• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

PowerDVD 8.0 Ultra Released!

Did I get you right?
You can play a .m2ts-file from harddisc with Nero 8?
Until now I thought Powerdvd Ultra is the only software to do so...

You do *not* need to purchase any software to play an m2ts file directly, other than AnyDVD HD to remove any BD+ encryption. :agree: You can use Media Player Classic, along with Haali Media Splitter, AC3Filter, and the latest ffdshow-tryouts. Of course, you will not get TrueHD or DTS-HD audio decode support from these apps. You will get the core DTS and DD/AC3 audio from the HD audio streams though.

Did I get you right?
You can play a .m2ts-file from harddisc with Nero 8?
Until now I thought Powerdvd Ultra is the only software to do so...

I tried PowerDVD Ultra Version 7.3

It WOULD NOT play the Blu-Ray that I had. It
did not recognize the file type.

I just tried PowerDVD Ultra Version 7.3 on a
SD-DVD file on Disk. It DOES PLAY that file.

Nero 8 Plays all types of files on Disk, SD and HD.

Well I figured out why my BDs werent working... when I have D3DOverrder set to 'Force Triple Buffering' in DX9, PDVD8 doesnt like it, so when it's disabled BDs work fine.

And yes, it decodes the full DTS-HD Master Audio in 7.1 channels. Well done Cyberlink :rock:

Even when I have PDVD set to 6 channels (I'm only 5.1), in Information it still says DTS-HD MA 7.1 on New Line discs :)

Well I figured out why my BDs werent working... when I have D3DOverrder set to 'Force Triple Buffering' in DX9, PDVD8 doesnt like it, so when it's disabled BDs work fine.

And yes, it decodes the full DTS-HD Master Audio in 7.1 channels. Well done Cyberlink :rock:

Even when I have PDVD set to 6 channels (I'm only 5.1), in Information it still says DTS-HD MA 7.1 on New Line discs :)

Thanks for the UPDATE :rock:

But its still downconverting the signal to 16/48 due to AACS, even when there is no AACS on the disc...

And it still gives the annoying aliasing effect with Nvidia 8600 GTS which is really a joke...

But its still downconverting the signal to 16/48 due to AACS, even when there is no AACS on the disc...

And it still gives the annoying aliasing effect with Nvidia 8600 GTS which is really a joke...

Still better than core :)

Initial PowerDVD Ultra 7.3 and 8 coexistence test results.

Cyberlink finally fixed the non-working key problem yesterday.

I have completed initial testing and successfully used version 7.3 and the new version 8 of PowerDVD Ultra with both installed on a Vista 64 PC.

Initially, when I mounted an ISO, both versions would execute simultaneously and lock up the computer. Thankfully, in version 8, Cyberlink has disabled or removed the autorun feature that is built-in to PowerDVD Ultra 7.3 so I was able to disable autorun under Vista and version 8 stopped autoexecuting. Then, when I mounted an ISO using Daemon Tools Lite only 7.3 started running. After exiting version 7.3 I was able run version 8.

I am currently trying to find an easy way to disable the autorun under version 7.3. I think I've done it before by disabling the PowerDVD process that runs at startup but I can't remember what I did. If anyone knows how to do this please let me know.

I've also tried to play a HD DVD ISO but it doesn't work. I suspect that the code may still be there because it looks like it's playing the file but displaying only a black screen. No error messages are generated and Power DVD Ultra does not crash.

Last edited:
Has anyone found out where the BD region information is stored?

@ roog: Disable the service which is called PDVDServ.exe

EDIT: BD region still in brf.dat

Last edited:
@ roog: Disable the service which is called PDVDServ.exe

Thx! I finally remembered how to do it. I went to Control Panel -> Classic View -> Administratitive Tools -> System Configuration clicked the Startup tab then unchecked PDVDServ.exe and PDVD8Serv.exe.

Both PowerDVD Ultra 7.3 and 8 now work the way I want them too. I recommend that you do this for 7.3 before you install version 8.

Initially, when I mounted an ISO, both versions would execute simultaneously and lock up the computer. Thankfully, in version 8, Cyberlink has disabled or removed the autorun feature that is built-in to PowerDVD Ultra 7.3 so I was able to disable autorun under Vista and version 8 stopped autoexecuting. Then, when I mounted an ISO using Daemon Tools Lite only 7.3 started running. After exiting version 7.3 I was able run version 8.
So you are saying that you played a BD ISO with PDVD 8?

So you are saying that you played a BD ISO with PDVD 8?

Absolutely! No problems at all so far but I've been testing with full rips done with Clonecd and AnyDVD HD turned off after AnyDVD HD reads the disc and before I run CloneCD. For most of those I used AnyDVD HD 6.4.0.2 or later.

The Cyberlink forums seem to have been down for some time now.

We're sorry. The site is unavailable due to maintenance.

I wonder if they just took their forum offline to subvert the overabundance of complaints they were sure to have received over this key debacle.

It appears that anyone that may have recently purchased Ultra 7 may have the option of going to 8 free of charge. I purchased mine back in October and this was their answer to my question. As I had purchase the two year of maintenance for approx $8.00, I asked if I got 8 with that. However anyone that recently purchased Ultra may want to contact CyberLink and you maybe able to get 8.

Thank you for contacting CyberLink Online Support.

In regard to your concern, we like to inform you that you have purchased PowerDVD Ultra software on Oct 28, 2007. i.e. About 5 months ago. In that case we can not provide you the free upgrade to PowerDVD 8.0 Ultra software.

If you want to use the PowerDVD 8.0 Ultra software then we request you to purchase this upgrade from the CyberLink website. Please follow the below mentioned link :-

strange one this,downloaded pdvd8 upgrade for pdvd7,installed it,now i have 2 versions,3319a and pdvd8 sweet:rock:but no hddvd or hdd playback:bang:dont know how this happened but s$"^t i dont care,everything works well:rock:

strange one this,downloaded pdvd8 upgrade for pdvd7,installed it,now i have 2 versions,3319a and pdvd8 sweet:rock:but no hddvd or hdd playback:bang:dont know how this happened but s$"^t i dont care,everything works well:rock:

Did you try my FYI suggestion? If you make ISOs from HD DVDs or HD DVD rips you should be able to play them with PowerDVD Ultra 7.

You can't play HD-DVDs with 7.3 Ultra when 8 Ultra is installed?? :confused: Should we consider that both softwares are not independent?

Absolutely! No problems at all so far but I've been testing with full rips done with Clonecd and AnyDVD HD turned off after AnyDVD HD reads the disc and before I run CloneCD. For most of those I used AnyDVD HD 6.4.0.2 or later.
I am confused regarding clonecd / anydnd hd - before / after etc...

Did you just tried a ''simple'' rip with anydvdhd (no clone cd) and then iso convert (imgburn or nero) and then daemon tools mounting?

Or simply making iso from ''net rips''? This does not work for me.

I also tried burning a bd rw disc but i got the same results (black screen).

Everything (iso)is working fine with 7,3 installed in the same xp installation.

I am confused regarding clonecd / anydnd hd - before / after etc...

Did you just tried a ''simple'' rip with anydvdhd (no clone cd) and then iso convert (imgburn or nero) and then daemon tools mounting?

Or simply making iso from ''net rips''? This does not work for me.

I also tried burning a bd rw disc but i got the same results (black screen).

Everything (iso)is working fine with 7,3 installed in the same xp installation.

See here: Samuri's ISO Guide

That is the method he's following. Essentially rip an ISO with AnyDVD disabled, and when mounting it enable AnyDVD for the mounted virtual drive be it Daemon Tools or VCD 5.3.0.0 beta.

Back