the program to keep all your existing profiles. But this would all be know by the new developers anyway.

Anyway I have my original e-mail confirming my purchase ready for my proof of purchase if necessary.

When can I pre order? The most pressing question I have at this time.

If proof of purchase will be required to be validated before us existing customers can get some sort of discount, please start this process early so we can get the new version on the relese day.

Cheers MarkL

Yes. I just recovered back all the emails from the original purchase on Dec '05. Please let us know when to pre-order if we can at all.

When can I pre order? The most pressing question I have at this time.
Cheers MarkL

:confused:
What would be the purpose of pre-ordering a product that allows immediate download? The instant its available, everyone can get it, right?

It's definitely not ok and not worth it!

Hi there,

that's very bad and 10 USD isn't worth it!

Lifetime upgrades, lol, I already had an lifetime license of GameJackal and the new cooperation which take over the old, have to continue the old licenses for free!

That is law and charge of 10 USD is not allowed.

If a firm acquire GameJackal, the existing customers have nothing to do and will get all updates and upgrades for lifetime for free, this is the agreement you got on payment for GameJackal!

And we see what lifetime upgrades are worth at SlySoft, nothing!

See AnyDVD, see CloneCD, see CloneDVD, development is almost still at the latter two!

And SlySoft simply release AnyDVD HD and let all customers pay again!

That is very bad and I bet, after you had already pay 10 USD for GameJackal, some time SlySoft will release another GameJackal variation, like GameJackal HD or something like this and you have to pay again!

This company policy is very bad, spoof and insolence!

For GameJackal Standard licenses this behavior is ok, but not for Pro version with lifetime license!

I'm very angry. :mad:

Back